No announcement yet.

2016 World Championship discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL, nice to see Ronnie wringing out his washcloth onto the carpet.
    "Am too good not to win this tournament" - Stephen Hendry

Comment

• Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
      Interesting to note that a heated exchange occured on Twitter between Judd Trump and Dominic Dale at the mid-session interval, Trump not liking what the Spaceman said about his game.
      Now, as a coincidence, Trump lost the next four frames after the interval.....You have to wonder what the hell this guy is doing on his bloody phone twitting in the middle of a last 16 game in Sheffield. Maybe it's a generation thing but still...doesn't look very professional to me.
      That's because he just acts as if he was professional.

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
        A very good start from Barry...keep it up son!
        Just seen that it's 6-3 now ... things aren't looking bad!

Comment

• I'm a bit behind here, but what an unbelievable first frame that was in the Hawkins - ROS match!

More of the same please

:snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
            Yes judging by what Dale said I think it hit a nerve. Suggested that Trump's cueball control is not good enough and needs too many chances to win a frame. I agree and said so earlier, Trump relies way too much on his potting to get himself back into position. If the cueball is doing more mileage around the table, you are taking a risk with big bounces off the cushions.

Noticeably, the only player not to struggle much on this table so far is Ding, not a surprise when you see how tight his cueball control is.

As for Twitter and users of it, I really think they need to get a life. To waste so much time and get involved in petty arguments is just using up energy which can certainly affect your performance. His manager should take his phone off him and tell him he's wasting his bloody career. He's not single minded enough to win the world championship.
            Pretty spot on here Cueman. Fully agree with you.
            He's not mature enough for the time being. Where ROS has evolved through the years to become the complete package, Trump looks stuck with his sole offensive game. He can play good defense of course but not on a consistent basis...which is required to win big trophies.
            Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
              I'm a bit behind here, but what an unbelievable first frame that was in the Hawkins - ROS match!

More of the same please

:snooker:
              Yeah, and it's 7-4 now ....

Comment

• Originally Posted by scarfacechen
                Trump also twitted "4 frame start for Wenbo and now ding, Gotta give these players a chance."

Cocky much?
                Can't believe he said that. Too much.

Comment

• Trump also twitted "4 frame start for Wenbo and now ding, Gotta give these players a chance."

Cocky much?

I'd hope Ding can maintain his form and rammed them words down his throat

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ethanat View Post
                    Can't believe he said that. Too much.
                    His big problem is his grossly inflated ego.

Comment

• Sorry original post got deleted, wanted to edit

Comment

• Originally Posted by scarfacechen View Post
                        Trump also twitted "4 frame start for Wenbo and now ding, Gotta give these players a chance."

Cocky much?

I'd hope Ding can maintain his form and rammed them words down his throat
                        Yes, apparently they call it banter these days! Trouble is one mans banter is another mans arrogance. You wouldn't say half the things you post on social media to someone's face. However if that person reads what you have said then you have to accept the criticism that comes with it. Trump would do well to deactivate his twitter during events and let his cue do the talking.

Comment

• I have to agree with everyones comments on Trumps mid game twitter antics. Its highly unprofessional and as also mentioned above i think Dominics comments seem to have rang true. Snooker certainly has a psychological element, true with all sports to a greater or lesser degree but i would have to say it plays a pretty big part in snooker particularly in terms of a players consistency. It seems its probably abit more than coincidence that Trumps performance drops after Dominics (fair) comments at the break.

Comment

• Had to give up the tv to the kids, now have BGT on the tv and snooker on the ceiling, apparently it's important to have family time!
                            img20160424_160436.jpg
                            No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

• It appears Hawkins has just realised what he might be about to achieve and has started to poop his pants a bit.

Comment

• Originally Posted by culraven View Post
                                Had to give up the tv to the kids, now have BGT on the tv and snooker on the ceiling, apparently it's important to have family time!
                                [ATTACH]18371[/ATTACH]
                                now that is cool
                                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X