Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• philmac74
    replied
    Always expect the unexpected with Ronnie and that's the reason he's the character he is (love him or hate him).

Anyway, what's to say he'd have made the 147 had he played for the black?...ok, I know it would have been very likely but something may have gone wrong (a few more nerves, a kick, an unexpected bounce) and if he had of failed there wouldn't have been a story whatsoever.

Leave a comment:

• mikeyd100
    replied
    Originally Posted by daffie View Post
    Oh I know. Point I was making is...how can the chairman of WPBSA make a statement like that? How can you come out and say one player is almost bigger than the entire sport? I mean, this strikes me as a completely disrespectful statement, especially in regards to all the other players.

But maybe it's just me...
    I hear ya mate, take it all with a pinch of salt and a rub of Masters chalk lol.

Leave a comment:

• mikeyd100
    replied
    Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
    Barry Hearn is an incredibly clever bloke, if he publicly slags Ronnie off the likelihood is he's pre warned Ronnie and it's a publicity stunt.
    Yes mate indeed, same for many walks of life, thats the world we live in.

Leave a comment:

• tomwalker147
    replied
    Originally Posted by The Maestro View Post
    He is a disgrace. If I'd had been in crowd I would have shouted some abuse at him and walked out, he's just a horrible little piece of gutter trash, a truly classless piece of work. Snookers in the pits that he can do what he wants, play when he wants and the games beholding to him, the time will come though when he's not around and he will be remembered for the disgrace he was to the game, talented yes but a disgrace to the game. Hendry buried him in 99 and 02 when past his best. You Ronnie loving clowns should remember that. As for Hearn, why he's condoning it for the free publicity I don't know, it's not as if anyone with a brain can't see through it. All you have to do is look at the posters for the Welsh Open, John Higgins is centre shot of all the pr stuff!!!!! Sums the state of the game up really!!!!!!! Going down the toilet, only China can save it now because snooker is finished in the uk. Just look at the snooker clubs and social clubs with tables that are closing down everywhere, the ones that are open are full of old boys, there's more money in darts and kids aren't playing the game anymore! In ten years it will be China or bust!!!!!
    That's a proper rant, agree with a lot of your points though. You'd of been within your rights to walk out, but calling somebody classless and then saying you'd give him a mouthful is a little contradictory.

Welsh open PR stuff-Higgins is defending champ, always going to be on the posters.
    Hendry beating Ronnie- No surprise, Hendry was a better winner than Ronnie, whether he had as much talent is a matter of opinion.
    State of the game- We will see, lots of clubs are closing, participation is lower. However in my opinion I don't see that bringing the standard of the UK's players down at all and this Chinese domination is overhyped.
    Last edited by tomwalker147; 16 February 2016, 12:26 PM. Reason: want to add something

Leave a comment:

• daffie
    replied
    Originally Posted by scottley View Post
    Barry Pinches will almost be as famous as Mick Price now
    Maybe yes...btw the same goes for Terry Griffiths and Bill Werbeniuk

Leave a comment:

• scottley
    replied
    Barry Pinches will almost be as famous as Mick Price now

Leave a comment:

• Leo
    replied
    Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
    People keep mentioning this on Snooker Forums. I can't watch that link at work.

What did he do, pass it to a different player to score? Why do he do it? Was it based on a bonus the scorer of the penalty gets?

I know I'm being daft, I just wonder why it's comparable to this.
    Suarez was on a hat trick

Leave a comment:

• The Maestro
    replied
    He is a disgrace. If I'd had been in crowd I would have shouted some abuse at him and walked out, he's just a horrible little piece of gutter trash, a truly classless piece of work. Snookers in the pits that he can do what he wants, play when he wants and the games beholding to him, the time will come though when he's not around and he will be remembered for the disgrace he was to the game, talented yes but a disgrace to the game. Hendry buried him in 99 and 02 when past his best. You Ronnie loving clowns should remember that. As for Hearn, why he's condoning it for the free publicity I don't know, it's not as if anyone with a brain can't see through it. All you have to do is look at the posters for the Welsh Open, John Higgins is centre shot of all the pr stuff!!!!! Sums the state of the game up really!!!!!!! Going down the toilet, only China can save it now because snooker is finished in the uk. Just look at the snooker clubs and social clubs with tables that are closing down everywhere, the ones that are open are full of old boys, there's more money in darts and kids aren't playing the game anymore! In ten years it will be China or bust!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• SnookerFan
    replied
    Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
    No wonder Ronnie is pissed off when he sees something like this. What's the difference?
    People keep mentioning this on Snooker Forums. I can't watch that link at work.

What did he do, pass it to a different player to score? Why do he do it? Was it based on a bonus the scorer of the penalty gets?

I know I'm being daft, I just wonder why it's comparable to this.

Leave a comment:

• daffie
    replied
    Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
    No wonder Ronnie is pissed off when he sees something like this. What's the difference?
    The difference is...Messi knows his angles

Leave a comment:

• daffie
    replied
    Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
    Don't underestimate Barry Hearn ... secretly he is rubbing his hands with glee, buzzing off the media attention it is all getting.
    Oh I know. Point I was making is...how can the chairman of WPBSA make a statement like that? How can you come out and say one player is almost bigger than the entire sport? I mean, this strikes me as a completely disrespectful statement, especially in regards to all the other players.

But maybe it's just me...

Leave a comment:

• tomwalker147
    replied
    Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
    Don't underestimate Barry Hearn ... secretly he is rubbing his hands with glee, buzzing off the media attention it is all getting.
    Barry Hearn is an incredibly clever bloke, if he publicly slags Ronnie off the likelihood is he's pre warned Ronnie and it's a publicity stunt.

Leave a comment:

• mikeyd100
    replied
    What about Barry Hearn then...

First he pubicly criticizes ROS on Twitter (which in my book was a good thing!).

Today he says ROS is 'almost bigger than snooker'. I can't believe a COB says things like this. It's like saying Messi is almost bigger than football.

I mean how can anyone justify saying things like this in respect to all the other snooker/football players...how disrespectful can you be/get.

Completely baffles me!

Leave a comment:

• Hello, Mr Big Shot
    replied
    Should take some lessons from Messi then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_onlHw8zcuU

Leave a comment:

• tomwalker147
    replied
    Originally Posted by pottr View Post
    Ronnie O Sullivan owes the fans or the paying public absolutely sweet FA!

He is at the top of the sport through his own work and determination.

The self righteousness that people display over things like this is exactly what's wrong with society. Everyone thinks they're entitled to something.

It's like people who say 'I have the right to an opinion' but what they really mean is 'you are obliged to listen to my opinion' it's nonsense!

ROS is a fantastic snooker player. But we all know he is a sub par ambassador for the game so who really cares what he does?

If you feel entitled to see a maximum then go and put the hours in on the table and make one for yourself. ROS owes the fans absolutely nothing.
    Barcelona fans were fuming when Messi passed his penalty to Suarez rather than scoring himself. All those paying fans who wanted to see Messi score his penalty were denied that right. Messi is an absolute idiot, how dare he do that.

This is sport, people. Where the unexpected happens. Sport is also a career to sports men and women, they can go about earning their wages in whichever way they see fit.

From Ronnie's perspective the amount of coverage/publicity he's received since turning down this 147 is probably equal or greater than what he'd of received had he made it. This publicity will certainly put bums on seats at his next exhibition where idiots are willing to shell out £500 a frame to play against him. The guy is paid 10k or there abouts to put on an exhibition, that's why 10k to make a max in a professional event really doesn't matter to him.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X