No announcement yet.

The World Grand Prix Mar 16-22, 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't been able to watch any of the snooker yesterday, but I plan on watching a lot today...many great matches of which 2 stand out for me :

Murphy - Ebdon
    Higgins - Dott

A real 'blast from the past!'

And Dale has a matchup against Trump once again...is it just me or do these two meet eachother rather often?

Comment

Originally Posted by daffie View Post
      Haven't been able to watch any of the snooker yesterday, but I plan on watching a lot today...many great matches of which 2 stand out for me :

Murphy - Ebdon
      Higgins - Dott

A real 'blast from the past!'

And Dale has a matchup against Trump once again...is it just me or do these two meet eachother rather often?
      A couple of times a season, of late - I think because Dale has had something of a resurgence while Trump has sort of yo-yoed.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        just like Ebdon, he used to be quick around the table, won a WSC; then started over thinking their game as things go wrong and they slow down....

I've always thought Ebdon looked so much better when he played quicker, he's good to watch when the frames won and he speeds up.
        After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

Originally Posted by scottley View Post
          I've always thought Ebdon looked so much better when he played quicker, he's good to watch when the frames won and he speeds up.
          Can't agree completely, that is...I always liked his meticulous approach to the game, but not a fan of the over-extensive slow-play at times. Still like to watch him as a snookerplayer...

Comment

Well perhaps a happy medium then? i always think back to when Ronnie was asking for the time when Ebbo made that 12 break when i think of Peter for some reason.
            After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
              I was hoping for a Lawler v Selby final. Shame really.
              That would be a classic :snooker:
              John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by scottley View Post
                Well perhaps a happy medium then? i always think back to when Ronnie was asking for the time when Ebbo made that 12 break when i think of Peter for some reason.
                Yup. And of course there has been some friction shall we say between ROS and Ebdon in the past. I think their respective styles of play were so radically opposite that a confrontation was rather inevitable Truth be told those weren't ROS' best years neither. I think nowadays he would have handled Ebdon (or any slow playing opponent) totally differently...with a healthy mindset and solid attacking gameplan.

Comment

Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                  Truth be told those weren't ROS' best years neither.
                  I actually think they were. He won 4 out of 9 events that season (4 out of 8 he played in) and probably played the best snooker of his career. He only lost four matches, two of those against a superb Maguire, one whitewash against Dott in Malta, and that infamous match against Ebdon in the World Championship.

I know what you're saying, he is much less likely to have a meltdown like that these days, but overall I still think he was a better player in 2004 than at any point since. :smile:

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                    I actually think they were. He won 4 out of 9 events that season (4 out of 8 he played in) and probably played the best snooker of his career. He only lost four matches, two of those against a superb Maguire, one whitewash against Dott in Malta, and that infamous match against Ebdon in the World Championship.

I know what you're saying, he is much less likely to have a meltdown like that these days, but overall I still think he was a better player in 2004 than at any point since. :smile:
                    Yep I especially meant the last part...ROS' shall we say 'mentally less-stable' years...and he was prone to let himself down or get frustrated by things he later learned how to block out. I agree he was at his snooker-best (naturally-gifted) in those years, but having said that at the same time I do think he has grown so much (mentally, patience-wise, and his all-round game) especially these last few years. He is a much more complete player now imo.

Comment

Come on Murphy. Lets see your attack game.

Hopefully some excellent snooker.

Comment

I'm already enjoying this thoroughly. Nothing wrong with everyone having to qualify these days, but events like this just have that bit more thrill... could have done with BO11 early rounds, of course^^
                        "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Hell World Snooker has no picture. What a mess.

Comment

Right...I'm outta here...taping the matches and watching later after I get back from work....yes, I am 'doing a daffie'

Enjoy guys!

Comment

Which match is on TV this evening of the first two? (Williams or Higgins)

Comment

The World Grand Prix Mar 16-22, 2015

Just turned on TV. Is ebdon using a wooldridge with blackspin ferrule?

Comment

Working...
                                X