No announcement yet.

2017 Masters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Ronnie's starting to crumble. Perry could yet win this! Would be a great comeback win for such a massive underdog.

Comment

• 2017 Masters

"..sod it..." how many of us have said that to ourselves at the table
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Poor ole Joe, should of had that

Comment

• Has to be said that it wasn't the highest quality of finals, but ROS had to dig it out not playing near his best, maybe a few years ago he would have sulked and given up but he's matured with age. Doubt it'll be his only tournament win of the season....

Comment

• It was an absolutely amazing performance. It was so obvious that he struggled in the beginning of the match, the tip of his cue didn't help the situation, but in the end he kept his cool and that's what matters most. The likes of Selby and Higgins have won tournaments with their B-game because of their mental strength, Ronnie has such an improvment in that aspect of the game. Dr. Steve Peters is a genius! Congrats to Joe Perry. He played very well today

Comment

• Had it not been for the missed yellow with the rest could have been different for Joe, i'm not sure he ever believed throughout the match he could actually win it, and Ronnie seems to be able to win even when he's not playing great, proved that all the way through. It's like somehow even when he's not playing well his opponents seem shocked and still treat him like he is playing well, just because they know the standard he can play ( i've probably not explained that very well but know what i mean........lol )

Comment

• I think Joe should've played safe off that yellow, can't really blame him for taking it on though

Comment

• Glad to see Ronnie take it, although I would have been happy for Joe. It would have been quite the blow to be up to 4 finals in the season and not win a tournament. Oh well, he saved it for one of the big ones.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                    I think Joe should've played safe off that yellow, can't really blame him for taking it on though
                    Probably, the reds split really nice so yellow and good position gives him frame, plus after that great brown he potted in semi he maybe just thought he'd take any chance that came his way , as you say can't blame him.

Comment

• Wasn't the best by Ronnie but definitely a mature matchplay performance. Who would have ever thought that we would see him turn into a Selby type? And not his fault that all his supposed main rivals didn't make it to the final.

I wonder how much the new tip actually affected his performance and how much was just in his head? You could tell by his attitude after the match that it was still playing on his mind. He looked quite manic as if he wanted to go to the cue shop straight away to get a new tip fitted rather than bother with the trophy presentation.

Comment

• Every other player would've tried to pot that yellow. It was a difficult one, but it was a hidden frame ball...

Comment

• Amazing the problems he has with Elk tips ....can't seem to find a good one .

Maybe he needs to use a TSF Tip
                          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                            Amazing the problems he has with Elk tips ....can't seem to find a good one .

Maybe he needs to use a TSF Tip
                            Think he mis-treats them a bit looking at all the kit he had and how he kept messing with it !

Comment

• My favorite player and the legend ROS, takes it. That makes me happy to see him taking photo's with JW.
                              What can I say, he's a genius. Great respect for his sportmnship, his game , his talent , and his admiration and respect for other players.

In the term of consistency, Marco Fu was the player of this tournament, imo.
                              I was realy impressed by his performance. and if he keeps playing like that, it would'nt surprises me to see him in the final of WSC.

Great tournament. enjoyed watching it .

Comment

• Well done to Ronnie winning 7 Masters titles. He didn't play great but won which is what counts. It will be fascinating to see how he does at the World Championship.

Comment

Working...
                                X