Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by jimev View Post
    Higgins will definitely win this
    I guess it's time again for narl to sacrifice the next goat to Imhotep to make that happen...

Comment

• Originally Posted by jimev View Post
      Higgins will definitely win this
      No, he won't!

Comment

• Lets hope Higgins will put up a strong fight and not just fall behind without a game lol

Comment

• I have to say this final has been fairly low quality so far. I don't know why Phil Studd keeps insisting that Higgins played great stuff yesterday, because he was giving Selby lots of chances and getting away with it. The roles have been reversed so far today, Selby has played a little more solidly, while Higgins just can't put anything together. But in no way is this "the best of Selby", as he put it earlier.

I think we're getting Hendon and Johnson tonight, and I for one am glad if this is indeed the case. I just hope Higgins can find a bit of form again and make a match of it, because in a low-quality scrap there can only be one winner. :wink:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
            I have to say this final has been fairly low quality so far. I don't know why Phil Studd keeps insisting that Higgins played great stuff yesterday, because he was giving Selby lots of chances and getting away with it. The roles have been reversed so far today, Selby has played a little more solidly, while Higgins just can't put anything together. But in no way is this "the best of Selby", as he put it earlier.

I think we're getting Hendon and Johnson tonight, and I for one am glad if this is indeed the case. I just hope Higgins can find a bit of form again and make a match of it, because in a low-quality scrap there can only be one winner. :wink:
            I wouldn't say it's low quality, but also not high quality. The truth, as so often, lies in the middle.
            I think Higgins played absolutely superb safeties yesterday. He almost always set Selby under pressure, had control and didn't let him many chances. Only, when Higgins was missing pots, Selby got his chances. And it was clear that this would happen.

Comment

• So pleased that Stephen Hendry is in the commentary box!
              Winner of Crucible 77's 2009 World Championship Lucky Dip.

Comment

• Looking grim for John Higgina now at 14-11......only won 1 frame out of the last 11.
                Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• Nice to see Front Row Brian has made an effort tonight....
                  #jeSuisByrom

Comment

• That yellow is not going to help Selbys confidence! Time to strike JH make a battle of it.
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• I thought that , yet another freshly ironed football shirt

I've seen wounds dressed better !
                      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                        I thought that , yet another freshly ironed football shirt

I've seen wounds dressed better !
                        Ha ha Have you ever seen FRB without a football shirt on? I haven't.
                        #jeSuisByrom

Comment

• If you were paying what FRB pays every year, you'd want to wear what you like as well.

Comment

• For those of you on Facebook, please like the post offering a case as a competition prize - need 250 like to be given away and I predicted 18-12 to Selby, so i've got a sniff!

https://www.facebook.com/RobReedWorl...MELINE&fref=nf
                            Last edited by mrbluejay; 1 May 2017, 07:30 PM. Reason: added link

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                              I have to say this final has been fairly low quality so far. I don't know why Phil Studd keeps insisting that Higgins played great stuff yesterday, because he was giving Selby lots of chances and getting away with it. The roles have been reversed so far today, Selby has played a little more solidly, while Higgins just can't put anything together. But in no way is this "the best of Selby", as he put it earlier.

I agree - I left last night's session saying "Well it's nicely poised but neither has hit form yet" Unfortunately it looks like they're not going to either.

Comment

• “I’m just thinking one more match playing the best player in the world. That is the only thing I’m thinking about,” said the four-time champion. “Of course I’ll be nervous. I think as you get older the nerves are harder to suppress. I’m sure I’ll be a bag of nerves before it starts, but then I’ll settle down and make it a good final.
                                I dont know if Higgins is right about the nerves, but that attitude and vocally bringing it out cerainly didnt help him and might even have become self-fulfilling prophecy....

Comment

Working...
                                X