2017 Players Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
    Very surprised at that, not that I'm doubting you, but I must admit I don't listen to many ROS interviews. Can't think why.

-
    He did that cab thing with Davis during the UK, in which he was horrified at 17-days for a tournament, and Davis said "yeh but once you get out there and you're in front.." "Nah even then, I'm just worried how I'm gonna blow it" or something to that effect.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vjmehra View Post
      I make a habit of it, they are always entertaining if nothing else :-)

I have no idea which format he prefers in reality, as you hinted the longer matches actually suit him more, but not sure he always fancies them!
      Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
      He did that cab thing with Davis during the UK, in which he was horrified at 17-days for a tournament, and Davis said "yeh but once you get out there and you're in front.." "Nah even then, I'm just worried how I'm gonna blow it" or something to that effect.
      Interesting, thanks.

-
      The fast and the furious,
      The slow and labourious,
      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Bit different the Ronnie - Trump match. Never expected so many roll up shots.

Comment

• i would agree about the arrogance, he's in the robertson category saying he outplayed him, then loses the next match (hopefully trump will) he hasn't won no where near the titles of ROS let alone in general for age range yet he basically says he's better!

a few seasons ago ronnie stopped practicing with trump and got the better of him and trump started struggling, now he's back practicing with trump the roles are reversed and the cockiness as returned!

Comment

• Originally Posted by RaveDave View Post
            Higgins probably had a sneaky bet on himself losing from 4-0 up.
            It must be a miracle, nobody can make a comeback like that against the great Higgins. Hail marie full of grace....
            I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by ghost121 View Post
              Well, what do you know, my favourite player just beat my least favourite player from 0-4 down. Happy times.
              I second this motion
              I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by vjmehra View Post
                Ronnie makes far to many mistakes in the shorter format.

Ironically, despite moaning about longer games...these days they probably suit him better :-)
                Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                Interesting, thanks.

-
                I don't think even Ronnie knows which format he prefers
                but from the stats he seems to perform equally well in the long and short formats:

Best of......Played......Won
                35............6............5 (83.33%)
                7............139............113 (81.29%)
                19............56............45 (80.36%)
                9............440............349 (79.32%)
                5............58............45 (77.59%)
                13............8............ 6 (75%)
                11............176............132 (75%)
                25............38............28 (73.68%)
                17............97............68 (70.1%)
                1............8............5 (62.5%)
                33............10............6 (60%)
                6............42............22 (52.38%)
                3............2............1 (50%)
                8............69............30 (43.48%)
                31............1............0 (0%)

I think Ronnie in recent times has been making unforced errors more often, just look at last night's match, unforced errors, by both players, was the theme of the match to me.
                Last edited by DeanH; 9 March 2017, 08:45 AM.
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Best of 31 has that format been a part of the WC?
                  ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                  "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

• Originally Posted by Rane View Post
                    Best of 31 has that format been a part of the WC?
                    Yes, it used to be the format for the Semifinals until 1997.

Comment

• Bit of negative stuff about Trump on here again - Cant believe some people he does not deserve that. Great player - beat Ronnie fair and square and outplayed him - its no fluke he has beaten Ronnie the last three times they have met. He has been in 3 major ranking finals and has been in a good few semi finals too this season.

Great player no need for the jump on Trump bandwagon to roll out - not his fault he shares a name with a unpopular president

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                        Bit of negative stuff about Trump on here again - Cant believe some people he does not deserve that.
                        I'm afraid it's something we just have to accept. People have always, and will always, make assumptions about people they know absolutely nothing about.
                        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Bit of negative stuff about Trump on here again - Cant believe some people he does not deserve that. Great player - beat Ronnie fair and square and outplayed him - its no fluke he has beaten Ronnie the last three times they have met. He has been in 3 major ranking finals and has been in a good few semi finals too this season.

Great player no need for the jump on Trump bandwagon to roll out - not his fault he shares a name with a unpopular president
                          That is wrong, he's beaten ronnie in the last three finals, ronnie won a game in the championship league

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                            People have always, and will always, make assumptions about people they know absolutely nothing about.
                            I think it's safe to say EVERYONE on this forum is guilty of that to some degree.

Anyways, I'm not a massive Trump fan, but I take nothing away from him. He did beat Ronnie playing great, attacking Snooker, was good to watch, and I hope he does well in the tournament.

Comment

• Originally Posted by stephenm2682 View Post
                              That is wrong, he's beaten ronnie in the last three finals, ronnie won a game in the championship league
                              Well I stand corrected sorry - but he has started to get the better of him basically is what I meant - its not such a one off - love watching both of them. We are blessed as lovers of snooker to have them in the game.
                              Last edited by Byrom; 9 March 2017, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Well I stand corrected sorry - but he has started to get the better of him basically is what I meant - its not such a one off - love watching both of them. We are blessed as lovers of snooker to have them in the game.
                                yeah i think ronnie is paying the price for the second time for having trump as his practice partner!

Comment

Working...
                                X