2017 World Championship - Main Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by peterpackage View Post
    I think Ding has a better chance of beating Selby so i want Ding to win. Selby will get under Ronnie's skin the way Ronnie is at the moment

IF Selby makes the final i won't even watch it. i would have watched Selby v Trump but that's it

Selby v anyone else left in the other half is a nightmare final i don't care about
    I think Hawkins or Higgins would give him a right go, but I know what you mean.
    John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
      Gonna stick my neck out here but I feel if Ding can't beat Ronnie from here he is never going to be the player we want him to be...
      This would be indeed a loss that could break him. But I think Ding is going to win.

Also I don't think we will experience a midsession interval between Higgins and Wilson. John really looks strong.

Comment

• I agree , can't see Ronnie winning . But Ding needs to win this badly .
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• With Kyren Wilson you really always just have to wait until he misses his next pot. Much of it has to do with his cue ball control as well. Whether he left himself with a difficult ball or he loses his focus on the pot, because he tries to hard to move the cue ball in the perfect place for the next ball.
          He needs to improve this very badly, cause so he gifts his opponents to many chances and you can't afford this against the top players.

Comment

• So for the first time since his triumph in 2011 Higgins is back in the semifinal of the World Championship. It's his eight semifinal overall.

Comment

• YES !! Well done you Scot
              really happy to see Higgins steamrolling again. 13-6 is quite an excellent score against a guy like Kyren Wilson (whi wasn't at his best, unfortunately for him though). Now I just want Maguire to come back to offer us a second All Scotland semi at Sheffield
              Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                With Kyren Wilson you really always just have to wait until he misses his next pot. Much of it has to do with his cue ball control as well. Whether he left himself with a difficult ball or he loses his focus on the pot, because he tries to hard to move the cue ball in the perfect place for the next ball.
                He needs to improve this very badly, cause so he gifts his opponents to many chances and you can't afford this against the top players.
                He had no chance in this match having to change his tip.
                "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

• And in the mean time, Marco Fu's adventure is going to an end. He's getting hammered by the Jester and this I can't see a comeback. Mark is way too strong.
                  Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

• Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
                    He had no chance in this match having to change his tip.
                    That's right, but this happened not only in this match. It happened against Grace and Bingham and also in tournaments, when I watched Wilson before.

Comment

• Does any one else think the standard of this years Tournament hasn't been very high ?

I put it down to the number of Tournaments that they play now .

And i , as a fan of the game , like more Tournaments . But with the exception of a couple of matches , it hasn't been a higher standard than i would have expected .
                      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Selby is a machine, but this is an embarrassing performance by Fu. 13-2 would equal the worst ever result in a quarter-final. Losing with a session to spare seems inevitable.

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                          Does any one else think the standard of this years Tournament hasn't been very high ?

I put it down to the number of Tournaments that they play now .

And i , as a fan of the game , like more Tournaments . But with the exception of a couple of matches , it hasn't been a higher standard than i would have expected .
                          Agree. I don't think it's been a great tournament quality wise. We talk of the standard of top 32 etcetc but i found there's more variation in who qualifies for tournaments now.

And even with the number of players coming through, i don't care if you get 100 good players coming through from China, you'll never see a big 4 of mark Williams, John higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, and hendry again

Comment

• That 143 was insanely good. A standing ovation even though it wasn't a 147.

Comment

• What Selby was playing the last four frames is simply ridiculous. A 132, 139 and 143 within four frames, with just one missed pot on black in between.
                              That 143 was one of the most amazing breaks I've ever seen.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
                                That 143 was insanely good. A standing ovation even though it wasn't a 147.
                                And fully deserved. That was probably better than any 147 I've seen.
                                Last edited by JimMalone; 26 April 2017, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X