2016 World Championship discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
    Same - for me Selby is even luckier than Trump!
    The run seemed about equal in that match to me...

Comment

• Phenolic resin balls that kick all the time, needing super fine cloths and table heaters to take the resistance out of the cloth to make them work even half as well as they should; table heaters are the cause of these big bounces, heat does affect rubber making it more elastic, more elastic in some places rather than others as these heaters don't generate the heat evenly.

But switch off the heaters and the balls kick even more, the only solution is for World Snooker to find a better composition ball than phenolic resin, tell Aramith their sponsorship is no longer needed as their product is the problem.

Comment

• Pretty good match so far between Trump and Ding. Hoping Ding can prevail in the end, but at least I would hope for a close match all the way up until the very last frame.

That's not too much to ask for now is it

Comment

• Originally Posted by P.Smith View Post
          The run seemed about equal in that match to me...
          I agree, normally I see Selby as a very lucky player, but I think they both got away with murder quite a lot in this match.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
            Regardless of the disappointing result(nothing against Selby, but Baird plays the prettier snooker), Sam Baird's name can be added to the list that finally forms the new generation of talent: Kyren Wilson, Anthony McGill, Liang Wenbo and Sam Baird have all started making real progress in the last 18 months or so. I'm hoping Thepchaiya can break through onto the main stage too - he looks a serious talent. That's going to increase pressure on the older players but particularly the middle generation of Trump, Ding etc.

This was the first time I'd seen Baird and he plays a lovely game, so I'll be keeping an eye out in the future.
            Yes. It's about time that some new faces come along. With Thepchaiya I'm a bit skeptical if he is mentally fit enough. But it would be great to have another top player from another country than Great Britain again.
            We should also not forget about Luca Brecel, who is still pretty young.

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
              Regardless of the disappointing result(nothing against Selby, but Baird plays the prettier snooker), Sam Baird's name can be added to the list that finally forms the new generation of talent: Kyren Wilson, Anthony McGill, Liang Wenbo and Sam Baird have all started making real progress in the last 18 months or so. I'm hoping Thepchaiya can break through onto the main stage too - he looks a serious talent. That's going to increase pressure on the older players but particularly the middle generation of Trump, Ding etc.

This was the first time I'd seen Baird and he plays a lovely game, so I'll be keeping an eye out in the future.
              None of those mentioned will do much in the game IMO, just not good enough at the highest standards, obviously they are very good players, but not top six. I don't see any of them replacing the old guard, jeez, the generation above them are struggling to replace the old guard.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Nice 112 from Ding to go 4-2 ahead. He seems stronger than in the first round so far to me.
                His cueball control seems as good as in his best years.
                Last edited by JimMalone; 24 April 2016, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• Ding is definitely back to his best. Such a great breakbuilder when on form, if he maintains the level he has shown I can see him reaching the semi final. I think he will simply outscore Trump who doesn't have the cueball control and isn't scoring or winning frames in one visit which is what you need to do to win these matches.

Comment

• Gotta love Terry Griffiths. Just now he said: "All the balls are going right into the centre of the pocket, more or less". Ha!

Comment

• Yes the public relate to new faces at the Crucible but its harder to get there now than it was in the 80's and 90's,I don't see how you can get around that outside of compromising the fairness aspect.
                      Not sure if Luca Brecel long term is more than a 10 - 20th ranked type player though he's had a good season rankings wise.

Comment

• The podgy one in big BIG trouble!
                        Highest Match Break 39 (November 10th 2015)

Comment

• Originally Posted by armstm View Post
                          The podgy one in big BIG trouble!
                          Yes, Very bad day at the office for Allen, 7 - 0 now! Haven't been watching it myself, has Wilson been outstanding or has Allen been absent?

-
                          The fast and the furious,
                          The slow and labourious,
                          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Yeah, what happened to Allen?

Comment

• Can't believe Judd played the safety on the blue that way

On the other table. Well done Kyren. I hope you go on to win the match.

Originally Posted by faustus View Post
                              Yeah, what happened to Allen?
                              Smashed by a better player.

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                                Yes, Very bad day at the office for Allen, 7 - 0 now! Haven't been watching it myself, has Wilson been outstanding or has Allen been absent?
                                It's a struggle trying to watch two matches at once, so I can't tell you exactly, but every time I switched over Wilson seemed to be at the table making a break. So I reckon he must have played very well this morning. :smile:

Good lead for Ding as well, he got the maximum out of this session. The scoreline could have been a lot closer. :smile:

Comment

Working...
                                X