2017 World Grand Prix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    Murphy, not only an altered cue but wearing contacts for the first time in a pro match, daring?
    ah, looks like it worked. hope it definitely fixed the bad form. never seen him wearing glasses off the table.

Comment

I think BH's priority should be to do something about the abysmal turn-out for tournaments like this. Give the tickets away - or even pay the punters to get their arses on the seats. It saps all my enthusiasm as a spectator, and I can only assume it does the same for the players.

I admit I say this as a die-hard armchair fan and recognise what a hypocrite this makes me, but there we have it.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by stephen povey View Post
        Good to see Murphy playing with confidence again.Contacts and a 1/2 inch shorter cue seems to have done the trick. But,why no spectators? Tickets to expensive?
        major trouble on the trains and public transport round preston today might have had something to do with it..... loads didnt make it to university today from that end

Comment

The attendance has been really poor so far. Even with Higgins, Murphy, King and Maguire playing it seems to be about 25% full at best.

Comment

Seems ronnie is the only player who can pull the crowd. Gilbert vs mcgill audience is practically empty. Even the few fans in their side of the arena seem to be sitting as close to Ronnie's table as possible lol.
            I think this tournament was the same last year. Can't stand it.

Comment

Originally Posted by gmoore23 View Post
              Seems ronnie is the only player who can pull the crowd. Gilbert vs mcgill audience is practically empty. Even the few fans in their side of the arena seem to be sitting as close to Ronnie's table as possible lol.
              I think this tournament was the same last year. Can't stand it.
              More so I think it's actually damaging for the sport. The Indoor Bowls pulls more punters than this.
              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

2017 World Grand Prix

in fairness, you could have watched ronnie for a fiver 2 weeks ago in the same venue in the qualifiers where it was bo9.
                not sure on ticket price for tonight but mine for sat is £26. the qualifier was packed out for Ronnie but only 12 of us for the am session! !!

Comment

Has RO got some kind of gripe with Martin Gould? He jokingly nominated him as his snooker hero during that quick Q&A earlier, then laughed it off and picked SD.
                  Last edited by Billy; 7 February 2017, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Going by the crowd numbers today, I think all of these "Snooker fans" wishing ROS would retire..... Be careful what you wish for.

Comment

Originally Posted by thevenue2 View Post
                      Going by the crowd numbers today, I think all of these "Snooker fans" wishing ROS would retire..... Be careful what you wish for.
                      Did you manage to watch any of the recent German Masters tournament? Ronnie got knocked out in round one by Mark King, great crowds throughout.
                      I think the sport will manage just fine without him.

-
                      The fast and the furious,
                      The slow and labourious,
                      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Only £13 for 1st rounds, £9 for concessions £17 for quarters then £26 for semi and final with no concessions. Weekend sales look to be around 50% but should fill up for the final on Sunday. Might pop over tomorrow
                        Last edited by culraven; 7 February 2017, 10:44 PM.
                        No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

I wish they'd throw that bearded twat in the front row out! He's more interested in pulling faces for the camera than he is the snooker. No doubt a RO leftover who can't find the exit.
                          Last edited by Billy; 7 February 2017, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                            Did you manage to watch any of the recent German Masters tournament? Ronnie got knocked out in round one by Mark King, great crowds throughout.
                            I think the sport will manage just fine without him.

-
                            In Germany perhaps, but here, the home of the sport, perhaps not.

Interesting that once Ronnies match had finished a load of them went home, the rest just don't have the appeal that he does.

Comment

Originally Posted by two-cues View Post
                              [...] the rest just don't have the appeal that he does.
                              Maybe not for the yobs and knobsacks aka RO fans, but they do for snooker fans.
                              Last edited by Billy; 7 February 2017, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                                ah, as there is so much space around the table the camera is so far away so the sponsor's logo can be seen

I actually like it TBH

Comment

Working...
                                X