Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Tommykiid View Post
    Probably just cause its early days with the turnout
    Yeah, 'spect so. Prob a little premature of me.

The incident with the pink not spotting was an odd one. Ref clearly at fault in my opinion, as he can't possibly have spotted it correctly on the blue the first time round.

For those who missed it, MW pots the pink, which was spotted on blue with its own spot covered with reds. Mark then pots red, blue. All spots occupied so blue goes as close to its own spot as rules dictate. Mark then pots red, pink - no other balls disturbed, and the ref then says it doesn't fit on the blue spot so nestles it in with the pack of reds nearest its own spot, thus tying it up.
    Last edited by Billy; 23 March 2016, 11:22 PM.
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
      Yeah, 'spect so. Prob a little premature of me.

The incident with the pink not spotting was an odd one. Ref clearly at fault in my opinion, as he can't possibly have spotted it correctly on the blue the first time round.
      Yeh he seems a bit off even the 3rd frame i saw him kinda run behind one of dales shots to get a better look but he was in mid swing

Comment

Held it together well there DD, nice win for him.
        Good wee insight into how he thinks during a match, nice interview.
        Last edited by itsnoteasy; 23 March 2016, 11:30 PM.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
          Held it together well there DD, nice win for him.
          Yeah, anyone else and I'd be whinging about MW going out of another tournie, but you just can't begrudge Dom a win, can you?
          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Yeah, anyone else and I'd be winging about MW going out of another tournie, but you just can't begrudge Dom a win, can you?
            Nah fair play to him looks delighted was fuming kyren didnt go through

Comment

Love the format of itv's coverage of last couple of tourney's .. It's refreshing to see, take heed the beeb...

Comment

The Cue View's Day 2 Round-up...

http://www.thecueview.com/2016-ladbr...-2-review.html

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post
                  Love the format of itv's coverage of last couple of tourney's .. It's refreshing to see, take heed the beeb...
                  Their coverage has come on leaps and bounds, but at the risk of inviting some BBC-bashing, there's just something extra special about the Beeb tournies.

Comment

Their coverage has come on leaps and bounds, but at the risk of inviting some BBC-bashing, there's just something extra special about the Beeb tournies.
                    I'm with you too on that.
                    At times BBC seems dated but its kinda like Snooker is at home on the BBC.

Comment

Yeh, no adverts... Lol

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post
                        Yeh, no adverts... Lol

I love that out of tune whistling/humming by the guy painting after every frame, but i prefer the Fray Bentos one at night time, they should be done for false advertising with that one, they actually look and sound quite nice and make a nice crispy sound when the guy cuts into it, but anyone who has ever had the misfortune of opening one will know its a nasty, slimy mess!
                        After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

It can seem old fashioned and a bit slow on the Beeb, but I like that, especially at the world championship, it feels just right.
                          I agree though ITV are good and in Neil Foulds they have a great anchor commentator to build around.
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I was ready to appreciate some shots with a bit of hand bashing but seemed no-one else was that impressed. Little appreciation of frame balls either

Comment

Originally Posted by thommo335 View Post
                              I was ready to appreciate some shots with a bit of hand bashing but seemed no-one else was that impressed. Little appreciation of frame balls either
                              I said exactly the same yesterday - or words to the effect (affect?). As someone said in reply, things will hopefully pick up over the next few days.

Comment

Is anyone else getting a little sick of Phil Yates kissing Stephen Hendry's backside every time they are commentating together? It was cringeworthy last night during the Ryan Day, Kyren Wilson match. I even think Hendry is embarrassed by it as he didn't even answer one of them when Yates was clearly looking for Hendry to respond.
                                Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

Working...
                                X