2017 Masters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by VillaGuy View Post
    Twists and turns, the only twist was perry going 4-1 up and him bottling it. Can't disguise the match for anything else than a let down...sad but true
    The pair of them were missing shots all over the place, Perry knocking in big breaks as he started to play, the joy of O'Sullivan's tactical brilliance etc. I'm sorry you couldn't find much to enjoy in it but I came away from Ally Pally feeling far more elated than I did the same time last year.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
      The point still stands - he was nowhere near his A game and still won - beating Fu was impressive imho, I thought he had no chance having fluked past Liang Wembo and used two years worth of luck against beaker.
      I wasn't disagreeing, merely offering a reminder he's been winning tournaments at well below his best for a while. It's just he's been consistently below par this season, for whatever reason.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ronnington View Post
        Wow, I missed Ronnie Snr - was he the one standing next to Paul Hunter's dad at the end? Never seen him at an event before either. Which other tournaments has he attended? If he's been free for several years now you'd think he'd be at every major event watching, surely?
        He was the large chap in the grey sweatshirt who Ronnie kept asking the attendants to let through. They had a photo together - Ron, Little Ron and Paramount Ron with Django Fung.

It's a complicated relationship - I believe Paramount Ron has been at a lot of major finals, but Ron doesn't like him at any of the earlier stages as he's too prone to interfering or upsetting Ronnie's rhythm. Of course that's based on a quote by Ronnie O'Sullivan so it may be utter nonsense

Comment

• The guy in the grey sweatshirt is his Dad .....looked too young . Never knew that was him .
          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by sealer View Post
            Bitten his tip of straight after potting the pink. Was talking to Joe and shaking his hand with the tip in his mouth. What a monkey :-)
            Agree, bit classless that...then dropped it on the floor.

Comment

• Last years masters, Ronnie played some incredible snooker - particularly the match against Selby but also vs. bingham. This year he only came close to that standard in the match vs. marco. If Selby had got thru to the final, I don't think Ronnie would have won. But having said that, I'm pleased for him, he's kept plugging away despite some painful defeats over the years and he's now quite close to Hendry's 18 triple crowns at 17, although I think most people will judge him on the number of worlds he won.
              Last edited by armstm; 23 January 2017, 01:27 PM.
              Highest Match Break 39 (November 10th 2015)

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                He was the large chap in the grey sweatshirt who Ronnie kept asking the attendants to let through. They had a photo together - Ron, Little Ron and Paramount Ron with Django Fung.

It's a complicated relationship - I believe Paramount Ron has been at a lot of major finals, but Ron doesn't like him at any of the earlier stages as he's too prone to interfering or upsetting Ronnie's rhythm. Of course that's based on a quote by Ronnie O'Sullivan so it may be utter nonsense
                Might have the wrong end of the stick http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/oth...y-Masters.html but if this is the photo you're talking about its not Ronnie's dad or django.
                H.b.142

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbVIfNI-wQ8

Django is the person at 0:35sec... I organised this back in Sept 2015. One of the best working days of my life
                  Favourite players: Kirk Stevens, Stephen Hendry, John Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Ding Junhui

Comment

• Originally Posted by lennon11 View Post
                    Might have the wrong end of the stick http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/oth...y-Masters.html but if this is the photo you're talking about its not Ronnie's dad or django.
                    Not even sure why I thought Django was in it, because I don't think he even manages Ronnie anymore. But the guy in the grey sweatshirt - similar eyebrows and nose, posed with Ron and Little Ron for a separate photo - who is he if not Ronnie Sr?

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                      Not even sure why I thought Django was in it, because I don't think he even manages Ronnie anymore. But the guy in the grey sweatshirt - similar eyebrows and nose, posed with Ron and Little Ron for a separate photo - who is he if not Ronnie Sr?
                      Don't know who it is,but it's definitely not Ronnie snr..
                      https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ro...wrUes55b-TM%3A
                      H.b.142

Comment

Working...
                      X