No announcement yet.

The World Grand Prix Mar 16-22, 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first black from Dale in frame 4 looked very strange to me. Did anyone notice?
    #Age: 22 HB#: 82 #Cue: Mike Wooldridge Vintage Cue # Tip: Mike Wooldridge BlackSpin #Best performance in tournament: Semi-final in an "open to all" Swedish tournament 2015, Swedish U16 tournament champion October 2007 #Current rank in Sweden: 15

Comment

• Poor Dale is playing dreadful. I have been there and
      its not pleasant at all when nothing goes right.
      Milkens leads White 3-2.

I did notice a black played slow that looked like a miss
      and then it curved enuff to go in the pocket. Odd.
      Last edited by robertmac; 17 March 2015, 10:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Viktortheman View Post
        The first black from Dale in frame 4 looked very strange to me. Did anyone notice?
        What do you mean "looked strange"?

Are you suggesting he missed on purpose or got a kick or what?
        My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
        I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

• Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
          What do you mean "looked strange"?

Are you suggesting he missed on purpose or got a kick or what?
          No I mean the ball was clearly heading towards the cushion at first but then changed direction and went in. Sorry for the bit unclear question https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n40Z7Az1plE you can watch it here at 48:40
          #Age: 22 HB#: 82 #Cue: Mike Wooldridge Vintage Cue # Tip: Mike Wooldridge BlackSpin #Best performance in tournament: Semi-final in an "open to all" Swedish tournament 2015, Swedish U16 tournament champion October 2007 #Current rank in Sweden: 15

Comment

• An enjoyable day of snooker yesterday. I loved the big break Ebdon made in the decider against Murphy, but Dott's little break with something like four reds left was perhaps even better. :smile:

I left myself the Trump match for this morning, and enjoyed it as well. Trump played superbly for the most part, although it has to be said he wasn't put under any pressure.

All eight matches in the 2nd round look pretty interesting, so I know it was tough to pick the TV tables, but I was hoping to see Walden-Williams and Maguire-Ebdon. Still, it should be another good day. :smile:

Comment

• Enjoying this event - does anyone care to add Mark Williams Pink to the end of this?

Comment

• Come on Mark! Just two more frames

Comment

• A decider. Come on Robertson.

Comment

• Indeed...come on Mark!

Comment

• Pretty awkward table...interesting to see how they wade their way through this...

Comment

• I wish Clive would move his mic away when asking questions to someone off microphone!

Comment

• Good match and well done Mark

Comment

• That match (Robbo vs Davis) was intense...what a black he potted considering the pressure!

Comment

• What a dramatic finish!

Comment

• Great stuff, one of the best frames of the season so far. :smile:

82 minutes, the longest televised frame in snooker history. I watched the entire 77 minutes of the previous record, Selby against Fu in the 2007 UK Championship, which was probably higher quality, but today was certainly more dramatic. One thing though... How many players would have avoided playing position from pink to black like Robertson did? I'm still amazed he left himself a safety on the final black, and with distance between the balls as well. He was almost guaranteed to have an easier pot than the one Davis knocked in in the end. :wink:

Comment

Working...
                                X