Champion of Champions '16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    I do as well but from a sponsors point of view it's a different story, unless I owned SAGA or a haemorrhoid cream company, or maybe night nurse ,something like that, I wouldn't go within a hundred miles of snooker, it screams boring and out dated, which is why I like it, as that's me to a tee.
    If i was asked would i prefer a plane full of f1 drivers to crash into the atlantic, or a plane full of snooker players, i would choose a plane full of, errrrr, tough decision,......f1 drivers! Actually, very very very very easy decision
    Blown away

Comment

• It's hard to tell with F1 drivers, Kimi Raikkonen is the most boring person you could wish to listen to when interviewed but apparently he's a legend away from the track, many have been. Away from the cameras the motor racing scene is pretty wild and a long weekend in Monte Carlo has to beat a week in Sheffield if you have clients to impress.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

It's hard to tell with F1 drivers, Kimi Raikkonen is the most boring person you could wish to listen to when interviewed but apparently he's a legend away from the track, many have been. Away from the cameras the motor racing scene is pretty wild and a long weekend in Monte Carlo has to beat a week in Sheffield if you have clients to impress.
        I get the glam locations Monte Carlo v Sheffield, but watching F1 is f*cking boring even if they are going @ 180mph. Give me snooker any day and with that my sanity in this crazy, stupid world
        John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by shmeeko69 View Post
          I get the glam locations Monte Carlo v Sheffield, but watching F1 is f*cking boring even if they are going @ 180mph. Give me snooker any day and with that my sanity in this crazy, stupid world
          IIRC there was a "Euro tour" match/matches in the 80s that did go to Monte Carlo and played before Prince Rainier(?) but something did not go quite well that may have negatively affected snooker's relations there. ?
          I will see if I can find the article.
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by sealer View Post
            Sure, go and promote the cheater. Hehe.
            Not refering to Stephen of course cuz so far, i hav'nt seen a single piece of evidence which can proeve to me, he was cheating.
            But the fact is ,We are dealing daily with lots of cheaters in our society bud.
            The real trouble is, the big ones are walking free on street and are considered to be a saint. the small ones getting caught and end up in jail.
            Sometimes you gonna have to choos between Lesser of 2 evils.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jw147 View Post
              Does he turn up in a rolls royce or a fiat punto?
              This would be more appropriate for him

IMG_2519.JPG
              It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                This would be more appropriate for him

[ATTACH]18542[/ATTACH]
                would be nice if you choos sumthing with abit more space ?
                this one does'nt fit.

Comment

Had him Ace man, beautiful to watch, I would advise anyone who can to go and watch this fella live, it's just poetry.
                  Nice. I watched him play live too back in 2010, at pro-am event called Vienna Snooker Open. www.viennasnookeropen.at
                  Stephen won the event. A few well known pros visit this event frequently. Seeing pro players play in person is something else. I plan to go there next year.

Comment

• Originally Posted by warren132 View Post
                    Anyone else noticed just how calm JH was throught the tournament...normaly his face is bright red with preassure...never noticed him like that in lastnights final..wonder what his secret is ?
                    yep I noticed how confident and focussed he was because it was such a welcome change. Ever since the NOTW days he's not been the same and I think it's played on his mind a lot. Great to see his family there and enjoying the moment during the presentation and I laughed when his eldest lad gave the thumbs up when asked if it was going to be a good Christmas. I'm chuffed because John Higgins is not just a legend and my favourite player but it's obvious from every time he's interviewed that he's a nice bloke. Respectful of others and philosophical when it hasn't gone his way.
                    www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                      I think he was in need of a pee or something, because for all Ronnies faults he has total respect for JH and openly said he was the best player and the favourite before the match.
                      That makes sense because I knew Ronnie wouldn't do that to John and at the time I thought the way Ronnie dashed off looked like someone who was late for a plane and needing the lav definitely has the same urgency
                      www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Originally Posted by ace man View Post
                        Nice. I watched him play live too back in 2010, at pro-am event called Vienna Snooker Open. www.viennasnookeropen.at
                        Stephen won the event. A few well known pros visit this event frequently. Seeing pro players play in person is something else. I plan to go there next year.
                        It really is isn't it, they cue so beautifully, no effort, nice and smooth, even on crappy club tables, their timing on the shot is just perfect, Steve Davis was good as was Judd Trump, but Stephen Lee was the best.
                        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
                        X