Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinion on Ronnie declining the 147?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • This is true. However the romantic in me likes to believe he would have, because he is an amazing talent!
    "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
    National Snooker Expo
    25-27 October 2019
    http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

    Comment


    • Originally posted by luke-h View Post
      he could have easily played on the black, you saw the naughty little boy inside him smiling from about 40 points in, he knew what he was going to do and done it.
      Spot on. He was asking and joking with the ref about the 'cheapness' of the maxi prize and the commentators twigged as well. Everyone saw it coming, like a bus. Well, some of us twigged! lol Only Jan Ver Haas managed to persaude him to pot the black on his 'called' maxi when he began asking Jan what the prize for a maxi was after the first black. If Jan hadn't said c'mon on now Ronnie while literally grabbing him and guiding him to the table, he would have left the black on 140 after he shaked Mark King's hand. He often brags about doing this in practice and in front of Hendry. He prefers it to a maxi, so it was no surprise that he came up with a cheakier way of leaving one whilst also completing a TC. He was pleased as punch afterwards with it, saying 146s were rare. I bet he'd had this plan in his head for some time. Ronnie can be very devious when he wants and very naughty!
      Last edited by focus; 1st March 2016, 09:04 PM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by luke-h View Post
        he could have easily played on the black, you saw the naughty little boy inside him smiling from about 40 points in, he knew what he was going to do and done it.
        I reckon he was toying with something else - how About a double of the final black? How cool would that have been? I've also noticed ronnie is keen on trying to scratch on the final black - would have been ace to have made a maxi and scratched too.

        [Yeah, scratched. Bite me].

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
          I reckon he was toying with something else - how About a double of the final black? How cool would that have been? I've also noticed ronnie is keen on trying to scratch on the final black - would have been ace to have made a maxi and scratched too.

          [Yeah, scratched. Bite me].
          Are you aware of snooker rules? It wouldn't have been a maxi you dipstick. No idea have you?

          Comment


          • Only one man truly knows and here's what he said:

            Last edited by focus; 1st March 2016, 08:37 PM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by focus View Post
              Are you aware of snooker rules? It wouldn't have been a maxi you dipstick. No idea have you?
              Lol. Whooosh or swing and a miss? - poor either way. Frankly, I'm beginning to think your tropical paradise vacation has left you a bit flabby.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                Lol. Whooosh or swing and a miss? - poor either way. Frankly, I'm beginning to think your tropical paradise vacation has left you a bit flabby.
                You should go there, learn the rules of the game then come back. A 'vacation' might do you some good pool player.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by focus View Post
                  You should go there, learn the rules of the game then come back. A 'vacation' might do you some good pool player.
                  I'm waiting for spring break.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X