No announcement yet.

2016 World Championship discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustrating session for me....... I would like to watch both of these games which is a contrast to yesterday when I had zero interest in the Higgins or Selby game (apart from hoping Selby would lose).

Ding is on fire as well.

Comment

• What the hell are the BBC doing? Ding 4-2 up,behind in frame seven but in the balls & TV coverage ends.BBC 1 showing people dressed as fruit jogging round London.BBC 2 goes to a programme of talking heads discussing football.This might as well be on radio.Oh hang on - it is! BBC red button showing "elite" athletes running round London.No bananas.Brilliant - this race has finished,but instead of showing live snooker we get "Marathon Extra".I thought that was a large chocolate bar.Never mind - Ive found BBC iPlayer just in time to find out Ding has won frame seven.At least I can watch the final frame of the session.

Note to BBC - I pay a TELEVISION licence fee.Not a WATCHITONMY****INGLAPTOP licence.
      :snooker:

"You're not standing in my line of sight,but you are standing in my line of thought".

Comment

• Selby apparently hasn't played Kyren Wilson in anything more than a best of 7,that would be the pick of the quarters for me should Wilson get the remaining 6 frames frome here.

Comment

• Disappointing the two matches. Was hoping for both to be high quality close affairs and yet neither sparked into life and both with a very realistic chance of being over with a session to spare.

Allen once again flatters to deceive, looked good winning the players tour champs but consistency is his biggest problem. Throughout his career, whenever he has won an event he tends to struggle for the next few so I shouldn't be surprised by that scoreline.

As for Trump, I think he's another that gets too confident when he wins a tournament and for me I didn't rate his chances after winning in China because no player ever plays well two tournaments in a row.

This is turning out to be one of the most surprising world championships in history and despite a few big names left in, I really think that any player in the quarter final can win it this year, as all the match ups are very even on paper.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Tim65 View Post
            Note to BBC - I pay a TELEVISION licence fee.Not a WATCHITONMY****INGLAPTOP licence.
            The irony is, page one of the programme has Bazza thanking the BBc for its commitment to excellent TV coverage. It's about 5 years since they had any excellent TV coverage.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
              ...both with a very realistic chance of being over with a session to spare.
              It would be a big ask for Ding to win the second session 7-1. Trump has a habit of coming back whenever he goes behind at the Crucible, and Ding didn't really play well enough this morning to make me think he can just finish Trump off without any problem from here. :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                It's a struggle trying to watch two matches at once, so I can't tell you exactly, but every time I switched over Wilson seemed to be at the table making a break. So I reckon he must have played very well this morning. :smile:
                It's a horrible problem isn't it, too much snooker to watch. Yeah that's the impression I got as well, I'll have a quick flick through the session later on. Thanks.

-
                The fast and the furious,
                The slow and labourious,
                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Tim65 View Post
                  Yes, at times it's almost like they're catering for people who aren't interested in snooker, isn't it?
                  "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Interesting to note that a heated exchange occured on Twitter between Judd Trump and Dominic Dale at the mid-session interval, Trump not liking what the Spaceman said about his game.
                    Now, as a coincidence, Trump lost the next four frames after the interval.....You have to wonder what the hell this guy is doing on his bloody phone twitting in the middle of a last 16 game in Sheffield. Maybe it's a generation thing but still...doesn't look very professional to me.

Ding has been very poised once again. The more he plays, the more I am impressed with his mental. He's even smiling at the table! His work with Griffiths seems to pay! Not like allen who is more than in the cave....I was backing Wilson here but not to dominate that much! Can't see him missing reaching the quarters now.
                    Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

• Its getting more and more annoying trying to wach and enjoy snooker on the beeb..

It's the WC ffs and they still can't even dedicate that much time/effort to it. Interrupting for cr@p TV shows constant. Gets right on my nerves...

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                        Disappointing the two matches. Was hoping for both to be high quality close affairs and yet neither sparked into life and both with a very realistic chance of being over with a session to spare.

Allen once again flatters to deceive, looked good winning the players tour champs but consistency is his biggest problem. Throughout his career, whenever he has won an event he tends to struggle for the next few so I shouldn't be surprised by that scoreline.

As for Trump, I think he's another that gets too confident when he wins a tournament and for me I didn't rate his chances after winning in China because no player ever plays well two tournaments in a row.

This is turning out to be one of the most surprising world championships in history and despite a few big names left in, I really think that any player in the quarter final can win it this year, as all the match ups are very even on paper.
                        While it is disappointing they aren't close matches I don't think it is the losing guy's fault. Particularly in Allen's case as he hardly had a chance. The nature of snooker is that if one person is playing out of their mind and getting the run of the ball then their opponent is frozen out of the game. For me this is one of the reasons I find this obsession commentators have with big breaks and one visit snooker a bit odd. It is quite rare to get two guys both in that kind of form at the same time and I simply don't really enjoy watching one guy totally dominate the table. The frames with a couple of 40 breaks, some safety and a dramatic finish on the colours are usually far more entertaining.

Anyway, Allen or Trump could come out and play lights out during the next session and make a match of it yet.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
                          Interesting to note that a heated exchange occured on Twitter between Judd Trump and Dominic Dale at the mid-session interval, Trump not liking what the Spaceman said about his game.
                          Now, as a coincidence, Trump lost the next four frames after the interval.....You have to wonder what the hell this guy is doing on his bloody phone twitting in the middle of a last 16 game in Sheffield. Maybe it's a generation thing but still...doesn't look very professional to me.

Ding has been very poised once again. The more he plays, the more I am impressed with his mental. He's even smiling at the table! His work with Griffiths seems to pay! Not like allen who is more than in the cave....I was backing Wilson here but not to dominate that much! Can't see him missing reaching the quarters now.
                          Yes judging by what Dale said I think it hit a nerve. Suggested that Trump's cueball control is not good enough and needs too many chances to win a frame. I agree and said so earlier, Trump relies way too much on his potting to get himself back into position. If the cueball is doing more mileage around the table, you are taking a risk with big bounces off the cushions.

Noticeably, the only player not to struggle much on this table so far is Ding, not a surprise when you see how tight his cueball control is.

As for Twitter and users of it, I really think they need to get a life. To waste so much time and get involved in petty arguments is just using up energy which can certainly affect your performance. His manager should take his phone off him and tell him he's wasting his bloody career. He's not single minded enough to win the world championship.
                          Last edited by cueman; 24 April 2016, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• Very unprofessional for Trump to be whining on twatter during a match. Really gives an insight into his mindset though. I think the issue with Trump is he believes he is better than he actually is and that he has some kind of divine right to win....... end of the day there are a lot of very good players around today and if you don't produce close to your best you are going to get beat.

Comment

• He's a nob in he... Lol

Take the criticism as a positive criticism. fool, it' not like it's not true....

Comment

• Oh and I think Dominic Dale hit a nerve. Cue ball control is a weakness for Trump.... he has to knock in way more mid range shots than most other players when compiling a break.... if you continually put yourself in that situation you are going to miss a few when you are not cueing 100% perfect and brimming with confidence. When you combine lack of cue ball control with only 'average' safety you are going to be in trouble. Basically what I'm saying is Trump doesn't really have a B game. It is plan A or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X