• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by gulliver View Post
    Nothing? :-)
    Ha ha ha, wonder if it will be on youtube soon, gotta see it now

Comment

• Too bad for Gilbert, this will hurt him for sure. I always liked his style of play, great technique and poting, real underachiever for me, hope he wins something one day.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post

surely the ref should have warned him for slow play? Or was he asleep?
        We were...lol

��������

Comment

• So I did pretty terribly with my predictions of who will come through.
          Plenty of surprises for me, especially with Joe Perry and Michael Holt crashing out, who both had a fairly makeable draw I think.

Will be very interesting to see the complete draw today. Actually I think the qualifiers are not that strong this year as for example at last years event. But the seeds probably don't want to play Martin Gould, Stephen Maguire, Yan Bingtao, Xiao Guodong or Gary Wilson.

Comment

• Just watched the Ebdon-Holt decider. Great final pink and black from Ebdon. Pure class.
            Come on Jimmy!!!!

Comment

• Can you think of a more unimaginative choice to do the draw than Cliff Thorburn ?

No offense but how many times have they wheeled him out on the Bank Holiday monday final day ? They had Stephen Fry in a feature was it last year,should have took him,would have been a good hit on twitter I guess.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                So I did pretty terribly with my predictions of who will come through.
                Plenty of surprises for me, especially with Joe Perry and Michael Holt crashing out, who both had a fairly makeable draw I think.

Will be very interesting to see the complete draw today. Actually I think the qualifiers are not that strong this year as for example at last years event. But the seeds probably don't want to play Martin Gould, Stephen Maguire, Yan Bingtao, Xiao Guodong or Gary Wilson.
                I don't think I'd want to draw Brecel either. His "A game" is good enough to take out anybody. The question is can he sustain it over a best of 19. If he can throw in a few good safeties in key spots, I think he can do some damage this year. It's hard to believe it's been 5 years since his debut. I remember those two pots that he had to beat Murphy. His career might have kick started a lot more quickly if he had won that match.

Comment

• Fergie's a nice bloke but his style of play is just totally horrible....boring you to death! Hate to say that of a player but he just doesn't belong to the XXIst century come snooker. His game is from the 50s. Imagine if Judd or ROS is drawn against him in the first round? They will committ suicide by the first mid session !!
                  Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

• When and where can I watch the draw?

Comment

• I went and watched the frame after knowing how long it was and it was really really long. Fergal was extremely slow, unacceptably slow at times but given how many times he has lost close deciders at this stage it is sort of understandable that he would be being extremely careful and therefore slow.

I think I got something like 5 of my picks for qualifiers right, not really wanting to go back and check what it was exactly, definitely less than half.

Of the qualifiers obviously Gould and Maguire are very good players, Bingtao is a great young talent and Xiao Guodong looks very good as well but Gary Wilson's scoring during the qualifiers could be the most troubling to the players. He has shown he has the form to score a few centuries close together and that is dangerous.

Comment

• No matter how much i like snooker , i won't be watching Fergal's match .

Disgrace for a frame to last that long .
                        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by sealer View Post
                          When and where can I watch the draw?
                          http://www.worldsnooker.com/watch-be...pionship-draw/
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Really looking forward to this years world championship even with players like Ebdon and O'Brien qualifying. Should still be good
                            John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                              No matter how much i like snooker , i won't be watching Fergal's match .

Disgrace for a frame to last that long .
                              Yes, and it just proves that they need to draw up a new ruling that refs need to enforce about slow play. I'm not an advocate of a shot clock but if you are regularly taking over a minute per shot a player needs to be warned.

Comment

• Agreed Cueman.....agaisnt shotclock as well but this went way over the limit.
                                Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Working...
                                X