• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• daffie
    replied
    Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    I don't think you quite grasp the importance of ROS still playing the game
    Any reply content-wise will end in a merry-go-round I'm afraid, so I will politely decline to respond.

Safe to say ROS is on a mission against Tian...3-0 up now.

Leave a comment:

• Leo
    replied
    Originally Posted by daffie View Post
    G*ddammit...I have been saying this already, regarding Barry Hearn saying ROS is the special one and almost bigger than snooker.

Then of course this is the result of all this utter nonsense...it is a crying shame, that's what it is.

How FFS is this any good for 'the sport' ???!!!!!!!

I will be so glad when ROS finally does (really) hang up his spurs for good...good riddance I say.

I don't think you quite grasp the importance of ROS still playing the game

Leave a comment:

• scottley
    replied
    If he gets one now he will be 51k better off so you'd have to say it was a good decision playing for a 146.

Leave a comment:

• mikeyd100
    replied
    Originally Posted by tomperty View Post
    If I was sat in the crowd I would have had mixed emotions. I would have loved to have seen a 147 but at the same time I find it hilarious that he turned it down. I've never personally seen a 146 or seen someone turn down a maximum so I'm glad this has happened. It's gotten just the response he's intended for it - I bet views on the snooker have doubled today!
    Pretty much same as mine, the audacity to turn it down was amazing but in the same token to see a max would be so cool too.
    Yep its all going a bit crazy isnt it - one thing for sure is it's publicity

Leave a comment:

• tomperty
    replied
    Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
    Exactly mate, its woken everybody up, got people talking, comments flying everywhere etc.
    Its like a love / hate divide lol.
    How about yourself - did you approve of his 146 or do you think he should have made the max ?
    If I was sat in the crowd I would have had mixed emotions. I would have loved to have seen a 147 but at the same time I find it hilarious that he turned it down. I've never personally seen a 146 or seen someone turn down a maximum so I'm glad this has happened. It's gotten just the response he's intended for it - I bet views on the snooker have doubled today!

Leave a comment:

• daffie
    replied
    G*ddammit...I have been saying this already, regarding Barry Hearn saying ROS is the special one and almost bigger than snooker.

Then of course this is the result of all this utter nonsense...it is a crying shame, that's what it is.

How FFS is this any good for 'the sport' ???!!!!!!!

I will be so glad when ROS finally does (really) hang up his spurs for good...good riddance I say.

Last edited by daffie; 16 February 2016, 03:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mikeyd100
    replied
    Originally Posted by scottley View Post
    Just read on Twitter that Paddy Power have put up £61,000 if Ronnie can hit a maximum at this years Welsh Open, wouldn't it be just like him to get one now.
    Its doing the rounds now : http://www.independent.ie/sport/othe...-34458280.html

Wow if thats true, how must the other players feel if they arent included.

Good PR stunt though by Paddy Power - clever marketing

Leave a comment:

• pottr
    replied
    That's a pathetic gesture if it's just for him.

If you're daring him to make one, there needs to be a consequence for him if he doesn't.

Like paddy power making a 100k bet with him on whether or not he could make one at the worlds.

Then we'd see how big Ronnie's nuts are.

Leave a comment:

• scottley
    replied
    Ronnie will donate 11k to a charity of Paddy Powers choice and keep a cool 50k for himself should he get one.

Leave a comment:

• scottley
    replied
    Originally Posted by pottr View Post
    Is that just for Ronnie or for anyone who hits one?

That was the first thing i thought, as far as i can gather its just Ronnie, hardly fair.

Leave a comment:

• pottr
    replied
    Is that just for Ronnie or for anyone who hits one?

Leave a comment:

• scottley
    replied
    Just read on Twitter that Paddy Power have put up £61,000 if Ronnie can hit a maximum at this years Welsh Open, wouldn't it be just like him to get one now.

Leave a comment:

• Hello, Mr Big Shot
    replied
    Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
    People keep mentioning this on Snooker Forums. I can't watch that link at work.

What did he do, pass it to a different player to score? Why do he do it? Was it based on a bonus the scorer of the penalty gets?

I know I'm being daft, I just wonder why it's comparable to this.
    It was a different clip, one where messi scores by curling it in from well behind the goal. It's pretty ****ing cool, actually. Point is, one genius gets paid squillions and another gets jack ****.

But since when has life ever been fair?

Leave a comment:

• daffie
    replied
    Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
    I hear ya mate, take it all with a pinch of salt and a rub of Masters chalk lol.
    Youbet...I always do

Trump is up next against McLeod...how's that for a clash of styles eh...

Leave a comment:

• SnookerFan
    replied
    Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    Suarez was on a hat trick
    So, just to clarify, Messi didn't come out afterwards and say he'd refused to put the ball in the net because there wasn't enough financial incentive for him to do so?

In that case, I don't see why people keep comparing the two.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X