No announcement yet.

2017 World Championship - Main Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never expected that scoreline, thought it would be other way around !

Comment

• Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      Never expected that scoreline, thought it would be other way around !
      Me too. Has Mark peaked too soon? We could be in for some serious grinding later on, lovely jubbly.

-
      The fast and the furious,
      The slow and labourious,
      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Wow...so pleased with that scoreline! I expected to be much tightier than that but I'll take it!
        Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

• A very interesting start indeed. Higgins kind of struggled to get his first frame on the board, continuing in the same way he left off against Hawkins, so I didn't expect him to dominate the session from then on. He did make quite a few mistakes, but Selby has made an uncharacteristically nervy start, and you just can't afford to do that against Higgins. Obviously Selby has never been too bothered by going a few frames behind, so there is no reason for him to panic just yet, but he could do with a strong session tonight. :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
            Forget about Vickie. Mrs. Higgins is a cutie.
            Im for higgins, but if it came to a wife choice, im for vicky
            Blown away

Comment

• A little bit surprising though I had the idea that Higgins would do well in the first session. He was definitely the more focused and determinated player in the first eight frames. I expect Selby to play a strong second session though, as he did against Ding.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jw147 View Post
                Im for higgins, but if it came to a wife choice, im for vicky
                Miss Higgins is way better...she is looking good after 3 kids. Vicky looks like the man in that family.
                "There has only ever been Alex Higgins, myself and now Ronnie O'sullivan who play the game the way it should be played with such excitement - I know the fans love it this way" - Jimmy White

Comment

• Well didn't expect that. I think Selby got the tactics wrong there. He was deliberately playing a different thicker safety game early on as he probably thought his advantage was on break building not safety, which is obviously a rarity. Can the 41 year old Higgins keep it going. I think Selby will come out fighting, or grinding rather, in the next session.
                  Last edited by richo; 30 April 2017, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• Well,4 times champion when someone is, it is for a reason...

Comment

• Ebdon style coming up in the evening session. Prepare yourself.
                      "There has only ever been Alex Higgins, myself and now Ronnie O'sullivan who play the game the way it should be played with such excitement - I know the fans love it this way" - Jimmy White

Comment

• Originally Posted by attilahun View Post
                        Miss Higgins is way better...she is looking good after 3 kids. Vicky looks like the man in that family.
                        Whenever the cameras show her on the balcony and Selby looking g over it reminds me of Ivan drago and his wife in Rocky 4.haha.
                        H.b.142

Comment

• Originally Posted by lennon11 View Post
                          Whenever the cameras show her on the balcony and Selby looking g over it reminds me of Ivan drago and his wife in Rocky 4.haha.
                          I wonder how many times we have seen her this championship....?! The camera seems to be up there a lot more on Selby matches, not sure why.

Comment

• One thing on Higgins. Am sort of surprised he isn't a little trimmer given in effect he is an elite sportsman. My wife thought he was older than 41.

Comment

• Originally Posted by richo View Post
                              One thing on Higgins. Am sort of surprised he isn't a little trimmer given in effect he is an elite sportsman. My wife thought he was older than 41.
                              Murphy, Bingham, and Allen definitely look like elite sportsmen.

Comment

• Originally Posted by richo View Post
                                One thing on Higgins. Am sort of surprised he isn't a little trimmer given in effect he is an elite sportsman. My wife thought he was older than 41.
                                Ehh you just walk slowly around a table, hardly a sport then ehh

Comment

Working...
                                X