X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah but look at the guys arms and legs seen more meat on a butchers pencil

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
      yeah but look at the guys arms and legs seen more meat on a butchers pencil
      I think you're confusing "meat" with fat.

-
      The fast and the furious,
      The slow and labourious,
      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        no, the balls are Aramith Tournament Champions in a 1g range set, where a normal TC set are 3g range.
        What they tried during last season was to use a cleaner on the balls before each match to try to reduce the chances of kicks, varying results. What the cleaner was, not sure but it could be the usual Aramith ball cleaner just used more often?
        Oh I didnt know Aramith did the TC's in a 1g range.
        Yes I recall seeing a vid of I think it was Yan Verhaas applying some polish.
        Murphy did some research on it too.

Comment

Show me a committed vegan who looks healthy Pat? - look at the state of Robertson and Peter Ebdon compared to what they did look like - they both look drawn and gaunt and their clothes hang off them, skin and bones - they might feel healthy but they don't look it to me - can you really get all the nutrition eating like they do?

We where born with teeth for a reason - or we would just have gums to suck grapes and dairy is good for healthy bones, our bodies need the protein and calcium it provides. Sorry I might be completely wrong but just my opinion - people like Peter Ebdon are drawn to things like this - he loves all that conspiracy fear factor stuff and nonsense - so no surprise to me he has bought into this fear factor stuff associated with promoting becoming a vegan.

I think its a dangerous thing to promote personally and I hope Robertson reads this and brushes it aside like a trial diet or something because I like the bloke but I don't think this vegan thing is doing him or Peter any good at all.

http://authoritynutrition.com/top-5-...terrible-idea/
          Last edited by Byrom; 19 September 2015, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Wakey, Wakey.

Hands off snakey.

Comment

That's a decent start

Comment

Bingham must be kicking himself snookering himself on the red he needed to go 3-2 up, just as i write Judd misses a sitter lol.
                After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

Great clearance on the colours there, great yellow and green in particular!
                  After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
                    Oh I didnt know Aramith did the TC's in a 1g range.
                    Yes I recall seeing a vid of I think it was Yan Verhaas applying some polish.
                    Murphy did some research on it too.
                    Aramith TCs either in a 1g set or 3g set are the same balls but that they have been sorted after manufacture into the weight ranges.
                    The 1g placed in the ali case, the 3g into the cardboard box - they are still the same balls, same material, same manufacturing process, same work-line.
                    Yeap, seen that Jan ver Haas video as well, that is why I think it was the usual Aramith cleaner because of the bottle on the rail looked the same as the Cleaner
                    Murphy's website had a long piece on kicks (don't think I ever read to end of it...)
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I think Dean - the reason you see them in a box on TV and the reason some people confuse them for TC's is because they come that way to world snooker now - these are 1g's they are using not TC.

I think the handles and hinges on the old 1G boxes kept breaking - They where a bit rubbish - so they just put them in the boxes instead for world snooker - if you looked closely on the tournament champion looking box - you would see a big round sticker on the box that says 1G.
                      Last edited by Byrom; 19 September 2015, 12:29 PM.

Comment

I think that is wrong Dean - the reason you see them in a box on TV and confuse them for TC's is because they come that way to world snooker now - these are 1g's they are using not TC.

I think the handles and hinges on the old 1G boxes kept breaking - They where a bit rubbish - so they just put them in the boxes instead for world snooker - if you looked closely on the tournament champion looking box - you would see a big round sticker on the box that says 1G.
                        sorry Byrom, the 1g set are Aramith TCs, in a weak ali cases yes; except a season or two ago, Aramith supplied them to WS in cardboard boxes with a sticker on the outside, as Aramith had run out of the ali cases
                        Yes World Snooker are supplied with 1g sets for the events, but they are still Aramith TC balls.
                        maybe they have stopped the ali cases to WS as they can sell the ali cases sets to Joe Public for an extortionate price, WS can be stuffed with cardboard boxes

regardless of the packaging - they are all Aramith TCs - 1g or 3g sets - they use the same material, the same manufacturing process, just sorted at the end by weight and placed with others to create a range across the set.

Comment

They are slightly different colour and slightly different weight too so no not the same manufacture entirely Dean - they made to a more exacting standard.

Comment

on the Aramith site they themselves call them TCs, and only difference is the weight tolerance across a set:
                            "The main characteristic of this set is the maximum weight tolerance allowed : while the maximum weight difference between balls in a regular Aramith Tournament Champion snooker set (or a Super Crystalate snooker set) is 3 grams (official specifications), the maximum weight tolerance of our special W.S.A. set is only 1 gram."

so we agree to disagree

Comment

Yeah no problem I have owned various sets of both - so just drawing a comparison from what I see. It says the main characteristic - but its not the only difference Dean so I think that is a slightly wrong quote they use.

It would be good if there was another ball manufacturer - Aramith don't have any competition.

Comment

Yeah no problem I have owned various sets of both - so just drawing a comparison from what I see. It says the main characteristic - but its not the only difference Dean so I think that is a slightly wrong quote they use.

It would be good if there was another ball manufacturer - Aramith don't have any competition.
                                yep, since Aramith bought ought BCE and others they do seem to have a monopoly, who makes the American pool balls?
                                Brunswick still going?

Comment

Working...
                                X