No announcement yet.

International Championship Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well he's the European Amateur Snooker Champion after all , very good player and nice person.

Comment

About these games held over - I can see why they do it to appease sponsors but is it fair that a non Chinese qualifier now has to go all the way to China to face a home crowd favourite from China?

Thinking of the cost I hope these players get extra - would not like to see them go all that way and get beat earning nothing and this goes for both players. It seems this is not quite sticking to the flat draw format for all - surely all qualifying matches should have been played in Barnsley and not quite fair to do it this way really - dunno really but what do you think??

Comment

My point of view , you stick to what you say . You can't chop and change the rules as the Champion or peoples favourite might not get into the TV stages .

That was what Barry Hearn said at the beginning when he changed the format .....you need to earn the right , no more silver spoons for the top 16 .

Makes a mockery of it in my opinion .
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

what herr hearn says and what he does depends which way the cashometer swings

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
            About these games held over - I can see why they do it to appease sponsors but is it fair that a non Chinese qualifier now has to go all the way to China to face a home crowd favourite from China?
            As opposed to a Chinese player having to play an English player in England, in what is supposed to be his home event? And if you think having to travel to a foreign country to play in an event is unfair, how about having to move to a foreign country to have a career in the first place? Because that's exactly what all the Chinese players (among others) have to do...

For the record, I think it should be official policy for every non-British player to have their matches held over, if the venue stage of an event is being played in their home country.

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
              As opposed to a Chinese player having to play an English player in England, in what is supposed to be his home event? And if you think having to travel to a foreign country to play in an event is unfair, how about having to move to a foreign country to have a career in the first place? Because that's exactly what all the Chinese players (among others) have to do...

For the record, I think it should be official policy for every non-British player to have their matches held over, if the venue stage of an event is being played in their home country.
              Well I must disagree with you again. In an ideal world qualifiers would be played at the venues but most players are based here and they have the faculties here and world snooker is run from here.

I agree with Neil really and what I am saying if every other qualifier was done in Barnsley why does every player not have to qualify under the same conditions?
              Last edited by Byrom; 6 October 2015, 04:12 PM.

Comment

I think it's understandable to have central qualifying, when you're dealing with a limited pool of players, and a small number of tournaments. It becomes a bit more silly with an almost full calendar. You qualify in the Uk for tournaments all over the world, during a narrow period of time. Doesn't make sense. At least final qualifying should take place in the run up to the tournament itself, at the tournament venue, to take account of both the location and also current player form.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post

Thinking of the cost I hope these players get extra - would not like to see them go all that way and get beat earning nothing and this goes for both players. It seems this is not quite sticking to the flat draw format for all - surely all qualifying matches should have been played in Barnsley and not quite fair to do it this way really - dunno really but what do you think??
                  I shake my head in disbelief at some of the posts on here sometimes. So in essence, you're outraged that an English player (for example) has to play a Chinese player, in a Chinese event, in China? Seriously?

Comment

I played last weekend in a welsh qualifier and was speaking to a young lad called Alex Taubman, very good player, he mentioned that he had drawn Lien Wenbo in the qualifier and was playing in China! said he was getting 2 grand for it.

Comment

yep held over qualifiers to China WS give them 2k for expenses, do they do the same for a Chinese player coming over to UK? no

Seen Alex before, certainly hope he makes inroads to the tour
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

As opposed to a Chinese player having to play an English player in England, in what is supposed to be his home event? And if you think having to travel to a foreign country to play in an event is unfair, how about having to move to a foreign country to have a career in the first place? Because that's exactly what all the Chinese player's (among others) have to do...

This is exactly the reason that so many players in diff countries with ability to play as a pro, have no chance to do that .
                        in other words, just cus someone is not a pro, that does'nt means he's a bad player or does'nt have the necessary talent an skills to play as a pro !!
                        Unfortunately, it's all about the money and haveing connections .

Off the topic guys ( sorry about that ).

Comment

Why did you insert an apostrophe in the word "players" in the above quote? It's not in the original text...

Sorry for taking it even more off topic, but this is just so bizarre that I had to ask. :smile:

Comment

Good question !!
                            It's happened by accident ( sorry about that ).
                            I did'nt want to mess with your mind neither hurt your feelings .

Comment

Why did you insert an apostrophe in the word "players" in the above quote? It's not in the original text...

Sorry for taking it even more off topic, but this is just so bizarre that I had to ask. :smile:
                              Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
                              Good question !!
                              It's happened by accident ( sorry about that ).
                              I did'nt want to mess with your mind neither hurt your feelings .
                              lucky it was not exclamation marks! !!!

:biggrin:
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                                lucky it was not exclamation marks! !!!

:biggrin:
                                I'm gonna keep that for one of ur Posts my friend , No worry !!

Comment

Working...
                                X