X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 World Championship - Main Event

great session
    12-12
    Ding playing much better than this morning. He really does look the biz now, very composed.
    Selby has the water off a duck's back, seen it all before attitude
    Hope for a cracker tomorrow afternoon
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• A fantastic session of snooker. Okay, some mistakes were made from both players, but we also saw some terrific safety battles and a couple of really classy breaks, particularly from Ding. :smile:

Ding wins the session 5-3 then. Fully deserved, and a great sign for him that he was able to withstand everything that Selby threw at him. I can only hope the final session is equally entertaining. :smile:

Comment

• Notice how Ding is getting a bigger cheer from the crowd than Selby ! never thought i'd see that in a England v China matchup

Snooker fans are probably the fairest fans around

Comment

• Originally Posted by indianabones View Post
          I absolutely hate listening to Dennis Taylor. Is there a more stupid and cringeworthy commentator in sport?
          Yes. He's called Willie Thorne.

DT is my all-time favourite commentator. He's enthusiastic, has a genuine love for the game, and he makes me smile.
          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Best commentator / pundit is Hendry by far. Tells it like it is, great insight.

Comment

• Originally Posted by richo View Post
              Best commentator / pundit is Hendry by far. Tells it like it is, great insight.
              I would say Neal Foulds

Comment

• Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
                What a shift Ding just put in!
                He's gonna need a long kip after that...
                Tomorrow should be a good 'ol fashion DING dong!!! (sorry couldn't resist) :snooker:
                Actually I thought Ding looked pretty fresh still after winning that last frame of the evening. Ding must fancy his chances now, after coping with the pressure he was put under to win those last 2 frames of this evening's session. It's also encouraging that he has a good record against Selby, so should feel confident going into the final session.
                "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                  It's a great match indeed. And we go into a final session with 12:12. Couldn't have been better.

I also hate one-sided matches. Well, maybe not if one player I don't like is on the losing end, but of course tight matches are much better.
                  This is becoming one of the great world championship matches that will draw spectators and "grow" our game on the world stage. Maybe the snooker gods need to play a part here in who wins!

Probably my main desire to see a Chinaman beat a world champion Englishman ( and this is entirely based on Ding performing to a level he is capable of and therefore deserving) is because it's almost fairy tale stuff that I honestly believe will elevate the game to a new high level for many years to come.

Also cannot wait to witness that new crazy punky Asian kid who hits the scene because of this boost and smashes. 147 in under 5 minutes! :snooker:
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• I don't think a five minute maximum will ever happen again. No one else has even come close. Once in a thousand lifetime event that was I think.

Really want Ding to win this, if he does then he could obliterate Hendry's century record, he could get 20 if he carries on playing like this to the end of the tournament!

Comment

• Originally Posted by vilkrang View Post
                      I don't think a five minute maximum will ever happen again. No one else has even come close. Once in a thousand lifetime event that was I think.

Really want Ding to win this, if he does then he could obliterate Hendry's century record, he could get 20 if he carries on playing like this to the end of the tournament!
                      Agreed, I'd love to see Ding win this now, I like Selby but it would just be such a good story for Ding to win, and I think just about anyone else would not be 12-12 with Selby at this point with how the match has gone!

Comment

• What makes the world championship different from most other tourneys is the longer matches. If you look at most played so far and base them on best of 7 matches you can see the different stories that would/could have unfolded.

There may be a call for quicker faster tests but surely there should be a call to arms for more majors that draw these kind of results/ performances over the longer haul?

For me, I feel they bring out the pure snooker situation and drama that is "snooker" the part of the sport that we all love the most.

Pour your thoughts snooker peeps!
                        Last edited by Cue crafty; 28 April 2017, 10:21 PM.
                        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                          What makes the world championship different from most other tourneys is the longer matches. If you look at most played so far and base them on best of 7 matches you can see the different stories that would/could have unfolded.

There may be a call for quicker faster tests but surely there should be a call to arms for more majors that draw these kind of results/ performances over the longer haul?

For me, I feel they bring out the pure snooker situation and drama that is "snooker" the part of the sport that we all love the most.

Pour your thoughts snooker peeps!
                          Definitely love the longer formats, brings all the skill, drama out in a purer sense. There needs to be a better balance of these formats.

Comment

• There may be another record set - first year in the past 15 that nobody said "The pockets look way too easy"

Comment

• Originally Posted by indianabones View Post
                              I absolutely hate listening to Dennis Taylor. Is there a more stupid and cringeworthy commentator in sport?

Dennis Taylor wouldn't know how to commentate on snooker if he was beaten senseless with his own cue and JV's Mic.
                              Thank you! Couldn't agree more!! Used to like him back in the 1990s. If I hear him say how likeable someone is again I think I'll scream

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ben04uk View Post
                                Thank you! Couldn't agree more!! Used to like him back in the 1990s. If I hear him say how likeable someone is again I think I'll scream
                                Its his favourite line, that along with how much he loves the stun run through shot and how difficult it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X