No announcement yet.

English Open 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations to Derby's Jamie Bodle in beating Matthew Stevens last night. Jamie won the English Amateur championships this year proving that the winner of this should be awarded a main tour place! Why is this still not the case? Come on WS sort yourselves out!
    Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
    https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Just went through yesterday's scores and Michael White had an impressive performance . Breaks of 94 , 75 , 89 & 75 . Limiting his opponent to only potting one ball .
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Great to find a free channel that's showing snooker coverage. Shame to only discover by word of mouth, but then advertising is expensive I guess.

Comment

Not sure when the English Amateur winner stopped getting a tour card, but now it is the World, European, and Asian amateur winners (the main competition and the U21) that get a card.
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

For some reason Quest aren't showing any of the evening sessions live, just a highlights show in the morning, good job I'm off work this week.

Comment

This Akbar can play , damn

Comment

Another good performance from Judd today, but watching his post match interview I kept wondering, why is he trying to sound like Ali G??

Is i cos e is black, Innit?

-
                The fast and the furious,
                The slow and labourious,
                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Alfie Burden made a 147.

Comment

English Open 2016

well done Alfie

Maybe lost him the match though
                    Not a TV match, anyone there see it?
                    Last edited by DeanH; 11 October 2016, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Nice one Alfie . £10k in the kitty , unless someone else does it .

Got me thinking , I'm sure they don't , but do high break prizes add to a players earnings and thus affect their ranking points for that season ?
                      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

High break prizes are not added to the ranking money

Comment

Burdens 147 was his 100. th official century break. And Trump made his 400 th. while beating O´Sullivan the other day.
                          ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                          "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                            Not sure when the English Amateur winner stopped getting a tour card, but now it is the World, European, and Asian amateur winners (the main competition and the U21) that get a card.
                            Think they have to win the European amature to get it now dean could be wrong but josh boileu won it an got one last year to the best of my knowledge

Comment

Originally Posted by Tommykiid View Post
                              Think they have to win the European amature to get it now dean could be wrong but josh boileu won it an got one last year to the best of my knowledge
                              yep, as I said the World, European, Asian and World U21, EuroU21, AsianU21 are six avenues to get a tour card

Do you know when the old English Amateur winner tour card stopped?

Comment

What a great result for 106 ranked Liam Highfield beating Mark Selby 4 - 3, Mark's B game just not quite good enough this time. He'll play either Ryan Day or Stephen Maguire next on Thursday.

-
                                The fast and the furious,
                                The slow and labourious,
                                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Working...
                                X