No announcement yet.

2016 World Championship discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think there's only Higgins at the moment that seems capable of winning it, hard for me to pick a favourite this year, suppose I would like to see Williams lift it more than most, but anyone but Selby will do for me, just something about the fella?
    No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

• Originally Posted by ghost121 View Post
      Ding was my pick way back, but not sure he is up to it even though I would like to see him win. Selby is out of sorts and looks more depressed than White did, and I don't think Ronnie looks too bothered so I doubt he will lift his game and win. All of which leaves Higgins, and I have a horrible feeling it's going to be one of those tournaments where all the favourites fall early or knock each other out leaving Higgins to demolish a lesser ranked player in the final with his B game. Worst result of all for me.
      Dott made the very valid point that anyone who has had to go through the qualifiers will be burned out by the finals. I think it is a huge ask for Ding to make it through another 3.5 matches.

I think only having 16 seeds is a shame for the guys that are ranked 17 - 32, although I can understand the argument that it gives the lower ranked guys a chance to get in to the event which they would otherwise be locked out of.

I've not been following snooker as closely these last couple of years and I was just looking at the rankings - can anyone tell me what happened to Jack Lisowski, he doesn't seem to have progressed much?

Comment

• 11-5 to JH would do me just fine thank you (10-6 seems more likely though)

What a careless mistake bij Walden...but then again, I have always found him to be a rather messy player...far too little focused it seems to me, missing easy balls too often, not thinking enough on the shot...careless player.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ghost121 View Post
          ...I don't think Ronnie looks too bothered so I doubt he will lift his game and win.
          From what I've seen of Ron v Baz Ronnie doesn't look at his best and yet he's had breaks of 139, 88, 103, 68, 118, 82 and 89. If he decides/manages to shift up a gear or two.....:hopelessness:

-
          The fast and the furious,
          The slow and labourious,
          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
            11-5 to JH would do me just fine thank you (10-6 seems more likely though)

What a careless mistake bij Walden...but then again, I have always found him to be a rather messy player...far too little focused it seems to me, missing easy balls too often, not thinking enough on the shot...careless player.
            I still find it amazing that Walden is a top ten player.

Comment

• Originally Posted by culraven View Post
              IPad died so treated myself to the Lenovo yoga pro 3, 10 inch tablet with an inbuilt 70" projector great sound quality aswell, really happy with it.
              I'm having one of them. What's the battery life like with the projector going?

-
              The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

-
                Battery life on those is usually quoted around 18 hours, so probably about 3 or 4 hours

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                  Battery life on those is usually quoted around 18 hours, so probably about 3 or 4 hours
                  Not bad at all. Thanks.

-
                  The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

-
                    Its pretty good, doesn't seem to drain the battery much more than the screen does on full brightness.
                    Doesn't work too well in bright light, but for an in built projector its bloody fantastic, great for winding up apple heads "look how shiny and beautiful my iPad is!" "Can it do this?" Very much a zip lob moment!

Comment

• Originally Posted by culraven View Post
                      ...great for winding up apple heads "look how shiny and beautiful my iPad is!" "Can it do this?" Very much a zip lob moment!
                      Even better!

-
                      The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Both matches on the BBC tonight, all we need now is for Virgo to have the night off and we'll have cracked it!

Comment

• He's a great commentator but I wish someone would have a quiet word and remind him this is snooker not boxing. It's even starting to feel like the other commentators are getting a bit fed up with Virgo yelling at every oportunity. It's a shame because his quality analysis is being overshadowed with his pantomime approach. I've noticed he seems a bit more absent minded recently so I hope it's not a condition he might be dealing with.
                          www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
                            He's a great commentator but I wish someone would have a quiet word and remind him this is snooker not boxing. It's even starting to feel like the other commentators are getting a bit fed up with Virgo yelling at every oportunity. It's a shame because his quality analysis is being overshadowed with his pantomime approach. I've noticed he seems a bit more absent minded recently so I hope it's not a condition he might be dealing with.
                            I don't think he's a well man, but can't be doing too bad to keep up with unscripted live commentary, knows his stuff just goes over the top and seems to find it hard to remain neutral with certain players. Thankfully I'm on the red button tonight with the dulcit tones of old Tel!
                            Allen has come to play, 7-3 now.
                            Last edited by culraven; 24 April 2016, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• Wilson is taking the P a bit with these comfort breaks isn't he? This is far too long surely? They only started 30 mins ago!

Comment

• [QUOTE=Cov86;886454]Wilson is taking the P a bit with these comfort breaks isn't he?/QUOTE]
                                Isn't that kind of the point of comfort breaks?

Comment

Working...
                                X