No announcement yet.

2017 International Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yan Bingtao has often shown what a great prospect he is and he is almoste definitely one of the future stars of Snooker. But todays showing is probably his finest hour yet, as he beats Ronnie O'Sullivan 6-1. He punished most of O'Sullivans even tiny mistakes and showed some superb breaks.

Comment

That was impressive stuff from Yan today. We knew he could play to that standard, but not getting scared of winning was the main test really, and he passed it brilliantly. Reminded me a little of the way a young Ding Junhui whitewashed Peter Ebdon and Ken Doherty (when they were still top players) at the China Open in 2005. Never looked under any pressure. :smile:

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
        That was impressive stuff from Yan today. We knew he could play to that standard, but not getting scared of winning was the main test really, and he passed it brilliantly. Reminded me a little of the way a young Ding Junhui whitewashed Peter Ebdon and Ken Doherty (when they were still top players) at the China Open in 2005. Never looked under any pressure. :smile:
        Yan really has the full package. I wasn't sure if he would be able to hold his level over the full distance of the match, but he almost did. On the other hand it's probable he won't always pot as flawless as he did today.

Comment

Impressive from Yan Bingtao. I had expected him to be quite a match for O´Sullivan, but from there to winning it there´s a long way. I´ve seen some bits of the match and he looked impressing.
          ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
          "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Yan Bingtao - lovely cue action, effortless power when required, like that yellow on the baulk cushion down to the green (on the black spot) and then back up to the brown, lovely, 4-1 Yan
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Mr Snooker View Post
              I have not tried to register to be honest you may need to change the page to English language mot sure how it is done, but live streams are also here http://sportstream365.com/viewer?spo...game=144839586 and http://sportstream365.com/viewer?spo...game=144839597 but with no commentary
              Those two links have the matches that are streamed on 365 as well, not all the tables.
              Originally Posted by Mr Snooker View Post
              How do you get or where do you go to get the chinese VPN and how does it all work please or can u get the English version somewhere from the site, do let me know
              Used ZenMate and just used browser translator.
              Last edited by motorhead; 30 October 2017, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Agtv has transmission of the matches on facebook.
                ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  Oli Lines miscues - using the new Taom chalk?
                  Less kicks and "big bounces" but more miscues...

I cant recall the match/player yesterday but there was an awful miscue then as well.
                  Was that Liang Wenbo? He had a nasty one with the rest.

Seems to be a chink in the TAOM chalks armour, it doesn't do what it's supposed to do.

Comment

Wow, I bet the Ronnie boys are aching for the tissues now
                    JP Majestic
                    3/4
                    57"
                    17oz
                    9.5mm Elk

Comment

Ding Junhui seems to suffer from a light conjunctivitis. At least the german commentator mentioned this.

Comment

A cracking result for Oli Lines
                        6-4 v Ding

Ding and ROS out, the sponsors will be kicking themselves...
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Ding is not right mentally. Hope his okay.
                          JP Majestic
                          3/4
                          57"
                          17oz
                          9.5mm Elk

Comment

Another day, another complaint about TV matches...

It seems like the choices are made strictly according to who the two highest-ranked (or at least the two most prominent) players in each session are. We have Selby-Ford and Higgins-Dale in the morning, instead of the more interesting Carter-Maguire or Wilson-Gould. I'm sure the afternoon was supposed to be reserved for O'Sullivan and Ding, so with both of them going out today, I thought there would at least be some leeway there to show something interesting. They went with Liang-Li and Robertson-Selt. The first one is fair enough, but I would much rather watch Yan-Walden or Williams-Day instead of the Robertson match. :frown:

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how Perry's match against Robbie Williams goes. As you may remember, they played in the UK Championship two years ago, and Perry played really poorly to lose 6-3. He then made some fairly ungentlemanly comments about his opponent's style and pace of play, saying he how he had never been bored like that on a snooker table before. Williams beat him again the next time they played. Can he make it three in a row? :smile:

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                              Anyway, it will be interesting to see how Perry's match against Robbie Williams goes. As you may remember, they played in the UK Championship two years ago, and Perry played really poorly to lose 6-3. He then made some fairly ungentlemanly comments about his opponent's style and pace of play, saying he how he had never been bored like that on a snooker table before. Williams beat him again the next time they played. Can he make it three in a row? :smile:
                              Haha I had forgotten about this one yea Perry wasn't to happy about that loss.

Comment

truth is ronnie got put out by the guy i think will be the next big name in Snooker.
                                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                                X