2017 World Seniors Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post number 2 ,there is a link Geordie.
    Live YouTube link, its abit more stable.
    https://youtu.be/uWpY5FQoOY4
    Last edited by itsnoteasy; 24 March 2017, 04:11 PM.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

you can watch it on youtube live stream.

anyone notice how hendry's long pause on backswing before he strikes the cue ball has somewhat vanished

Comment

Hendry's whole technique is breaking down. Sad to see. When Hendry has no scoring power, he has no game.

Comment

And it's not as if Lines isn't there for the taking. He's as bad but with a basic safety game that is still functioning and maybe a bit of the run.

Comment

Originally Posted by ghost121 View Post
            Hendry's whole technique is breaking down. Sad to see. When Hendry has no scoring power, he has no game.
            Not that surprising, with the exception of the snooker legends thing and occasional exhibitions he apparently never plays, and his practicing days seem to be long behind him.

Comment

Cheers, i managed 10 minutes ;(
              It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

3-0 to a poor Peter Lines. Put the cue away Stephen.

Comment

3-0 to a poor Peter Lines. Put the cue away Stephen.
                  I think Jimmy could beat him in a final now. Lol.
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Why he's done it is beyond me. Even if he had won, it's a joke title and he would have been hammered in Crucible qualifying.

Comment

If I could have a fiver for every time someone has said to Stephen "you gave up too early" I'd be extremely wealthy. Maybe he got sick of hearing that and decided to do this to silence them all.

I understand him giving it up, he played with such high focus and intensity from a very young age. In some people, whatever it is they do, that fire burns out.
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

In my opinion he went on too long. He was very mediocre by his high standards over the last five years of his career.

Comment

In my opinion he went on too long. He was very mediocre by his high standards over the last five years of his career.
                          I agree with this, to be fair Hendry was finished the day his old cue broke, though his demise had already started a few years earlier.

He only won one tournament I think, the British open against Ronnie after his forced change of cue.

As for his technique, I think its pretty evident that he did suffer the yips as he mentioned in an interview shortly after retiring. It never really goes away and the change of no pause on the backswing is to try and help stop it. Im sure he's still plagued with it and its sad to see how someone that was so good in the balls now has no cueball control what to speak of.

Comment

I watched the last frame of the final, and I'm happy to say that I seem to play at the level of a former world champion at times Well done P. Lines, I think he'll have to up his game to qualify though.

Comment

It's easy to prod poke and stab the great Aslan as he lays on the stone table. Luckily for him his confident persona runs further than snooker talent. He has a record the vast majority can only dream of and that is his legacy.
                              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I'm a great admirer of Hendry and do not want to see him play like this.

Comment

Working...
                                X