No announcement yet.

English Open 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris Wakelin is a lucky man. He messed up a routine colour clearance to win, then missed a simple black off the spot in the decider, but O'Sullivan gave him yet another gift. :wink:

Comment

YEEESSSSSS my mate Chris shocking the snooker world, chuffed for him!
      "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
        YEEESSSSSS my mate Chris shocking the snooker world, chuffed for him!
        First time I've ever seen him play, but he plays fairly fluent, attractive stuff and fair play to him for his honesty in the post-match: "I've checked out of my hotel before every match...I'm not going to be the favourite against any of the top players"

Hope he does well from here - nothing worse than someone playing well just long enough to knock Ronnie out!

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
          Serves the pillsbury dough boy right for questioning Ding's commitment to snooker and preparation. Go and cut your lawn dough boy.
          Da haa ha! loving that! Pilsbury dough boy showing off on his lawn mower was a low point for me, I was finding it hard to like him anyway and then that just completed my contempt for him. And yes, I don't care if he can play the piano too, so can my 12 year old daughter. He should stop making comments on others players like he's an authority on everything and sort his form out.

Comment

Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
            That match was a joy to watch. The very first frame set the tone, what a brilliant ton by Zhao....very poised, confident, fearless...he didn't give a damn about who he was playing. Ronnie was lauding him after the game, saying he enjoyed it very much.
            This kid is amazing, really. Such a high potential but like others before him, needs to refine his game to be more complete. But boy, what a talent.....
            Its a massive part of the game to have confidence in your ability and be fearless - I watched poor Mitchel Mann against Ding the other day he looked beaten before he started....

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
              The camera was on the young Zhao and it then cut to Ronnie in his chair and he looked really old, .
              Spooky,thats the first thing that came into my mind.
              Great match though... more matches like that will age him even quicker.

Comment

Easy to be fearless when you are young and talented though isn't it! It must just feel like fun to this lad trying to take a few big scalps without really being under too much pressure as he's probably not expected to beat Ronnie. Its when you get past that stage and everyone knows you are good and expects you to win it becomes hard...as Ding has experienced.

Comment

Originally Posted by Boongogg View Post
                  Easy to be fearless when you are young and talented though isn't it! It must just feel like fun to this lad trying to take a few big scalps without really being under too much pressure as he's probably not expected to beat Ronnie. Its when you get past that stage and everyone knows you are good and expects you to win it becomes hard...as Ding has experienced.
                  True, he has lots to learn, but what a platform he has made.
                  Reminds me of Thepchaiya Un-Nooh.

Comment

Yes, absolutely - this is the time for him to strike and make a name for himself, great to see. Just what snooker needs to, new fearless gladiators looking to do battle.

Comment

Originally Posted by Boongogg View Post
                      Yes, absolutely - this is the time for him to strike and make a name for himself, great to see. Just what snooker needs to, new fearless gladiators looking to do battle.
                      Bit of matchplay ringcraft, safety and tactical game.
                      And a new tip/chalk - cos the one he has leaves too many trails on the baize haha

Comment

another giant felled, Ding out to Jak Jones
                        what a day!

Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

One more giant here : Rd 3 England Chris Wakelin [69] 4 - 3 England Ronnie O'Sullivan [10]

Comment

And now Neil out too

Comment

Dropping like flies today.

Comment

They are tired men.
                                The travelling is starting to catch up with some of these guys.
                                It ain't easy to get over travelling, hotel rooms, crap food and short formats... :snooker:
                                "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                                National Snooker Expo
                                25-27 October 2019
                                http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Working...
                                X