2017 International Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    Another day, another complaint about TV matches...

It seems like the choices are made strictly according to who the two highest-ranked (or at least the two most prominent) players in each session are. We have Selby-Ford and Higgins-Dale in the morning, instead of the more interesting Carter-Maguire or Wilson-Gould. I'm sure the afternoon was supposed to be reserved for O'Sullivan and Ding, so with both of them going out today, I thought there would at least be some leeway there to show something interesting. They went with Liang-Li and Robertson-Selt. The first one is fair enough, but I would much rather watch Yan-Walden or Williams-Day instead of the Robertson match. :frown:

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how Perry's match against Robbie Williams goes. As you may remember, they played in the UK Championship two years ago, and Perry played really poorly to lose 6-3. He then made some fairly ungentlemanly comments about his opponent's style and pace of play, saying he how he had never been bored like that on a snooker table before. Williams beat him again the next time they played. Can he make it three in a row? :smile:
    maybe you should use that website and a vVPN and watch all tables? no complaint then
    Got to say as well, I thought a Yan match now would be on a TV table?
    Carter/Maquire - nah not for me - maybe Jack v Xiao
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

& another 147, this time it's Kyren Wilson. He lost the decider against Gould after that.

Comment

Weird question time:
        Does anyone know the name of the company who's logo looks like a cross between a dog and a walrus?
        It appears around the advertising boards next to players name and in other places I think?
        Any info / answers would be great!
        "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
        National Snooker Expo
        25-27 October 2019
        http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          maybe you should use that website and a vVPN and watch all tables? no complaint then
          Got to say as well, I thought a Yan match now would be on a TV table?
          Carter/Maquire - nah not for me - maybe Jack v Xiao
          It seems like Carter made more than 500 unanswered points so maybe it would have been an interesting match. The table will probably be filled with holes after beeing hammered by Maguire (so I guess).
          ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
          "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Gould wins 6:5 with some good scoring after being down 0:4 to Wilson, who won his 5th frame with maximum break. Good match perhaps.

Comment

Miscue from Selby. Taom chalk ?, hahaha..
              JP Majestic
              3/4
              57"
              17oz
              9.5mm Elk

Comment

TOAM CHALK LATEST!
                Players are experiencing more miss cues and need to be wary of how they apply it!
                Words taken and edited via Eurosport commentary.
                --
                How to make and break a product within 14 days...
                "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                National Snooker Expo
                25-27 October 2019
                http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Had mine a couple of week, one miscue with approx 30 hrs played. I apply it quite sparingly too.
                  JP Majestic
                  3/4
                  57"
                  17oz
                  9.5mm Elk

Comment

In my experience Taom does not grip as well as Triangle Pro. It marks cloth and balls less. I also suspect it has a higher wear rate on the tip. Prefer Pro.

Comment

Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
                      Weird question time:
                      Does anyone know the name of the company who's logo looks like a cross between a dog and a walrus?
                      It appears around the advertising boards next to players name and in other places I think?
                      Any info / answers would be great!
                      I think it is a Mammoth, a huge archaeological find of mammoths is quite close to the city and they have a large museum showing them off. I recall some of the players having a jolly at the place a few years ago. So not a company logo, probably the city motif

Comment

Any opinions on this?

https://snookerhq.com/2017/10/31/kyr...n-empty-venue/

Comment

Mark Joyce follows up his impressive 6-2-win over Anthony McGill with another impressive 6-2 over Luca Brecel. He is quietly putting together quite a good season.

Selt leads 5-2 against Robertson.

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                            Not good. I saw the video of Mark Selby playing Tom Ford somewhere in China three days ago, and there were a full and seemingly knowledgeable crowd, so maybe the entranceprice are too high?
                            ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                            "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

I think Daqing is very much out of the way place and this affects the audiences, even when ROS and Ding were playing the front rows were sparcely occupied. The seats to the side seems better occupied than those direct in front of the cameras.
                              I have a feeling that they have tiered pricing, hence more people in the distant dark seats than up front.

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                                It was a bit strange. I was watching the Selby - Ford match, when there was suddenly a tiny applause from like two people. And the commentator mentioned that Kyren Wilson made a maximum at another table with "the only spectator over there clapping".

He also said that the tournament organizers are not really interested in full tribunes and the ticket prices are far to high. It's a pity for the players.

Comment

Working...
                                X