No announcement yet.

2017 World Seniors Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As for the tournament, as I said earlier, there was only going to be one winner. Lines won it playing pretty awful match snooker. High break of 41 in a 4-0 whitewash of Parrot. A World Champion takes the title playing club league snooker. Ridiculous.

Comment

Next season it'll be a ranking event
      It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
        That wouldn't surprise me...

Comment

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
          aaaarrrrggghhhhh!!!!!!!
          nnoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

One frame matches, five second shot clock, and if the frame scores get tied at 20 points all, the winner is decided by who can do the best impression of Dennis Taylor's 1985 World Championship celebration. As judged by the audience, most of whom don't even realise they are watching snooker, they only came inside because it's warmer. Ranking points the same as the UK Championship.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
              John Bagley or Peter Lines - get your money down - heard it here first
              well said that man

Comment

Originally Posted by ghost121 View Post
                I think Hendry could be either very good or quite average. Given his recent tour presence and solid safety game, which is an advantage in such short races, I think Lines is probably the favourite.
                Add me to the list...

Comment

Altho I should have said 'appalling' rather than 'average' for Hendry.

Comment

I wonder is this the only event in snooker where the current holder was not invited or allowed back to defend his title?

Comment

Lines is only just off the tour and it showed. He had a massive edge all the way through. The rest of them just couldn't cope, so even though he didn't play great, the right man definitely won.

Comment

Originally Posted by ghost121 View Post
                        Altho I should have said 'appalling' rather than 'average' for Hendry.
                        Quite sad to see one of the greatest players ever play worse than Michael J Fox

Comment

I agree, very sad. It's not like he quit at the top, so really, any attempt at returning to matchplay snooker was heavy odds against being successful.

Comment

Working...
                          X