Shanghai Masters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
    No. A few players don't practice on a Star (such as Sam Baird) but do practice on something similar, tight and fast. The important thing is that the table is level, has a fast cloth and steel block cushions for true rebound.
    Thats what was in my mind really. Similar tables shouldnt make a huge difference.

Comment

Originally Posted by Tommykiid View Post
      5-4 to ding in d end
      His matches are always nail bitters. Im a fan of his and he always keeps me in suspense.
      I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
        And it's a whitewash for Maguire against Murphy. Very impressive stuff from the Scot! I really hope he'll go all the way....so truly deserves to add another ranking under his belt.
        Yes, very impressive, he must have been practicing allot, his stroke and weight are right on...
        I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Anyone know today's televised matches? Especially the evening session. i was watching Eurosport yesterday and they said they would be showing the Ronnie v Holt match, but the TV symbol is next to the Ding v Allen match on the world snooker website. Thanks!

Also, really disappointed they got rid of the livesport snooker channel. I live in Japan, and that was great for me. Not sure what this Eurosport player thing is, but it isn't available over here, unfortunately.

Comment

The TV table will be :

Michael Holt v Ronnie O'Sullivan
            Ding Junhui v Mark Allen
            Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Just been catching up on yesterdays wooleston and trump match...anyone know what trumps cue is now as it looked plain ebony? Thought he changed to a tyrone cue with lime green veneers?

Comment

New cue for Judd...........wonder if ' Hands Free ' can cause an upset today ?
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Surprisingly good match between Selby and Carrington this morning, although it did get a little scrappy towards the end. The match between Day and Mei Xiwen was unremarkable, I was surprised they showed it over Maguire-Hawkins in the first place...

Unfortunately I won't be able to watch the afternoon session live, which means I will only be able to see whatever is televised on Eurosport, and unfortunately that seems to be O'Sullivan-Holt. To be fair, it's a good prospect in its own right, but I would still rather watch Ding-Allen or Higgins-Carter. :smile:

Comment

Originally Posted by luke-h View Post
                    Just been catching up on yesterdays wooleston and trump match...anyone know what trumps cue is now as it looked plain ebony? Thought he changed to a tyrone cue with lime green veneers?
                    Yeah Dean mentioned this in an earlier post. God knows where that lad gets his info from.

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
                      Yeah Dean mentioned this in an earlier post. God knows where that lad gets his info from.
                      The cue he used yesterday does look like a plain ebony butt, unless it has subtle veneers (purple or such), but definitely no green veneers.
                      So Trump has been shopping around?
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                        The cue he used yesterday does look like a plain ebony butt, unless it has subtle veneers (purple or such), but definitely no green veneers.
                        So Trump has been shopping around?
                        To be honest Dean I've not seen Judds match. Downloaded it to watch later.
                        ( By the way my comment saying "God knows where that lad gets his info from" was meant in a friendly way - doesnt look polite when reading it )

Comment

• no worries
                          see https://youtu.be/7GNF-DGkG8g?t=56m45s, looks plain to me
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                            no worries
                            see https://youtu.be/7GNF-DGkG8g?t=56m45s, looks plain to me
                            Yes it does look plain, or very close to it.

Comment

• Ronnie almost smashing his cue again in frustration!

Talking of cues, Maguire is currently using a Maximus as confirmed on their facebook page, anyone claiming otherwise I think is trying to get more orders!
                              Maximus really making their mark now in the game. 5 of the top 32 using their cues, not bad going.

Trump definitely ditched the green veneer cue, it was terrible, way too stiff and lifeless. Didn't win a match with it, to be fair these hobbyist cue makers that start out and get popular, they may make a nice looking cue with great precision when it comes to splices but until they actually have years of selecting shafts and knowing how they play they will never be a match for the experienced cue makers.
                              Last edited by cueman; 22 September 2016, 02:02 PM.

Comment

• embarrassing from Trump to lose from 3-0 vs White.

Comment

Working...
                                X