2017 World Championship - Main Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    When Bingham supposedly fouled the black when cueing over it during the last frame of his session with Ebdon (although no foul was detected on the slow mo), does anyone know why it took the ref so long to call it? It's my understanding that afoul must be called the instant it's seen.
    I thought I saw the black move ever so slightly on his back stroke not on the forward, so he shouldn't really have played the shot, although I appreciate sometimes when you are committed to the shot it's to late to stop it.
    I don't know the ins and outs of what's going on with Ronnie and WS/Hearn but we can all appreciate how hard or damned near impossible this game is if something's whizzing around your mind.
    Last edited by itsnoteasy; 16 April 2017, 11:04 PM.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
      I thought I saw the black move ever so slightly on his back stroke not on the forward, so he shouldn't really have played the shot, although I appreciate sometimes when you are committed to the shot it's to late.
      But that doesn't explain why it took the ref so long to call foul.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
        But that doesn't explain why it took the ref so long to call foul.
        Just watching this now, Bingham calls it and the ref say's foul straight away. Just that he didn't see it and he has to ask Stuart which ball he fouled.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
          Just watching this now, Bingham calls it and the ref say's foul straight away. Just that he didn't see it and he has to ask Stuart which ball he fouled.
          Yes, just watched it again and was just about to say the same thing. I didn't hear Stuart declare first time, and I don't think the crowd did either because there wasn't the usual round of applause.
          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
            Nobody believed me. What do you guys think now?
            He's had a very good day to be fair, helped out a lot by FU not being at the races. I'm still not sure I'd class him as having much of a chance of winning the trophy though. It'll be interesting to see how he'll close out the game tomorrow. Whether he'll keep it tight to frustrate FU, or will he be inexperienced and play an open game. Still he could win with an open game if FU doesn't get his act together, but playing someone like Selby and he'll get found out.

Comment

• Originally Posted by VillaGuy View Post
              He's had a very good day to be fair, helped out a lot by FU not being at the races. I'm still not sure I'd class him as having much of a chance of winning the trophy though. It'll be interesting to see how he'll close out the game tomorrow. Whether he'll keep it tight to frustrate FU, or will he be inexperienced and play an open game. Still he could win with an open game if FU doesn't get his act together, but playing someone like Selby and he'll get found out.
              I never said that he had much chance of winning the trophy. I'm not even 100% sure he'll finish the job tomorrow. I was just responding to a post which listed players that the seeds really would like to avoid. I thought Brecel was a glaring omission from that list due to his great potting ability.

The way he was potting yesterday for the first half dozen frames, even Selby would have had trouble staying with him.

Comment

• Ronnie seemed to spend half of the interview saying he did not want to say anything controversial, he just wanted to play snooker, he was a happy guy and the other half of the interview saying something controversial, saying things about things other than about his play and saying he had not been a happy guy.

Comment

• I quite enjoyed the interview. Maybe because I don't have any prejudice against Ronnie, I didn't catch anything controversial. He felt warm and respectful towards Stephen and Steven, which he always doesn't. And he showed some humbleness talking openly about his previous WC victories.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
                    Nobody believed me. What do you guys think now?
                    Brecel was potting really amazing yesterday. After what I'd seen from him this season and also judging by the results I wouldn't have expected that.
                    Also as I said in my preview I think that Brecel is dangerous, I just thought that Fu would be much better after having such a great second half of the season.

Comment

• Zhou Yuelong is clearly not comfortable playing Ding Junhui. He lost 5-0 to him in the China Open and is losing 4-0 this morning, so 9-0 in the last month alone...

Quite a turnaround in the other match, Ebdon started with all the momentum and was almost over the line to level at 5-5, but Bingham made a nice clearance and looks like going 8-4 up now. :smile:

Comment

• Ding looks pretty strong at the start of the match. Quite a few good breaks already.

I hope Stuart can finish his match quickly, I have nothing against Ebdon, but he really has to grind to get frames on the board, not scoring heavily enough. And what is up with the audience, barely any applause for few shots both players executed perfectly .... weird

Comment

• Lovely scoring from Ding Junhui this morning, 9 frames done with in two and a half hours. :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Dark View Post
                            Ronnie seemed to spend half of the interview saying he did not want to say anything controversial, he just wanted to play snooker, he was a happy guy and the other half of the interview saying something controversial, saying things about things other than about his play and saying he had not been a happy guy.
                            Yes, I got the same vibe.

O'Sullivan is basically saying: "I'm a very special player, people come to watch me. I should be given special treatment and extra cash incentives".
                            Maybe he's right? Many people are willing to pay good money to watch him play.
                            But would other pros revolt if O'Sullivan received a 20% cut of the door and was given carte blanche to express his opinions?

What price genius? This is Hearn's dilemma.

Comment

• Originally Posted by wemba View Post
                              I'm a very special player
                              Arguably, probably the best ever...... (let's not continue this, as it has been discussed till the cows come home already elsewhere ))

Originally Posted by wemba View Post
                              people come to watch me.
                              Undoubtedly.

I should be given special treatment
                              Definitely already does, see how many times a referee has not called a foul on him, or warned him for the 3F&M?
                              Back stage he also gets special treatment, e.g. often he is allowed to use the back door where no other player does :biggrin:

extra cash incentives
                              Thought I heard he does get some "attendance fees" (China?)? :biggrin:
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Ding has played very well to lead 7-2 but I give Ronnie and Bingham more credit in their matches. Thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                                X