Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Masters 2016 10-17 January

a very enjoyable day of snooker all round
    now watching YouTube of Robbo/Trump with a friend who missed it - me sad snooker geek
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• An all English semi in a repeat of the 2015 Crucible,replace Murphy for O'Sullivan,can't think thats happened to often.

Comment

• Amazing stuff from both players but Judd is really looking mature here and in top form, 4 centuries in 6 frames and very close comeback from Neil. What a great match. Ronnie really has his work cut out for him against Judd though for some reason players never seem to play as good against Ronnie even when they destroy the previous opponents in top form. lol I'm assuming Ronnies gonna wipe the floor with Bingham and Judd with Hawkins ofcourse*
        Last edited by OmaMiesta; 15 January 2016, 11:22 PM.

Comment

• Did anyone read that tweet they put in the captions during the Bingham Higgins match from someone called Brendon.

'this is a real gentlemans match instead of the earlier mayhem of Judd and Ronnie's clearance'

Sounds like he's sipping Pimm's on the Cutty Sark

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
            as he says himself hes been droping in and out of form due to his concentration and overall atattude. look at him today, from the flare stuff in frame one to shaking on every shot in the last frame.
            hes still finding his own recipe of play. i can see things clicking for judd in his 30s interms of being a solid winner
            Good call regards it kicking off in his 30's.

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
              Well, I got the score right at least.

-
              Nice one Pat, I completely fluffed my score predictions haha

Okay lets play the prediction game again.

I'm having Judd to win 6-3 and Ronnie to win 6-4.

Comment

• Anything but a Bingham-Hawkins final I'll be happy - I dn't think that pairing would make for ann exciting final - probably a nervy, error-strewn one, so I'd rather not pay nearly 100 quid to see it.

Comment

• Congratulations to Trump on an excellent win and thanks to Neil Robertson too for taking it all the way.

I still think it's amazing how Trump has under-achieved and he's almost 27. Look at how many ranking titles, World Championships and Master's titles Hendry, Ronnie, John Higgins and Mark Williams had at the same age.

Maybe it's buying all those designer handbags and shoes for his girlfriend recently that Judd has a newfound motivation and focus £££££

On another note, thought his quote after the match was interesting "If ever I am the underdog I seem to play well, and whenever I am the favourite I put too much pressure on myself."
                  Favourite players: Kirk Stevens, Stephen Hendry, John Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Ding Junhui

Comment

• Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
                    Amazing stuff from both players but Judd is really looking mature here and in top form, 4 centuries in 6 frames and very close comeback from Neil. What a great match. Ronnie really has his work cut out for him against Judd though for some reason players never seem to play as good against Ronnie even when they destroy the previous opponents in top form. lol I'm assuming Ronnies gonna wipe the floor with Bingham and Judd with Hawkins ofcourse*
                    Amazing indeed . Top match to watch .
                    I'm not so sure about ROS vs SB , to be honest .
                    Anyway , does'nt matter to me cuz my money was on JH . unfortunately I was wrong .
                    I lost 20 mark lol . Realy disappointed .

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ronnington View Post
                      Congratulations to Trump on an excellent win and thanks to Neil Robertson too for taking it all the way.

I still think it's amazing how Trump has under-achieved and he's almost 27. Look at how many ranking titles, World Championships and Master's titles Hendry, Ronnie, John Higgins and Mark Williams had at the same age.

Maybe it's buying all those designer handbags and shoes for his girlfriend recently that Judd has a newfound motivation and focus £££££

On another note, thought his quote after the match was interesting "If ever I am the underdog I seem to play well, and whenever I am the favourite I put too much pressure on myself."
                      Good point .
                      JT is Not as consistent as S Hendry was .
                      He's a great player But no way to comper his consistentcy with S Hendry , imo .

Comment

• Trump played well yesterday.

Comment

• I'm probably the only one in the world, but I am hoping for a Hawkins vs Bingham final.

Comment

• Wash your mouth out

Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                              It's his age, it happened with Davis it happened with Hendry, get to around a forty/fifty break then that unforced error , either in position or an unexplained missed pot. Ronnie is just about holding it together maybe because he's fitter, but I give him one maybe two seasons max.
                              That doesn't explain Bingo winning the worlds at 40. It doesn't explain Ronnie hitting maxis at 39. Davis and Hendry got found out. The standard now and the practice is immense. Judd has been training hard, look at the difference. The truth is these fading guys ain't putting in the hours and building the confidence. Maybe they're on the job with beach dollies?

And Ronnie is the worst culprit, lazy so and so, ok, maybe it's motivation. Yeah, maybe a lot of pros have been there, done that, the hunger isn't there anymore. And maybe the body has creaked too much down the years and the brain is frazzled from the burnout of two decades of top level snooker? That's a reason the class of 92 may be on the decline at the same age Bingo is on the up, because Bingo ain't no fitness freak. Perhaps he's less war weary.
                              Last edited by barrywhite; 16 January 2016, 09:37 AM.

Comment

• I've had me fried egg, two slices of toast, half a litre of milk and a cup of coffee for me brekky.

Now where's the SNOOKER!

C'mon TSFers, this is a Saturday that's gonna rock! Unfortunately, I'm gonna probably miss the best match this afternoon due to practice but I'll have the phone with me to read your views. So keep me updated on scores please.

Barry Hawkins (Eng) v Judd Trump (Eng) - 13:00 GMT

BBC One, 13:00-16:30 & BBC Two, 16:30-17:30 (Uninterrupted online from 13:00-17:30)

Ronnie O'Sullivan (Eng) v Stuart Bingham (Eng)- 19:00 GMT

BBC Two, 19:00-22:30

*An all English Semi finals.

And did those feet in ancient time
                                Walk upon Englands mountains green:
                                And was the holy Lamb of God,
                                On Englands pleasant pastures seen!

And did the Countenance Divine,
                                Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
                                And was Jerusalem builded here,
                                Among these dark Satanic Mills?

Bring me my Bow of burning gold:
                                Bring me my arrows of desire:
                                Bring me my Spear: O clouds unfold!
                                Bring me my Chariot of fire!

I will not cease from Mental Fight,
                                Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand:
                                Till we have built Jerusalem,
                                In Englands green & pleasant Land.
                                Last edited by barrywhite; 16 January 2016, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X