2016 Ladbrokes Players Championship Grand Finals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by the_unrepentant View Post
    Is anyone else getting a little sick of Phil Yates kissing Stephen Hendry's backside...
    I know what you mean. He should maybe stick to his stats.
    Last edited by Billy; 24 March 2016, 03:10 PM.
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
      Originally Posted by thommo335 View Post
      I was ready to appreciate some shots with a bit of hand bashing but seemed no-one else was that impressed. Little appreciation of frame balls either
      I said exactly the same yesterday - or words to the effect (affect?). As someone said in reply, things will hopefully pick up over the next few days.
      Hopefully it will. Maybe a combo of new venue, early rounds, lack of die hard snooker fans, poss just curious sports fans in general and mercifully the cmon ronnie crew aren't in!

Comment

Where's this Mike Dunn come from? I don't wish to sound rude, but I don't think I've ever seen a new face on a player who appears to be of such advancing years.
        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

I live in Manchester but the Trafford Centre (otherwise known as the Traffic Centre) is a horrendous location to get to if like me you work full time and rely on public transport. I'm going on Saturday afternoon as it's the only day I won't be in a rush and public transport will be ok. I hope the poor crowds doesn't mean this is the last tournament in Manchester, just hope next time they choose a better location in the city centre. Manchester Central (formally known as the GMex) would be perfect imo.

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
            Where's this Mike Dunn come from? I don't wish to sound rude, but I don't think I've ever seen a new face on a player who appears to be of such advancing years.
            You've never seen mike Dunn before?

Comment

Well done Ali Carter, another flatter to deceive tourney for Trump.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Well, trump turned out to be average hasn't he... Naughty snooker eh! Lol

Comment

Very easy to criticise Trump but you have to look at the game to understand there is little any player can do when someone like Carter produces top level safety.

If this was Higgins or Selby playing like Carter did today they would be raving over the safety. Judd very rarely had a chance in the balls other than the first frame and when he did get in he had zero luck. In a best of 7 luck plays a big part and today Judd had none and Carter took advantage.

Bigger picture is Trump, Ronnie and Robertson are gearing up for the world champs, the winner will come from that trio.

Comment

agree best of seven bit of a lottery, and remember d.taylor would have lost to davies hallet would have beaten hendry and higgins would have lost to davies so i would not read to much re the worlds unless a certain mr hearns waves his not so magic wand

Comment

Dunn 4 - 2 Day
                      I wonder who Foulds was talking about when he said Ryan Day is better than some players who've won ranking events ? Allen ? Gould ? M White ? Wilson ? Dale ?
                      I don't see it really,Day has lost 11 and 9 consecutive frames in recent years at the Crucible too,not good.

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post
                        You've never seen mike Dunn before?
                        Nope. I don't mean any disrespect, but he's a new one on me.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                          Very easy to criticise Trump but you have to look at the game to understand there is little any player can do when someone like Carter produces top level safety.

If this was Higgins or Selby playing like Carter did today they would be raving over the safety. Judd very rarely had a chance in the balls other than the first frame and when he did get in he had zero luck. In a best of 7 luck plays a big part and today Judd had none and Carter took advantage.

Bigger picture is Trump, Ronnie and Robertson are gearing up for the world champs, the winner will come from that trio.
                          I don't think Trump has much chance, I would put a few others ahead of him, the other two Robertson and Osullivan are definitely in the picture, just don't think Trump has it in him, I hope I'm wrong.
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Trouble is he's been praised and expected to be better than he is and or has been upnto now.

He thinks he should be top man but trouble is he doesn't have the all round game like some of the other lads. I was listening to him a few tourney's back saying he feels he can step up and dominate the game now he doesn't party as hard.

I don't think he can dominate, he may have a WC in him but he just expected to be better than the pack for so long now he isn't going to be the force he feels he should be. I guess that's what maybe happens when you think somhighly of your self and people massage you're ego for so long, maybe.., i dunno just my opinion... I'm rambling..

Comment

Watch out, Ben. You know what they say about milkmen

Comment

Oooh, Rob'll be licking his wounds for some time after this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X