Welsh Open Feb 16-22, 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welsh Open Feb 16-22, 2015

well got here safely through some torrential rain.
    Seen Alfie and Ashley win their matches.
    Taylor and Poomjaeng having a long match.
    Jimmy and Barry sharing the first two frames. And Swail and Guodong starting.
    ps snookerfan - plenty of toilets for you :biggrin:
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Ronnie is playing exhibtion snooker. Pretty disrespectful to Calabrese.

Comment

Originally Posted by Dani View Post
        Ronnie is playing exhibtion snooker. Pretty disrespectful to Calabrese.
        You mean Cahill
        My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
        I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Just watching the Williams vs Lyu match. Lyu's long game is non existent. He looks like he's given up in this match.

Comment

It's quite clear Ronnie doesn't care about this match. Let's see if Calabrese is good enough to take advantage.

Comment

Agree about the lack of respect being shown, the way he slammed that black in left handed at the end of frame 2 makes me never want to play again lol.
              After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                well got here safely through some torrential rain.
                Seen Alfie and Ashley win their matches.
                Taylor and Poomjaeng having a long match.
                Jimmy and Barry sharing the first two frames. And Swail and Guodong starting.
                ps snookerfan - plenty of toilets for you :biggrin:
                Good job.

The Ally Pally was ridiculous. 2000 people, and two toilets. I was lucky enough to get out quickly most days, and still had to wait pretty much all of the mid-session to go for a slash at one point. Only just made it back in. People who weren't quite so quick out probably had to wait half an hour. The queues were that long.

I had never really noticed how much the gender ratio was tipped in the male's direction at snooker matches until that point. The women were walking straight into toilets, the men were waiting an age. After a couple of pints, and watching four frames you're not in the mood to hear women go; "Oooh, it's nice for us to not have to queue" six times in 5 minutes...

Comment

Come on the welsh boys come on mark williams get ur game back on track mush!

Comment

Robertson makes a nice century to go 2-0. It
                    would be nice to see him or Trump win this
                    tournament.

Comment

Robertson break building is crazybhe should a lot more than he does absolutley amazing

Comment

OMG. Pinches has beaten White.

White did not qualify for the China or the Indian Open. I think this is White starting to exit the professional circuit. He's currently 64.

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post

White did not qualify for the China or the Indian Open. I think this is White starting to exit the professional circuit. He's currently 64.
                          He's decently placed on the PTC order of merit thing. Hard to see a top player such a shadow of his former self, especially when he obviously still loves the game so much.

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post

Hardly surprising these days, he still likes to play obviously but his competitive days are long behind him.

Comment

Neil wins 4-0.

I was just reading the player information on World Snooker for James Cahill:

"He comes from a snooker background as his mum Maria was a leading ladies player, and her sister Mandy is married to seven-time World Champion Stephen Hendry."
                              My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                              I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Three one-sided matches so far then, not too surprisingly.

O'Sullivan-Calabrese was very poor. Calabrese was getting all kinds of difficult shots, but missed just as many sitters, and you just can't be competitive that way. It reminded me a lot of O'Sullivan-Cope in the 2010 Welsh Open...

I have a feeling O'Sullivan will take his match against McLeod more seriously tonight. :wink:

Great stuff from Robertson on the other hand, some clinical scoring, I just hope he doesn't waste his best form on the early rounds again. :smile:

Comment

Working...
                                X