No announcement yet.

World Seniors Championship 2-3, March 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah. A seriously structured tournament for former maintour players would be pretty desirable IMHO (wouldn't mind longish, tactical frames with just 30something breaks at all). But his... pure nonsense. There's just no sense in having someone like Dennis Taylor playing someone like Mark Williams. A shame really, this had so much potential if it was done properly...
    "That pocket moved!"

Comment

I see what you mean but I like the seeing someone like Davis beating players who are still in the main tour.

Comment

Apparently the first match was delayed, as the referee had a nose bleed.

Comment

Fair enough, but I would have prefered Davis beating someone like Hendry. Or losing to someone like Hendry. Great to see the Nugget safely through, though.
          "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
            Apparently the first match was delayed, as the referee had a nose bleed.
            who punched him? is the ghost of Alex around?
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I fancy Cliff taking this one.

Comment

Yes it could be a real decent tournament if they had
                just the 'real' seniors playing. Shame.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  who punched him? is the ghost of Alex around?
                  Isn't he always?
                  "That pocket moved!"

Comment

John Parrot and Cliff Thorburn. So many years. And so much scalp hair. I'm thoroughly jealous.
                    "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Superb so far from Parrott, just shows you that these guys were so much better than people gave them credit for during the 80's and 90's. Parrott, like Davis would stil be a major player in the game if they were in todays era. Might not have had the same success but they would still have won titles in my opinion.

Comment

After seeing Parrott play like that, I don't think Williams is that much favourite to win it.

Comment

44?! Joe Johnson looks the younger out of the two! I can see now while watching Joe why we often hear him licking his lips during commentary. Its just a habit he has. Playing well here.
                          Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

Strange scheduling by Sky for both these tournaments , holding them on a weekday and during the day .

Surely they could have made them all evening matches ?
                            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                              Strange scheduling by Sky for both these tournaments , holding them on a weekday and during the day .

Surely they could have made them all evening matches ?
                              After that last match, no!

Comment

Maybe its ok for this tournament but why have they moved the Shootout to weekdays? That is daft. Luckily I work from home so I can see it.
                                Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

Working...
                                X