2017 China Open Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Mr Snooker View Post
    the Oceanic Masters event (If it is still played)
    what was that?

Comment

the Oceanic Masters event (If it is still played)
      Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
      what was that?

There were (2016/2017) several avenues to gain a Tour Card, QSchool being the well known one, the Euro/Asian Order of Merit but there where others:
      IBSF World Snooker - Champion and runner-up
      EBSA Euro Champion
      EBSA Euro U21 Champion
      EBSA Qualifying PlayOff (x2)
      ACBS Asian Champion
      ACBS Asian U21 Champion

Then the Regional NGBs could make a nomination, one for Oceania, two for China.
      Not sure for the 2017/2018 season as not seen any details (anyone?).
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

There were (2016/2017) several avenues to gain a Tour Card, QSchool being the well known one, the Euro/Asian Order of Merit but there where others:
        IBSF World Snooker - Champion and runner-up
        EBSA Euro Champion
        EBSA Euro U21 Champion
        EBSA Qualifying PlayOff (x2)
        ACBS Asian Champion
        ACBS Asian U21 Champion

Then the Regional NGBs could make a nomination, one for Oceania, two for China.
        Not sure for the 2017/2018 season as not seen any details (anyone?).
        yup I'm aware of that, I had mistaken Oceanic Masters for Oceania Championship which I guess Drago can't take part in
        Last edited by motorhead; 26 January 2017, 11:37 AM.

Comment

yup I'm aware of that, I had mistaken Oceanic Masters for Oceania Championship which I guess Drago can't take part in
          ah gotcha
          yep the name got me a bit there as well

have you seen anything yet for 2017/18 season?

Comment

Originally Posted by thommo335 View Post
            He did. Had some luck here and there but scored heavily when in. Now is it worth a trip to China? Do first round losers cover their expenses?
            Not Sure what your thoughts are on this.
            If I remember correctly it was ding who lost in Barnsley therefore not qualifying so china's no. 1 was conspicuously absent from the main event. Personally I'd make the top 8 exempt which guarantees names in the main draw but still frees up some space for qualifying players. The top 8 have earned the right imo. Golf has this figured out. You don't see the top players in the crap shoot of qualifying. They're happy (having earned their playing privileges but have to still do well to retain them) and so are the sponsors, tv and spectators just my humble opinion. ....

Comment

ah gotcha
              yep the name got me a bit there as well

have you seen anything yet for 2017/18 season?
              8th to 18th March for the Oceania Championships http://obsf.info/news-detail.aspx/572

Comment

8th to 18th March for the Oceania Championships http://obsf.info/news-detail.aspx/572

yep know abut that one, I meant the whole pro tour qualification criteria this time round, with no Euro/Asia OoM and the like

Comment

yep know abut that one, I meant the whole pro tour qualification criteria this time round, with no Euro/Asia OoM and the like
                  ah yea thought u were asking that indeed, I hadn't read anything yet.

Comment

nice century by Frazz to go 3-1 up against Day

Comment

The Only ones who get expenses are Jason Weston who plays the Defending Champion Judd Trump,
                      Jason Weston was on the circuit in the 90's and didn't do anything then. What makes him think that he will do any better 20 years later? Might as well throw his (or a sponsor if he has one) money up in the air in a hurricane. Loser!

Comment

Originally Posted by screw-back View Post
                        Jason Weston was on the circuit in the 90's and didn't do anything then. What makes him think that he will do any better 20 years later? Might as well throw his (or a sponsor if he has one) money up in the air in a hurricane. Loser!
                        Wasn't he ill the first time around and had to pack in eventually as it stopped him playing.

From what I understand (and I don't know that much about it), after being ill for years, he conquered it and then picked a cue up again and kn knocked a 147 in 2 weeks after playing again.

He may be thinking he's fit again and why not have a go.
                        Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                        Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                        Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

good win for Frazz against Day 5-2, having to get out of some tricky snookers at the end

Comment

Patrick won!!

Comment

Frame seven of the match between Stuart Bingham and James Wattana sees a change of Referee, Colin Humphries is replaced by Milosz Olborski, I am not sure if the players requested another referee or if Colin Humphries for some reason could not continue to referee the match, Does anybody what as happened or gone on, or what the reason is for the change of Referee, The scoreline at the time was Stuart Bingham 3 James Wattana 3
                              Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

I saw this happen yesterday, Leo took over from Ingo Schmidt(?). As you say I thought maybe a problem, illness or something; but here it is again in a BO9 match? strange

edit
                                If a referee is scheduled to do consecutive sessions and the first session takes its time; they are relived 1.5hr before the start of the second session so they can have a break.
                                Last edited by DeanH; 26 January 2017, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X