No announcement yet.

English Open 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting to hear Ronnie in his post match interview last night , he said that if Steve Davis got hold of him ,he would be able to sort out his shot selection . Then he would be the complete player .

Interesting to see how he develops .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
      What kind of odds do you think I'd get on Zhao winning the WC in the next 5 years?
      High Street bookies are generally cowards now so if you ask for a price they'll phone up and you'll wait until eventually someone will say they don't have any odds, best bet is to find an independent and you'll probably get 100/1 , Gl if you play
      It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

That match was a joy to watch. The very first frame set the tone, what a brilliant ton by Zhao....very poised, confident, fearless...he didn't give a damn about who he was playing. Ronnie was lauding him after the game, saying he enjoyed it very much.
        This kid is amazing, really. Such a high potential but like others before him, needs to refine his game to be more complete. But boy, what a talent.....
        Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

A couple of things I noticed for the first time in Ronnies match last night. The camera was on the young Zhao and it then cut to Ronnie in his chair and he looked really old, it was like that moment you see a policeman and think are you old enough to be one? And realise it's you who is the old one. The other thing was it was the first ever time I felt Ronnie was holding on and tying someone up, it's always felt the other way round when he's played but this lad had him scrambling around trying to tie him up just to hang on to his coat tails. This could be the changing of the guard we have been waiting for especially as they said on commentary there are another four of them coming through just as good, this generation may just get passed by, by these new kids on the block, could be exciting times for snooker.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
            A couple of things I noticed for the first time in Ronnies match last night. The camera was on the young Zhao and it then cut to Ronnie in his chair and he looked really old, it was like that moment you see a policeman and think are you old enough to be one? And realise it's you who is the old one. The other thing was it was the first ever time I felt Ronnie was holding on and tying someone up, it's always felt the other way round when he's played but this lad had him scrambling around trying to tie him up just to hang on to his coat tails. This could be the changing of the guard we have been waiting for especially as they said on commentary there are another four of them coming through just as good, this generation may just get passed by, by these new kids on the block, could be exciting times for snooker.
            you got all that from one best of 7 match!!...this kid played a good match no better standard than any of the promising players have produced in the past 10 years...but wow talk about over egging the pudding! good one

Comment

Originally Posted by dcrackers147 View Post
              you got all that from one best of 7 match!!...this kid played a good match no better standard than any of the promising players have produced in the past 10 years...but wow talk about over egging the pudding! good one
              Best player iv'e noticed in many a year

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                Best player iv'e noticed in many a year
                based upon this 1 match who is he better than then? I hope he is going to be a top player but I think people have a habit of over doing it a bit.

Comment

Who have you seen have a 130 tc, a century, and an eighty break, and have the greatest player ever rattled , At that stage of their career? Looking forward to the list.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                    Who have you seen have a 130 tc, a century, and an eighty break, and have the greatest player ever rattled , At that stage of their career? Looking forward to the list.
                    He has just had a really good session and lost the match at the early stages of a minor ranking event. Until he is getting the latter stages and finals don't think we can say how good he is.

Comment

based upon this 1 match who is he better than then? I hope he is going to be a top player but I think people have a habit of over doing it a bit.
                      You name someone who performs that well on telly and against Ronnie, i think you will struggle to find anyone

Comment

Zhao maybe a debutant on the tour, but he has been around as an amateur for a few years now, and got to three ranking last16 rounds (2014 Shanghai & Wuxi, and 2013 IntChamp) as well as 6 ranking last32 which I think shows a very high level of core ability and attitude that hopefully will push him through to top64 in the next two seasons.
                        As to the match last night, it did show that Ronnie was not on top form (B game?) and was pushed to get across the line.
                        In a longer match, who knows, maybe Ronnie would have won every subsequent frame? anyone's guess
                        Definitely one to watch out for and I hope he does not fade away.
                        As mentioned in the interview with ROS, maybe if someone like SteveD (or TerryG) takes him under their wing to polish out any problems in his game/mentality?
                        Last edited by DeanH; 13 October 2016, 11:39 AM.
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

What pressure can do to you...

Comment

Originally Posted by streamer45 View Post
                            What pressure can do to you...
                            Yeah can't believe Ronnie won that

Comment

Well done son

Comment

£1,000,000.000000000000000 bonus up for grabs!
                                Who wants it the most? :snooker:
                                "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                                National Snooker Expo
                                25-27 October 2019
                                http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Working...
                                X