2017 World Championship - Main Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by TheIslandProf View Post
    Luck would be an interesting stat, but pretty hard to track really.
    They don't seem to have trouble determining if a safety shot is a success or not.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
      All time greatest in the modern era..(no Reardon, Griffiths, Thorburn, Spencer or Alex Higgins) If Selby wins this year he moves ahead of Mark Williams. This is the top 10 for me.

Hendry
      O'Sullivan
      Davis
      Higgins
      Selby
      Williams
      White
      Doherty
      Parrott
      Robertson
      I'd probably have Ebdon above Robertson and maybe Parrott. Also I'd maybe have Davis ahead of O'Sullivan. But of course this is all up for debate.

Comment

• Originally Posted by wemba View Post
        They don't seem to have trouble determining if a safety shot is a success or not.
        Isn't that just determined as when a safety shot is played and the opponent doesn't pot from it

Comment

• Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
          For anyone who missed it - watch the Selby match v Marco Fu on catch-up quite a flawless standard of snooker in last session - In my opinion his 143 break is now the greatest clearance ever. Best I ever saw for sure - Better than Alex Higgins famous 69 - have to say yes
          It was probably the most amazing in terms of shots.
          But it has to be said that there was far less pressure for Selby.

Comment

• Originally Posted by richiet View Post
            Agree with this mostly, but I'd have to count Reardon, Griffiths, Thorburn, Spencer, Alex Higgins as modern era. I consider "Pot Black" as the start of the "Modern era" (but then I'm possibly one of the older members here), if not certainly 1977 onwards. Reardon and Spencer would be ahead of Doherty, Parrott and Robertson for me and probably Alex Higgins behind Spencer. I never really rated Parrott as a player (or as a commentator/pundit for that matter).
            I don't want to go too far off topic, but I spent a few days last year ranking the players based on a formula where points are scored for winning, being runner-up, or making the semi-final of a triple crown event and winning or being the runner-up of a full ranking event. (No PTC) I used 12, 7, and 3 for the WC, 8, 5, and 2 for both the UK and Masters, and 2 and 1 for a full ranking event. I haven't updated my spreadsheet since earlier this year, but this is how it worked out. I think it's a decent list.

Hendry - 309
            O'Sullivan - 263
            Davis - 238
            J. Higgins - 188
            White - 135
            Reardon - 123
            Williams - 123
            A. Higgins - 113
            Selby - 110
            Parrott - 81
            Robertson - 79
            Doherty - 77
            Murphy - 76
            Griffiths - 75
            Thorburn - 72
            Ebdon - 69
            Spencer - 65
            Ding - 63
            Stevens - 57
            Trump - 48

Comment

• Ronnie is playing garbage.

Comment

• Originally Posted by RaveDave View Post
                Ronnie is playing garbage.
                What's new

Comment

• This 143 total clearance from Selbs must be one of the best breaks I have ever seen.....Absolutely insane !!
                  Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Ding's not doing a great deal better.

Comment

• First time Ronnie has won the first frame

Comment

• Didn't get to see Selby play today but I'm looking forward to watching it later. For me he has to be the player with the biggest form swings. Today it sounds like he was outstanding, like when he played Robertson in the semis two or three years back, but then he can look like a club player running out of position all the time and having to run away and hide and really really struggle to make a forty or fifty, it's definitely the biggest A to B game gap I see in a top pro.
                        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Ding really needs to win the next frame or the situation could become very dangerous.

Comment

You think?

Comment

• Dings not crumbling anyway

Comment

• Fine reply by Ding.

Comment

Working...
                                X