2017 Snooker-Shoot-Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by ghost121 View Post
    So, even the winner says this tournament is a coin-toss tournament and no way should it be a ranking event. Well done to McGill for being honest. Not surprisingly, that part of the interview was cut from World Snooker's report. Barry Hearn needs strong opposition right now or he will ruin this game.
    The minute he start messing with the worlds is when it will be ruined.
    John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Dark View Post
      Disgraceful refereeing that saw the time foul missed, but there should be no way the referee should be able to miss it due to noise.
      The point is, and the reason it was allowed to stand, the player couldn't hear the bleeps either.

No harm, no foul, carry on. Correct decision by Hearn.

Comment

• I couldn't hear them either as I was listening to Roxy Music's Country Life album.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
          The point is, and the reason it was allowed to stand, the player couldn't hear the bleeps either.

No harm, no foul, carry on. Correct decision by Hearn.
          How can you say "no harm" when a player was robbed of his chance ???

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
            How can you say "no harm" when a player was robbed of his chance ???
            Do not feed the troll

Comment

• Why is it I keep seeing ''Barry should do this'' or ''Barry should do that''

Is he solely responsible for what goes on and makes all the decisions himself or is there a committee etc?

Comment

• It's not good at all that it was allowed to happen, but what surprised me more, was that more players weren't maximising their shot time allocation. Several players could have used that to their advantage and appeared not to maximise the opportunity available to them. At a certain point, towards the end of the game, time becomes critical and it would be very easy to legitimately 'waste' time
                Smee

Comment

• I noticed that myself Smee, I'm guessing it was just pressure getting to them.

Comment

• Perhaps. But consciously or otherwise the guy who fouled against Gilbert played all of his shots on the late side. I don't think he fouled deliberately at all but I think he was trying to max his time on every shot

Smee

Comment

• Originally Posted by Smeeagain View Post
                      Perhaps. But consciously or otherwise the guy who fouled against Gilbert played all of his shots on the late side. I don't think he fouled deliberately at all but I think he was trying to max his time on every shot

Smee
                      I think he even fouled the shot before the timeout incident with his shirt on the blue.
                      John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

• wtf is this crap

Comment

• Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
                          wtf is this crap
                          It's been running for a few years, used to be on Sky. Moved to ITV4 last year.

It's never been my cup of tea, but not really had a problem with it until it became a ranking event.

Comment

• Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
                            It's been running for a few years, used to be on Sky. Moved to ITV4 last year.

It's never been my cup of tea, but not really had a problem with it until it became a ranking event.
                            It would have been fine if they had kept it non-ranking, but the fact that they've now put points on it and
                            with the David Gilbert controversy it just makes it quite laughable really?

Comment

• Of the matches I watched, they all played crap, it was like watching amateurs play, not professionals. Yawn. Not for me.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
                                Of the matches I watched, they all played crap, it was like watching amateurs play, not professionals. Yawn. Not for me.
                                I'm not a big fan of it, but I don't agree with the crap bit? If you factor in the stop clock with the noisy crowd then, it gives an unusual setup for the players,
                                but a few of the games I watched were fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X