Clear All

• go shaun! always good to see selby on a early exit

Comment

• Originally Posted by bingo View Post
      Why hasn't Selby conceded :s
      Legendary time waster?

Comment

• Well done Shaun.

I really hope to see Mark do well from now on. This season has been poor for him so far.

Comment

• Originally Posted by bingo View Post
          Why hasn't Selby conceded :s
          He never does until he needs at least 5 snookers. Especially on the final frame.

A good win for Shaun.

I can now go on to enjoy the rest of the tournament.

Comment

• Nice win for Murphy.

Comment

• Lovely match to start the tournament, typical Selby coming back from 5-1 behind, like he did against Bingham two years ago. :smile: This time he didn't play a strong decider though. Murphy left him bang in the balls two times, but Selby didn't score much at all. He reached the final of both the UK and the Masters in 12/13 and 13/14, so I thought he was a pretty safe bet for my fantasy team in these two tournaments, but he didn't bring me many points in the end. I'm relying on O'Sullivan to compensate for that again now. :wink:

Well played to Murphy, he wobbled a little again towards the end, but he finally gets his first win over a top16 player in a major event this season. The Masters was a turning point for him last year, and it could be again here. But of course the section he is in is really nasty, so he has a tough job. :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Where's Willie? View Post
                Can't remember now if Selby played opening match last year, my snooker memory not as good as Odrl's!!
                Yes, Selby's match against Mark Davis was the opening match of the tournament last year. Went to a decider of course, and Selby made it 10 out of 10 in deciders at the Masters. Today was the first decider he's ever lost, so it's now 11 out of 12. :smile:

I'm not sure whether the defending champion has played the opening match in all the previous years as well, but if that's the case, I can only assume O'Sullivan must have asked for a change himself.

Comment

• Yes well done Shaun in the end, played well in the decider. Typical nervy way to win it for Shaun, after an equally typical comeback from Selby. Good match to start the tournament with though, fairly tense stuff in the end. Looking forward to the 2nd match this evening. Until then I will be watching the Lakeside Final. That 2nd Semi yesterday was incredible drama!

Comment

• The Masters Jan 11 - 18, 2015

think Murphy just lacks confidence sometimes. I remember before playing O Sullivan in the worlds he said that it would be good to just get near to him. i thought this was a very negative thing to say and Ronnie beat him with a session to spare. today i read he has given himself the target of winning the masters in the next ten years! For a player who had won the uk and world titles I think he is aiming very low. Perhaps he needs to believe in himself more?
                    coaching is not just for the pros
                    www.121snookercoaching.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                      Yes, Selby's match against Mark Davis was the opening match of the tournament last year. Went to a decider of course, and Selby made it 10 out of 10 in deciders at the Masters. Today was the first decider he's ever lost, so it's now 11 out of 12. :smile:

I'm not sure whether the defending champion has played the opening match in all the previous years as well, but if that's the case, I can only assume O'Sullivan must have asked for a change himself.
                      would that not be 10 out of 11 for decider-wins?
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Murphy was far from convincing in getting over the line, but a win is a win. He sure will need to play considerably better if he has any aspirations of becoming Masters champion..
                        "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• Originally Posted by CoachGavin View Post
                          think Murphy just lacks confidence sometimes. I remember before playing O Sullivan in the worlds he said that it would be good to just get near to him. i thought this was a very negative thing to say and Ronnie beat him with a session to spare. today i read he has given himself the target of winning the masters in the next ten years! For a player who had won the uk and world titles I think he is aiming very low. Perhaps he needs to believe in himself more?

Couldn't agree more, i heard him say the ten years Masters thing, very low ambition for a player of his quality!
                          After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                            Today was the first decider he's ever lost
                            Yes. I was really surprised that he lost that final. I was saying to my eldest that it's all over for Murphy as Selby always wins deciders.

I might be wrong but he's form has taken a big dip since he's had his child. Maybe he's not getting enough sleep or practise.

Comment

• Well done Murphy! Big big win especially for his confidence for the rest of the season...
                              Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

• Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
                                Yes. I was really surprised that he lost that final. I was saying to my eldest that it's all over for Murphy as Selby always wins deciders.

I might be wrong but he's form has taken a big dip since he's had his child. Maybe he's not getting enough sleep or practise.
                                we have seen it all before with other players
                                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X