X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jonny66
    replied
    Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    I know I've mentioned this before, so apologies for repeating myself, but I just heard John Higgins clearly tell the ref to "Clean the White."

It's a real annoyance to me, is this. Refs aren't lackies at a player's beck and call, and a 'please' costs nothing.

Slightly anebriated rant over.
    I share this annoyance, and I can't spell enhibriated either. The ref's don't help though, they grab a rest for a player and hand it to them, them when they hand it back without saying anything the ref say's "thanks" WTF are you thanking him for? You just did him a favour, he should be thanking you.

I'm also slightly inebriated. < spellcheck got it.

Leave a comment:

• mikeyd100
    replied
    For arrow/chevron lovers out there have a scan at Noppon Saengkham's cue.
    Most perfect, sharp set of arrows I've ever seen.

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    I know I've mentioned this before, so apologies for repeating myself, but I just heard John Higgins clearly tell the ref to "Clean the White."

It's a real annoyance to me, is this. Refs aren't lackies at a player's beck and call, and a 'please' costs nothing.

Slightly anebriated rant over.

Leave a comment:

• motorhead
    replied
    can't wrap my head around King beating Carter and Murphy back to back in Bo9 format, it's just... absurd.

edit: I hadn't noticed Murphy had to play two matches today, no wonder he was shattered as I'm reading on twitter. don't get why this poor scheduling.
    Last edited by motorhead; 30 March 2016, 04:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Erwan_BZH
    replied
    I agree Cueman...It's fine to me to have tournaments everywhere on the planet but with three (?) now in China for the season, it's too much. Having more tournaments in Ireland, Scotland, mainland Europe but also in Canada would be better I think.

To get back to the China Open, huge win for Steve Maguire in his race to sneak into the Top 16. It is crazy to think that Ding Junhui may have to qualify for Sheffield.....or Maguire! Insane...

Leave a comment:

• Rane
    replied
    Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    The game is popular in China but mainly for the younger people who have more interest playing than watching I believe.

Also I've heard that a big problem in these events is the ticket prices are quite high compared to that of the UK and of course wages in China are a fraction of what they are here. I think that is why we see poor crowds, add into the fact that half the time the players simply can't be bothered with some of the events and when their big names like Ding and Wenbo go out and with no Ronnie, the only real name they care about left is Trump.

I think Barry is under pressure now to get more UK events on the calendar. The majority of players live here so it makes economic sense for all to just get more events here. China is not a market that is ever going to take off because as we can see the events are just not supported well enough.
    It seems like the pricemoney are allright in the big china tournaments, so I think it´s more about getting the ticketprices down to a level the fans can afford. If snooker´s going to survive as more than a clubsport in UK, it has to go worldwide with higher pricemoney by my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• cueman
    replied
    The game is popular in China but mainly for the younger people who have more interest playing than watching I believe.

Also I've heard that a big problem in these events is the ticket prices are quite high compared to that of the UK and of course wages in China are a fraction of what they are here. I think that is why we see poor crowds, add into the fact that half the time the players simply can't be bothered with some of the events and when their big names like Ding and Wenbo go out and with no Ronnie, the only real name they care about left is Trump.

I think Barry is under pressure now to get more UK events on the calendar. The majority of players live here so it makes economic sense for all to just get more events here. China is not a market that is ever going to take off because as we can see the events are just not supported well enough.

Leave a comment:

• cally
    replied
    It makes you wonder about the actual popularity they bang on about in China when you see empty arena's out there all the time, eh!

Leave a comment:

• RaveDave
    replied
    There is absolutely no one in the audience. Place is completely empty lol

Leave a comment:

• Odrl
    replied
    Originally Posted by Rane View Post
    Bingham must have been quite close to O´Sullivans record number of unanswered points. Anyone who remembers how many o`Sulllivan made ?

I think Bingham had 547 against Baird before missing a black. So he would have only needed a red and a colour to break the record, and he did get position. :smile:

Leave a comment:

• Rane
    replied
    Bingham must have been quite close to O´Sullivans record number of unanswered points. Anyone who remembers how many o`Sulllivan made ?

Leave a comment:

• mikeyd100
    replied
    Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
    What happenned to Stuart Carrington exactly ?

"Carrington withdrew due to illness" according to http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp?template=22

Leave a comment:

• Ramon
    replied
    Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    I enjoyed the snooker today, particularly Marco Fu's match, where he made three centuries and two more breaks over 60. He is hard to play against when he scores that well. :smile:

We've had an unusual number of surprises so far, Yuan Sijun beating Gould 5-0 being the biggest one. Yuan is the only Chinese player to progress to the last32 (Tian is still to play Hawkins in the last64), so I hope can give Dott a good game. :smile:
    he played very well indeed.
    maybe has sumthing to do with his new cue .

Leave a comment:

• Erwan_BZH
    replied
    don't know, Trump was given a walkover on Stuart but Stuart still made the trip according to earn, so was present on chinese soil.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
    What happenned to Stuart Carrington exactly ?
    what do you mean?
    missed a lot being at work
    ah I see, has has given a walk over

Leave a comment:

Working...
X