2017 World Championship - Main Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post
    Selby might be the best pressure potter I have ever seen. I never fancy him to miss when it's a shot that can be a frame winner/match changer.
    That green was some shot under pressure

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post
      Selby might be the best pressure potter I have ever seen. I never fancy him to miss when it's a shot that can be a frame winner/match changer.
      Never thought about it, but you're probably right. You probably need to mention Stephen Hendry also, though.

Comment

• This is too much.....
        "There has only ever been Alex Higgins, myself and now Ronnie O'sullivan who play the game the way it should be played with such excitement - I know the fans love it this way" - Jimmy White

Comment

• The kick and then the fluked snooker for Selby...

Higgins is cursed lol.

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
          Never thought about it, but you're probably right. You probably need to mention Stephen Hendry also, though.
          I think Hendry is simply a better potter full stop. Selby genuinely seems like he has a higher pot % when it's do or die lol.

Comment

• Selby certainly can't complain about the run of balls in this session...

Comment

• Selby reminds me of Nadal at his peak so much. No matter what the score is, his head never goes down, he just takes it shot by shot and makes it as hard as possible for his opponent. Exactly what Nadal used to do, and is still pretty good at doing today.

Comment

• I wonder if Higgins may be tempted to put a bet on himself to lose during the break :P

Comment

• This is just horrible to watch........ 9 out of the last 10 won by Selby.......Disaster fro Scotland
                  Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

• I'm afraid this match could be close to over now. I was pretty sure that Selby would play better today than yesterday, but I didn't expect he would turn the tables that much.
                    13-11 in front now and full of confidence.

I've learned to never write off John Higgins so I won't do it. But it will be an extremely tough task.

Comment

• Why did they end one frame early? It is just 17:20 when they ended

Comment

• Originally Posted by cesard View Post
                        Why did they end one frame early? It is just 17:20 when they ended
                        They want to get the players a rest before the deciding session.

Comment

• I have watched snooker for over 30 years since my grandparents got me in to it. I don't know what it is, but I physically can't watch Selby. I have to turn it over or watch a drama. Of course he deserves huge credit, winning these titles is not easy. There is just something about the snooker he plays that for me at least is not enjoyable to watch.

Comment

• Higgins will definitely win this

Comment

• Originally Posted by richo View Post
                              I have watched snooker for over 30 years since my grandparents got me in to it. I don't know what it is, but I physically can't watch Selby. I have to turn it over or watch a drama. Of course he deserves huge credit, winning these titles is not easy. There is just something about the snooker he plays that for me at least is not enjoyable to watch.
                              I have to fully agree with that statement. This is the exact feeling I get when I watch any of his matches.
                              I think it has to do primarily with the fact that he brings out a strictly cold and defensive mode of play

We have of course to acknowledge the fact that he pots the shots when needed, that he has the ability to exercise self-control in his mind and remain relatively unaffected even if he's down by X frames.

The feeling I get watching him play is like being in a room semi-full of people, and when you see someone talking to him, Selby is relatively silent, speaking and moving very little, not moving his hands at all, not making any gestures. The essence of someone who does not mind reducing the spark in the room, someone who is against any genuine or sincere flamboyance.

Italians do something like that when they play football: we destroy your game, if you give us a single chance you'll pay for it and never forget about it, if we score first then we all sit back in half-pitch, come try scoring against us.

I think life is more, much more than that. Snooker is much more than that. This is why, like @richo, I physically can't watch players like Mark Selby.

Comment

• I've watched John Higgins for over 20 years. He is a very, very talented player.
                                Watching him here, if he could trim down his weight it would improve his game 1%
                                But that 1% might be the difference between winning and losing this match.

Comment

Working...
                                X