• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ooph what a body blow for Judd!

Comment

• Looks like my stream is delayed by a bit

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
        Probably because he's not doing anything we've not seen before (Higgins, White, O'Sullivan) but he acts like he's something special as if his like has never seen before. Sorry to tell him but his style of play is old news, its been done before and done better before. Sooner he gets that through his head and lets it deflate a lot the better.
        really because I've never seen a player hit the balls with such power and accuracy in the game before. Don't talk to me about Jimmy White either, he played on much bigger pockets when he was doing his exhibition shots and I've never seen White play deep screw backs over 10ft like Judd does.

I think people are clouded by the Judd of 2011/12 when he was playing many shots with power. Now he only plays it as a percentage shot and just likes to entertain once he has won the frame. People see clips of his power and think that is all he has, he has a lot of finesse now and his safety is excellent, a real all rounder with the added bonus of immense cue power and shot making ability. Simply put he has more shots in his armoury than anyone in the game, that is my friend why he is something very special indeed!!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by bingo View Post
          Cracking long pot, come on Mags!
          Mag's long game has gone walkabout.

This could be 2-2 now. What a let off for Mag's.

Comment

• Certainly Maguire getting the better of the running in the last couple of frames. Certainly doesn't deserve to be level at the interval but this is a fairly easy chance for a top 16 player to win the frame in one visit.

Comment

• 2-2 it is...Trump must be thinking wtf happened?! And Mags is counting his blessings.

Comment

• To be fair, Mags did get 2 unlucky kicks. Which definitely cost him the first frame I think.

Comment

• Trump should be 4-0 ahead but he lost his
                  concentration on a couple of shots.
                  Hopefully he can regroup and take the match.

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                    2-2 it is...Trump must be thinking wtf happened?! And Mags is counting his blessings.
                    This is why snooker is so challenging, you can be playing so much better than the opponent but a little rub of luck here and there can really change the dynamic of a match. Maguire so lucky after that bad long pot where he split the reds not to leave a straightforward red, Judd has one red to pot, finishes on the cushion and then misses a tricky green and leaves Maguire perfect. Too often in this game luck determines the outcome of a frame, mentally you need to be so strong but there are very few that don't get affected by it.

Comment

• What a bad opening shot by Mags -.-

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                        This is why snooker is so challenging...
                        ...and so utterly enjoyable to watch.

Comment

• It has turned into a scrappy game. I thought it would be big breaks and good safety but it has been poor tbh. Mags has dragged trump down.

Comment

• Steve Davis strong point at school wasn't maths! Saying during the break it takes 24 pots to make a century lol! It's 25 pots Steve

Comment

• Originally Posted by Alba_ View Post
                              It has turned into a scrappy game. I thought it would be big breaks and good safety but it has been poor tbh. Mags has dragged trump down.
                              Frames can go that way in any match to be fair. In a way I never expected fireworks in this match, Trump seems uncomfortable at the Masters more than at any tournament on the calendar, I've never seen him perform well there, a bit like John Higgins who for a long time never produced in this event either.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                                really because I've never seen a player hit the balls with such power and accuracy in the game before. Don't talk to me about Jimmy White either, he played on much bigger pockets when he was doing his exhibition shots and I've never seen White play deep screw backs over 10ft like Judd does.

!
                                Matter of opinion if White and the others played on bigger pockets, if seen plenty of people casting doubt on the supposed tightness of the pockets that players play on these days. And if you've not seen white play screw shots over 10 feet plus then you must not have watched that much snooker throughout the years. There's also the fact that the tables were much slower in the 80's and 90's than they are today so playing those kind of shots required much more power, which in turn required much more accuracy.

This vid at the 1:10 mark shows white playing a long range screw shot from around 10 feet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yp-TeVaTEs

This vid at the 1:08 mark shows higgins doing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocHpavzr8lE

Both played on older tables with much slower cloth.

Comment

Working...
                                X