2017 World Championship - Main Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by magpie1892 View Post
    It varies on the individual and the circumstance (Hazel being a case in point!). I've lived and worked in three Middle Eastern countries and if you are introduced to a local woman you don't offer her your hand to shake unless she offers hers first - then shake away. But then you meet muslim women from Lebanon who are ostensibly muslim but have long hair, dress like strippers at the weekend, very touchy-feely. It's like most religions in that it's open to individual interpretation. RM might have looked a bit silly if he had rebuffed Hazel's hand, but the female refs obviously all know now.
    Will it depend what sect ( if that's the right term) of Islam you follow?
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
      Will it depend what sect ( if that's the right term) of Islam you follow?
      Not really. Some are more 'pious' than others as individuals and certainly hardline Sunni muslims would not (or should not) touch a woman they were not related or married to but then it's the same for some hardline jews that book the cheapest seats on easyJet then refuse to sit in their seats if a woman is sat next to them, causing musical chairs for the cabin crew and people standing in the aisle. In some of the Western Isles of Scotland, NOTHING opens on a Sunday apart from the church. There were no off-sales on Sunday in Scotland until about 15 years ago...

Organised religion is silly, dangerous or both. If people kept this sort of thing to themselves the world would be a lot more peaceful place...
      Last edited by magpie1892; 19 April 2017, 10:52 PM.

Comment

• I remember Mcleod playing someone quite late at night, and Judd making some sarcastic comment about them being his "two favourite players" I think he will be feeling a bit silly now. Playing snooker when you are in pain on every shot is very difficult though and I'm not surprised he was nowhere near his best.

Comment

• Originally Posted by shmeeko69 View Post
          You didn't factor in the fact that, Dott has an excellent record at the crucible. You seem to be only looking at ability and recent form in your analysis and ignore the power that some venues have on certain players?
          There's not that much in it - Dott won a world championship where Carter lost, but it wasn't exactly a dominant display to beat Ebdon.

An excellent record?

LQ,LQ,1R,LQ,LQ,1R,1R,2R,2R,F,1R,W,1R,1R,2R,F,QF,1R ,2R,LQ,2R,1R, 2R and counting. Excellent?
          Last edited by gavpowell; 19 April 2017, 11:22 PM.

Comment

• Didn't Ronnie win the Champions of Champions one year with a sprained/swollen ankle?

Comment

• Originally Posted by ken147 View Post
              Didn't Ronnie win the Champions of Champions one year with a sprained/swollen ankle?
              UK Championship in 2015(?)

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                I remember Mcleod playing someone quite late at night, and Judd making some sarcastic comment about them being his "two favourite players" I think he will be feeling a bit silly now. Playing snooker when you are in pain on every shot is very difficult though and I'm not surprised he was nowhere near his best.
                To be honest you can see trump try to tone things down from his somewhat brash behaviour but after tonight's display threw everything out the pram.

He's still immature and can kinda tell he's not really a nice player. I've noticed some players like that..

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                  UK Championship in 2015(?)
                  2014, against Judd lol

Comment

• Originally Posted by ken147 View Post
                    Didn't Ronnie win the Champions of Champions one year with a sprained/swollen ankle?
                    Hendry won a world title with a broken arm.

Comment

• I think Maguire will smash his cue against Rory's head sometimes around third frame

Comment

• Originally Posted by magpie1892 View Post
                        Not really. Some are more 'pious' than others as individuals and certainly hardline Sunni muslims would not (or should not) touch a woman they were not related or married to but then it's the same for some hardline jews that book the cheapest seats on easyJet then refuse to sit in their seats if a woman is sat next to them, causing musical chairs for the cabin crew and people standing in the aisle. In some of the Western Isles of Scotland, NOTHING opens on a Sunday apart from the church. There were no off-sales on Sunday in Scotland until about 15 years ago...

Organised religion is silly, dangerous or both. If people kept this sort of thing to themselves the world would be a lot more peaceful place...
                        My imaginary friend is better than your imaginary friend! Good grief it's 2017, how can human beings be so stupid.

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                          My imaginary friend is better than your imaginary friend! Good grief it's 2017, how can human beings be so stupid.
                          Think of how stupid the average person is. Then realize that 50% of them are stupider than that.

George Carlin

Comment

• At least he wasn't from North Korea. Imagine that headline.....................

Comment

• You got to love Rory's sense of humour, a Muslim snooker player who's sponsored by I.S.I.S , trolling of the highest order :biggrin-new:
                              It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
                                Sorry but silly comment as we don't know the extent of Judd's injury. He clearly wasn't himself today, he was physically injured, that's for sure, .
                                didn't the injury occur when he was 7-6 down. he wasn't injured the first session and the start of the second session , he simply didn't play well at all .
                                he only lost 2 frames after that niggle. before he had to come back later on , so that can't be used as the excuse for losing

Comment

Working...
                                X