No announcement yet.

Champion of Champions '16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't realise the reputation that he has, not a bad situation to be in Watching the post match interview McManus doesn't really have what it takes to inspire interest in things. I respect his knowledge but he's a bit monotone and, for want of a nicer word, dull.

Comment

I quite like Mcmanus and Hendry. I admire that both don't do all the fake smiling and the put-on enthusiasm like 90% of the eejits on TV. Anything beats all the old men from the BBC talking the same crap and telling the same jokes & stories about the 70s and 80s....

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
        Wonder why? :wink:

-
        He's a jock and Ronnie is a cockney so of course he hates him
        It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by VillaGuy View Post
          I didn't realise the reputation that he has, not a bad situation to be in Watching the post match interview McManus doesn't really have what it takes to inspire interest in things. I respect his knowledge but he's a bit monotone and, for want of a nicer word, dull.
          He's a wet Sunday in Arbroath. He hasn't got the personality of a fine smokie from that town.

Hendry is getting a bit boring 'he should have gone in to the pack off that black - again!'. When this clearly didn't work for Hendry in the last decade of his career. The game is a little more complex than portrayed by Hendry. Even Ronnie acknowledges the importance of safety and when to attack the pack. Never cannon a flat-back pack!
          Last edited by Big Splash!; 11 November 2016, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Looked like Ronnie was giving that presenter lady a bit of the eyebrows when he was talking about getting into a bit of rhythm. I for one have absolutely no interest in any of his books, as he doesn't seem the most articulate of chaps, so I'm guessing the way his books are written is he says something like "a big dog bit the man on the leg" then some ghost writer turns that into 2 chapters. I think that's how most books are written these days. It's like music when he's on form though, looking forward to rolling back the years on Sunday.

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
              He's a wet Sunday in Arbroath. He hasn't got the personality of a fine smokie from that town.

Hendry is getting a bit boring 'he should have gone in to the pack off that black - again!'. When this clearly didn't work for Hendry in the last decade of his career. The game is a little more complex than portrayed by Hendry. Even Ronnie acknowledges the importance of safety and when to attack the pack. Never cannon a flat-back pack!
              I'm sure Hendry knows more about breaking packs or safety play than you ever will master blaster!

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post

Absolutely, Mcmanus's the kind of voice you'd play to your kids as a lullaby to send them to sleep. Clearly Snooker will always go on but it has had struggles with sponsorship ever since smoking adverts have been banned. Things are on the uptake with the Chinese, but it needs to think critically who the ambassadors are in the public eye to boost ratings further. In 1990, snooker had more money than Tennis or Golf, at least the World Championship. It needs to think more carefully than just giving jobs to ex professionals.

Comment

Cheers Catch 22 and BS!

Comment

Originally Posted by VillaGuy View Post
                    Absolutely, Mcmanus's the kind of voice you'd play to your kids as a lullaby to send them to sleep. Clearly Snooker will always go on but it has had struggles with sponsorship ever since smoking adverts have been banned. Things are on the uptake with the Chinese, but it needs to think critically who the ambassadors are in the public eye to boost ratings further. In 1990, snooker had more money than Tennis or Golf, at least the World Championship. It needs to think more carefully than just giving jobs to ex professionals.
                    It needs to get away from gambling. Where are the banks, supermarkets, retailers, insurers, brewers? We used to have more than just gambling companies in snooker sponsorship. Hearn needs to think outside the box.

@alba, Hendry got cooked aged 30 by the class of 92, who schooled him once in their stride. Higgins knows more about snooker, MJW does and Ronnie knows more in his sleep than Hendry ever will wide awake. If he'd joined with the class of 92', no way would he have all those titles; he was from weaker era.
                    Last edited by Big Splash!; 12 November 2016, 10:43 AM.

Comment

• I thought Clive Everton might have been to the dentist the way he sounded lately, but he still sounds like he's got a bag of marbles in his mouth??
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Can someone give a link for watching this final?

Comment

• I wouldn't bother its boring to watch

Comment

• Originally Posted by Guy3103 View Post
                            Can someone give a link for watching this final?
                            Give this a try posted earlier

http://cdn32.crichd.in/itv-4-live-streaming
                            Last edited by DeanH; 12 November 2016, 03:06 PM.
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• http://www.watchallchannels.com

This site has worked for me. It's not hidef, but atleast it doesn't seem as infected as the cdn site.

Comment

• Champion of Champions '16

didn't hit any viruses from cdn on my systems
                                still very clean

thanks for the other link will give that a try as well
                                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X