Welsh Open Feb 16-22, 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    Great stuff from Robertson on the other hand, some clinical scoring, I just hope he doesn't waste his best form on the early rounds again. :smile:
    Yes, Neil was on fire.
    Frame (1) 116 break
    Frame (2) 131 break
    Frame (3) 103 break

4-0

Poor James Cahill didn't get much of a chance, but he did have the best seat to watch Neil pot everything in sight.
    My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
    I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Cant believe jimmy blew that match, seemed to have enough chances, losing on a respotted black 4-3, devestating defeat, was looking forward to watching him playing williams tonight, bloody disaster if ever i seen one

Hopefully this 42nd european tour ranking position he has will be enough for him to stay on tour, pretty disastrous 3 days for him, to put it lightly.
      Blown away

Comment

I am glad to see Trump advance as he seems to
        play well but find a way lose which must be very
        frustrating for him. Hopefully he goes thru to the
        semi finals at least.

Comment

Originally Posted by jw147 View Post
          Cant believe jimmy blew that match, seemed to have enough chances, losing on a respotted black 4-3, devestating defeat, was looking forward to watching him playing williams tonight, bloody disaster if ever i seen one

Hopefully this 42nd european tour ranking position he has will be enough for him to stay on tour, pretty disastrous 3 days for him, to put it lightly.
          Yep. In a recent interview he said he could still win the Worlds. Such a shame. He's still a great player but his game is now plagued with the odd miss and safety mistake which costs him frame after frame.
          Last edited by cyberheater; 16 February 2015, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
            Yep. In a recent interview he said he could still win the Worlds. Such a shame. He's still a great player but his game is now plagues with the odd miss and safety mistake which costs him frame after frame.
            Yea not good, he had a century today to make it 3-3 thought he would of pushed on from there and took the decider, results brings confidence which is something hes lacking, needs to pull his socks up now. Do you think the 42 position in ptc's will be enough to stay on tour and keep his ranking points, or will he need wins over in gdynia in next ptc? Cheers
            Blown away

Comment

Yep. In a recent interview he said he could still win the Worlds. Such a shame. He's still a great player but his game is now plagued with the odd miss and safety mistake which costs him frame after frame.
              Said it before and I'll say it again, he's nuts if he honestly believes that. Couldn't do it in his prime with fewer players around, now he's up against people in their late teens early 20's who can pot him off the table without breaking a sweat. I'd like to see him winning the worlds but lets face it, you're more likely to find a pile of gold encrusted rocking horse crap.

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
                Said it before and I'll say it again, he's nuts if he honestly believes that. Couldn't do it in his prime with fewer players around, now he's up against people in their late teens early 20's who can pot him off the table without breaking a sweat. I'd like to see him winning the worlds but lets face it, you're more likely to find a pile of gold encrusted rocking horse crap.
                Hes optimistic, a good trait to have. The first hurdle is the hardest one for him, that is just to qualify. Anything can happen at the crucible.
                Blown away

Comment

Yea not good, he had a century today to make it 3-3 thought he would of pushed on from there and took the decider, results brings confidence which is something hes lacking, needs to pull his socks up now. Do you think the 42 position in ptc's will be enough to stay on tour and keep his ranking points, or will he need wins over in gdynia in next ptc? Cheers
                  He's ranking is 64th after the German Masters. He's just above the cutoff point.

http://www.worldsnooker.com/staticFi...~182010,00.pdf

Legitimately, he should be off the tour after this season ends but I think Barry Hearn will still allow him to play.

Comment

Hes optimistic, a good trait to have. The first hurdle is the hardest one for him, that is just to qualify. Anything can happen at the crucible.
                    Yeah getting to the Crucible is the problem though, last time he was there was something like 2007 or thereabouts.

Comment

He's ranking is 64th after the German Masters. He's just above the cutoff point.

http://www.worldsnooker.com/staticFi...~182010,00.pdf

Legitimately, he should be off the tour after this season ends but I think Barry Hearn will still allow him to play.
                      Yea but hes 42nd in ptc rankings, i thought top 64 there kept theyre ranking points and stayed on tour. Would rather that than a tour wildcard and back at 0 ranking points.
                      Blown away

Comment

White is much like Steve Davis. Both want to play
                        however their game is fading and its tough to compete
                        with the younger talent.

Comment

Yea but hes 42nd in ptc rankings, i thought top 64 there kept theyre ranking points and stayed on tour. Would rather that than a tour wildcard and back at 0 ranking points.
                          But I think before the Worlds he'll be below 64 so effectively out of the tour but probably given a invitational tour card for next season.

Comment

I do find it very sad that Jimmy still says things like "I can still win the World Championship" - he struggles to even get through qualifiers now, so the prospect of his winning all his qualifying matches AND playing to such a high standard that the best in the world fall before him, is so remote as to be tragicomic.

Comment

But I think before the Worlds he'll be below 64 so effectively out of the tour but probably given a invitational tour card for next season.
                              Drago finished last season outside top 64 but stayed on tour and kept his ranking, because of the european ptc rankings. Wont complain if hes given an invite tour card but would prefer him to stay on tour on merit and not start next season at zero points.
                              Blown away

Comment

Drago finished last season outside top 64 but stayed on tour and kept his ranking, because of the european ptc rankings. Wont complain if hes given an invite tour card but would prefer him to stay on tour on merit and not start next season at zero points.
                                Yep. I agree. Give this great player who has given so much to the game another year on the tour.

Let's face it. If you're a up and coming player. Who wouldn't want to play the legend Jimmy White.

Comment

Working...
                                X