No announcement yet.

Champion of Champions '16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For exhibitions why not get Stephen Lee instead? I watched some of his recent footage from some clubs, it's on youtube. Looks like a lot of fun. Anyone know his rates? He's got to be cheaper than any active snooker professionals.

Comment

• Sure, go and promote the cheater. Hehe.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
        Great name there bud, not great times but that's the way it is.

bird-gate? haha, he could rat on selby as well. ''He's after ma rekords!'' Hendry is almost exciting sitting next to Mcmanus. The anchor is tidy, I like her, better than Hazel, but having two other Scots players there is too much. Dale please, someone smile!

It must rile hendry et al. to have someone who is bigger than the game. Not bigger than the rest of the game within in the game but bigger than the game overall. Coffee, property, novels, promo, TV shows, exhibitions. It must nark em to have him around. And he acts like he don't give two hoots. Haha, keep it up Ron, your fish jump when you clap.
        Oooh, what was this?
        Favourite players: Kirk Stevens, Stephen Hendry, John Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Ding Junhui

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ronnington View Post
          Oooh, what was this?
          The cover story was unpaid bonus
          It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Has Selby been a naughty boy double-dipping?...
            Favourite players: Kirk Stevens, Stephen Hendry, John Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Ding Junhui

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ronnington View Post
              Has Selby been a naughty boy double-dipping?...
              So far as I know this was just gossip invented by fans. Although even if it's true I'm not remotely interested in anyone's personal life.
              Last edited by gavpowell; 14 November 2016, 02:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
                I was thinking and puzzling about that on Saturday. Ronnie's prize was £50k which sounds a lot for a weeks work but then you have to deduct:-
                World Snooker's fee. Managers Charge. Travel Expenses and then HMRC will take a massive slice. Assume Ronnie is in the higher tax bracket so could lose 40%?
                Might not be a lot left to pay the Mortgage and the kids school fees?
                Being a nosey sod I'd like to see one of the top players tax returns.
                All the top players will pay 40% to the taxman, so if they earn £300k in a year then they'd pay £120k. Even with a few other deductions its still a decent living compared to what the folk probably earn on here, but if you compare it to some footballers then its a joke.
                John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by shmeeko69 View Post
                  but if you compare it to some footballers then its a joke.
                  Compare it to the top F1 Drivers and it's even more of a joke!
                  Steve Davis Technical Articles = https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ilebasic?pli=1

Comment

• Originally Posted by Giggity1984 View Post
                    Very true. I was always curious out of all the past and present snooker players who would be millionaires?

My guess would be not that many - Davis, Hendry, Higgins, O'Sullivan, Williams and possibly Ding, Murphy, Robertson, Selby and Trump.
                    John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by ace man View Post
                      For exhibitions why not get Stephen Lee instead? I watched some of his recent footage from some clubs, it's on youtube. Looks like a lot of fun. Anyone know his rates? He's got to be cheaper than any active snooker professionals.
                      Had him Ace man, beautiful to watch, I would advise anyone who can to go and watch this fella live, it's just poetry.
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• So, higgins gets himself into form to win 2 big money events in a row, 300,000 earned, no wonder he showed up for that interview by the notw!
                        Blown away

Comment

• Originally Posted by ace man View Post
                          For exhibitions why not get Stephen Lee instead? I watched some of his recent footage from some clubs, it's on youtube. Looks like a lot of fun. Anyone know his rates? He's got to be cheaper than any active snooker professionals.
                          Does he turn up in a rolls royce or a fiat punto?
                          Blown away

Comment

• Originally Posted by Giggity1984 View Post
                            Not many folk die from snooker related accidents, not many snooker events can attract two or three hundred thousand through the gate over four days. If I was a sponsor, F1,glamour ,fast cars ,exotic venues, watched by the beautiful people, Snooker, hmm, Steve Davis, Stephen Hendry, Mark Selby, Judd Trumps Shoes and Selby in his shiny suit , watched by two goths and a fat lad in a Coventry shirt, that is about as glamorous as it gets, not very exciting is it, it doesn't exactly say dynamic or go getting, no wonder big businesses don't want to be associated with it.

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                              Not many folk die from snooker related accidents, not many snooker events can attract two or three hundred thousand through the gate over four days. If I was a sponsor, F1,glamour ,fast cars ,exotic venues, watched by the beautiful people, Snooker, hmm, Steve Davis, Stephen Hendry, Mark Selby, Judd Trumps Shoes and Selby in his shiny suit , watched by two goths and a fat lad in a Coventry shirt, that is about as glamorous as it gets, not very exciting is it, it doesn't exactly say dynamic or go getting, no wonder big businesses don't want to be associated with it.
                              Whats so glamorous about people going round a circuit 50 odd times at 180mph and Lewis Hamiton is hardly charismatic? I like seeing the regulars with goth/punk lassies and the guys with the Coventry tops in the front row of most events

Comment

• Originally Posted by shmeeko69 View Post
                                Whats so glamorous about people going round a circuit 50 odd times at 180mph and Lewis Hamiton is hardly charismatic? I like seeing the regulars with goth/punk lassies and the guys with the Coventry tops in the front row of most events
                                I do as well but from a sponsors point of view it's a different story, unless I owned SAGA or a haemorrhoid cream company, or maybe night nurse ,something like that, I wouldn't go within a hundred miles of snooker, it screams boring and out dated, which is why I like it, as that's me to a tee.

Comment

Working...
                                X