X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come on ding!

Comment

• Originally Posted by vjmehra View Post
      John Higgins has 4 World titles, Ronnie has 5. If Selby wins this time he'd be on 3 and would have plenty of time to win another 1 or 2.
      As someone said earlier he is just the best of a very average bunch right now who plays very good percentages. Ronnie, Higgins are past their prime and the rest are average players...so yes, he can win 5 or 6 but that doesnt mean hea better than Higgins or Ronnie or Davis.
      "There has only ever been Alex Higgins, myself and now Ronnie O'sullivan who play the game the way it should be played with such excitement - I know the fans love it this way" - Jimmy White

Comment

• Originally Posted by attilahun View Post
        As someone said earlier he is just the best of a very average bunch right now who plays very good percentages. Ronnie, Higgins are past their prime and the rest are average players...so yes, he can win 5 or 6 but that doesnt mean hea better than Higgins or Ronnie or Davis.
        Hang on...I never said he was better than those 3.

I said maybe he was a notch better than Mark Williams!!!!

Comment

If he wins 5 or 6 that would mean he is on the same level. But he is still far away from 5 world titles.

So far he's two and Ding tries that Selby keeps stuck on this for now. He was a bit unlucky this semi-session I felt. Selby saves a 2-2 for it to stay two frames ahead with 11-9.

Comment

• A very enjoyable match so far. I see people keep expecting Ding to crack at some point, but I don't think that's going to happen now. He is clearly up for the fight, and he's beaten Selby enough times on the big stage already that he knows exactly what it takes. It's still a question of outplaying him on the day though, and right now Selby looks very solid indeed.

I'm surprised Ding conceded that last frame without having a go at a colour. Why not just go for a big colour off the cushion or something like that, if there was nothing else to play? What was there to lose? Worst case, it would have cost him another five seconds before conceding. :wink:

Comment

• Originally Posted by richo View Post
              The frustration is that Selby isn't a great, he is just the best of a very average bunch right now who plays very good percentages snooker. We need somebody else to emerge urgently.
              Absolute rubbish. Probably peak Hendry, O'Sullivan and Higgins of the past would have a near 50% chance against Selby playing his best. Only the late 90s early 00s had a debatably stronger top 4, but far less depth on the tour. The reason that there are no players as dominant as Hendry and Davis in their prime is because there are too many good players now.

Comment

You obviously have a selective memory of how well Ronnie and Higgins played when they were younger. Higgins/Ronnie didn't often play at their 98/04 World Championship level. Obviously these guys are legends, but some of their wins (and defeats) were very forgettable. You mention Davis, but compared to the players of his era this "average bunch" are out of this world.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                  A very enjoyable match so far. I see people keep expecting Ding to crack at some point, but I don't think that's going to happen now. He is clearly up for the fight, and he's beaten Selby enough times on the big stage already that he knows exactly what it takes. It's still a question of outplaying him on the day though, and right now Selby looks very solid indeed.

I'm surprised Ding conceded that last frame without having a go at a colour. Why not just go for a big colour off the cushion or something like that, if there was nothing else to play? What was there to lose? Worst case, it would have cost him another five seconds before conceding. :wink:
                  I also don't expect Ding to crack. He is very composed and calm and plays well.
                  Where I disagree is though, that Selby doesn't look that good in this session (for his standard)). He made a couple of not so good decisions, potting mistakes and his long potting isn't strong so far. I think Ding has a good chance this evening to maybe get at 12-12.
                  Last edited by JimMalone; 28 April 2017, 08:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
                    Can't believe the officials got that foul and a miss SO wrong using video analysis?
                    SHOCKING to say the least... :snooker:
                    I was working this afternoon. Anyone got a youtube link?

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                      I also don't expect Ding to crack. He is very composed and calm and plays well.
                      Where I disagree is though, that Selby doesn't look that good in this session (for his standard)). He made a couple of not so good decisions, potting mistakes and his long potting isn't strong so far. I think Ding has a good chance this evening to maybe get at 12-12.
                      Ding can't afford to many of those errors though...

Comment

• Originally Posted by magpie1892 View Post
                        Selby is a great player, but he'll never be remembered as a great. He's in the Mark Williams bracket, just shy of the very, very best.
                        Maybe not yet by many fans opinions ( he is from the pros ), however if he wins this year, he's young enough to win another 3 and then he will be remembered as a great player.

Comment

• Originally Posted by screw-back View Post
                          I was working this afternoon. Anyone got a youtube link?
                          I haven't I'm afraid. Perhaps someone else can help..? :snooker:
                          "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                          National Snooker Expo
                          25-27 October 2019
                          http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

• Selby hitting the green up the table instead of the black lol...

Going to be a long frame.

Comment

• Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
                              I haven't I'm afraid. Perhaps someone else can help..? :snooker:
                              Anyone remember which frame this was?

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                                Anyone remember which frame this was?
                                Got a video from the whole session here:
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=935wMJM13-Ehttp://

Comment

Working...
                                X