Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This match is crazy. :topsy_turvy::topsy_turvy::biggrin:

Comment

Carter missing a couple of easy balls on the colours and still winning the frame. This match deserves a decider. And we all do so, too.

Comment

Quarter final of a big ranking event in front of.......7 blokes.........Beyond ridiculous.
        Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
          Quarter final of a big ranking event in front of.......7 blokes.........Beyond ridiculous.
          I didn't think this was a ranking event. Apparently the tickets are something like £100 each, I wouldn't pay that to watch snooker and I can't blame anyone else for not doing it. Someone needs to have a word with the organisers, they're making the game look stupid.

Comment

Where has Gould found this form from , hasn't shown anything for ages . Great to see .
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
              I didn't think this was a ranking event. Apparently the tickets are something like £100 each, I wouldn't pay that to watch snooker and I can't blame anyone else for not doing it. Someone needs to have a word with the organisers, they're making the game look stupid.

Oh I wasn't blaming the spectators, more the organizers here. I read Neil Robertson's tweet the other slaming the fact the ticket prices were insane. I think he nailed it on the head. I think the top prize money is around £150 000 so it is a big tournament. Shame they can't price it properly.
              Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

I think the camera operators are deliberately showing the big happy waving audience :biggrin:

It is a ranking event and ticket prices probably reflect Chinese society, if you have money you get better seats...
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
                  One of whom was asleep ?

Comment

Maybe but cannot afford to snore loudly tho :P

Comment

• the Yan Bingtao steam roller continues a-pace
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• So Yan's through to the Semis with a good 6 - 2 win over John Higgins, and he did play well, but I think JH will be very disappointed with his uncharacteristically sloppy performance.

-
                        The fast and the furious,
                        The slow and labourious,
                        All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Very good match today I thought, few frames that Allen stole made the difference.

His clearance to go 5-4 up was very well done. Both played some great safety and Allen was unlucky in the last frame as three times he tried to split the pack.

He was fortunate on the last red not to double kiss it and I thought he was going to just roll onto it. But Trump was being a bit cheeky imo to go for such a risky double on the last red, all the days effort and you could say threw it away.

Saturday's semi final final is looking very good, Allen enjoys attacking matches and it looks like Bingtao plays like that as well. Shame I am working all day Saturday.

I reckon a Selby Vs Bingtao final which ends up a bit closer than last year's final.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cebs View Post
                            Very good match today I thought, few frames that Allen stole made the difference.

His clearance to go 5-4 up was very well done. Both played some great safety and Allen was unlucky in the last frame as three times he tried to split the pack.

He was fortunate on the last red not to double kiss it and I thought he was going to just roll onto it. But Trump was being a bit cheeky imo to go for such a risky double on the last red, all the days effort and you could say threw it away.

Saturday's semi final final is looking very good, Allen enjoys attacking matches and it looks like Bingtao plays like that as well. Shame I am working all day Saturday.

I reckon a Selby Vs Bingtao final which ends up a bit closer than last year's final.
                            Probably the best clearance of the tournament.I recommend everyone to see it if it gets posted on the internet
                            Last edited by kibo; 2 November 2017, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
                              Oh I wasn't blaming the spectators, more the organizers here. I read Neil Robertson's tweet the other slaming the fact the ticket prices were insane. I think he nailed it on the head. I think the top prize money is around £150 000 so it is a big tournament. Shame they can't price it properly.
                              Now I'm hearing/reading from someone in China that it's not that expensive, cheap tickets around $10. The reason it's deserted is that snooker just isn't popular in that part of China, they're all mad about Chinese 8-ball there. Still begs the question, why hold it there?

Comment

• Originally Posted by cebs View Post

Agree, that clearance was really good.

It was not only the double, but even before he attempted one very risky pot instead of playing a safety, that could have backfired. And that's the kind of shots, he needs to get rid off.

Comment

Working...
                                X