No announcement yet.

2017 World Championship - Main Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a quick note for the people complaining about Selby looking into the audience, at his friends.

You do realise how petty and worthless you seem when you literally slate someone for looking in the wrong direction, don't you?

Comment

• I am a bit late to comment on the Ding - Selby match seeing I had to watch a replay of the third session. Ding certainly did not crumple under the pressure and if anything made Selby slightly shaky in that he made a few strange shot choices. Ding getting back to level seemed like it was not going to happen but he got there. Still Selby is the best player in the world and I still think he will just win but he is going to have to play at his very best as Ding is playing superbly under the pressure.

Comment

• Anyone else love Ding's entrance music ?

Comment

• How about a thread about what their walk on songs should really be.
          Maybe add some cheerleaders wearing skimpy outfits and walk on birds like they have at darts. Or is that me just being a dirty old man?
          I went into a chemist and asked for a deodorant, the assistant said "ball, stick or aerosol", "No, I want it for under my arms!" was my reply.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
            Just a quick note for the people complaining about Selby looking into the audience, at his friends.

You do realise how petty and worthless you seem when you literally slate someone for looking in the wrong direction, don't you?
            I think it's more that he tends to do it after his opppnent has had a good run of the ball deapite the fact he's been incredibly lucky this match and would probably be 14-10 or even 15-9 down had the run go the other way.

Therefore it seems a little bit rich to then complain to his mates about the fact he has gone a shot without getting lucky.

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
              Haha, I believe Willie Thorne actually started that lyric. Maybe Dennis is so impressed as he couldnt do it himself
              I think Willie keeps all his 'lyrics' in his top drawer.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                Just a quick note for the people complaining about Selby looking into the audience, at his friends.

Sporting fans tend to love the underdog because it's refreshing to have a new name on a trophy but hate those who repeat success too often. Just look back to the eighties when Davis was dominant, he wasn't anywhere as popular by the end of his reign. People get bored.

Comment

• Selby is hardly at that level yet. When he has three or four world titles maybe. Again it's more the temerity to complain when he gets outrageous luck himself.

The 'jester' moniker is also quite irritating as (particularly in recent years) he seems one of the more miserable players and hardly a jocular and laughing 'jester'. Worst jester ever.

Comment

• Selby's not my favourite player and I don't mind people not liking him, it's up to them who they do or don't like. But at least find a decent reason to complain about him, because if you don't you will look stupid, you might as well complain about him eating KFC and not McDonalds

Comment

• Originally Posted by vilkrang View Post
                      Selby is hardly at that level yet. When he has three or four world titles maybe. Again it's more the temerity to complain when he gets outrageous luck himself.

The 'jester' moniker is also quite irritating as (particularly in recent years) he seems one of the more miserable players and hardly a jocular and laughing 'jester'. Worst jester ever.
                      He was a bit of jester when he first came on the scene, but everyone complained about him making jokes all the time.

Comment

• I have a question and it's linked to the World Championships but, I hope that I haven't put it in the wrong place!

I am off to Marbella today and, I am wondering, if my wife takes her iPad with her (which she will 'cause she's never off the damn thing) is it possible that I might be able to watch some of the snooker on it. I understand that there is free WiFi available 24 hours a day where we are going. If it is possible then I'm sure that if I give her my last Rolo, she will let me have a borrow:snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by bluenose1940 View Post
                          I have a question and it's linked to the World Championships but, I hope that I haven't put it in the wrong place!

I am off to Marbella today and, I am wondering, if my wife takes her iPad with her (which she will 'cause she's never off the damn thing) is it possible that I might be able to watch some of the snooker on it. I understand that there is free WiFi available 24 hours a day where we are going. If it is possible then I'm sure that if I give her my last Rolo, she will let me have a borrow:snooker:
                          Coverage is available via the BBC website. You should be able to log on to that in Spain.

Comment

• Why oh why does Mike Hallit feel the need to talk every 5 seconds...just shut up and let us watch the game...he's missed it..no hang on...what a bad shot..no hang on...annoying the life out of me������

Comment

• Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
                              Coverage is available via the BBC website. You should be able to log on to that in Spain.
                              Thank you Bigmeek, I will be a happy man if that works OK. Thanks again.

Comment

• Higgins won his first ranking title in 1995? I think not... :wink:

Comment

Working...
                                X