2017 Shanghai Masters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post

As for being an armchair fan and thinking I know better, what I do know is worth more than you've ever contributed to this forum in your 10 years as a member and 89 posts worth of input. So please have a bit of respect for me who's made more contribution and I think my contribution to this forum is worth a lot more than your input so if anyone should 'jog on' its you!
    You made fair points up until this drivel. I have a lot of sporting interests and a busy life, I don't have the time (like you obviously do), to sit and type thousands of posts to an internet forum. Therefore I owe you ZERO respect, I've actually paid real money to *GO OUTSIDE MY HOUSE.... IN THE REAL WORLD* and watch Snooker this year, maybe it's you who owes me some respect, for my contribution to this sport, FINANCIALLY, which is where it matters, right?

Comment

• Two observations I've made from watching this morning's recording. Joe Johnson needs to stop chewing toffees when he's commentating, and Peggy Lee could do with being more assertive :culpability: She's hands down my new favourite ref :beguiled:
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• some fans go to matches, some never
        some fans watch every tournament on TV, some only a choice
        some fans go to many tournaments but don't actually play the game
        some fans play the game but never watch it or go to tournaments
        some fans only do a forum as they have no other avenue

to me it does not matter - they are all FANS of SNOOKER !!!

salute the fans!

me?
        I love watching as much as possible
        I love playing - if only I could play more
        I love going to tournaments - if only I could go more (like Snookerfan )
        I love talking about it on the forum (some may say too much :wink: )
        I love all fans of our fav sport

one hour to go till last session!
        come on Trump - give us a classic to talk on the forum for years to come!
        :wink:
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
          Two observations I've made from watching this morning's recording. Joe Johnson needs to stop chewing toffees when he's commentating, and Peggy Lee could do with being more assertive :culpability: She's hands down my new favourite ref :beguiled:
          did you not catch her berating the crowd at the start of the earlier session!
          I am sure I saw ROS twitch a small smile while she was in full flow!
          Last edited by DeanH; 18 November 2017, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            did you not catch her berating the crowd at the start of the earlier session!
            'Twas sarcasm, dear boy. Sarcasm.
            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
              'Twas sarcasm, dear boy. Sarcasm.
              ah ha, soz did not pick that up
              it was great though!

Comment

some fans go to matches, some never
                some fans watch every tournament on TV, some only a choice
                some fans go to many tournaments but don't actually play the game
                some fans play the game but never watch it or go to tournaments
                some fans only do a forum as they have no other avenue

to me it does not matter - they are all FANS of SNOOKER !!!

salute the fans!

me?
                I love watching as much as possible
                I love playing - if only I could play more
                I love going to tournaments - if only I could go more (like Snookerfan )
                I love talking about it on the forum (some may say too much :wink: )
                I love all fans of our fav sport

one hour to go till last session!
                come on Trump - give us a classic to talk on the forum for years to come!
                :wink:
                That's all well and good, but like it or not, REAL fans, choose to put some of their hard-earned money back into a sport that they love, by going to matches. Snooker (like any other sport) would cease to be, if it wasn't for REAL fans. All well and good watching from the comfort of your armchair, but without the paying fans in the arena, what atmosphere would it have? I see your point, Snooker does need a fanbase, BUT it needs fans spending money to survive.

Comment

• Originally Posted by thevenue2 View Post
                  That's all well and good, but like it or not, REAL fans, choose to put some of their hard-earned money back into a sport that they love, by going to matches. Snooker (like any other sport) would cease to be, if it wasn't for REAL fans. All well and good watching from the comfort of your armchair, but without the paying fans in the arena, what atmosphere would it have? I see your point, Snooker does need a fanbase, BUT it needs fans spending money to survive.
                  yep, all well and good (and tongue in cheek)

if it was not for the millions of armchair fans during the 80s - I doubt snooker would be on tv today
                  It takes ALL fans of whatever persuasion and wallet to keep a sport going!
                  If was not for the players who probably never watch any TV or live events, we would not have players to watch wherever
                  Last edited by DeanH; 18 November 2017, 11:20 AM.

Comment

If was not for the players who probably never watch any TV or live events, we would not have players to watch wherever
                    Very true.

Comment

• Pretty pathetic stuff from Trump this morning, in all honesty. I'll keep it at that, because I don't want egg on my face if he comes back in the second session. Things can happen in snooker, he lost from 7-2 up himself in the 2012 final, and of course O'Sullivan once lost the Masters final from 7-2 up as well. But it's tough to see it happening, because O'Sullivan played himself into the match nicely this morning and played some good snooker from 3-0 up. :smile:

Unfortunately I have to go out for lunch, so I will do my best to avoid spoilers and watch the final session in full a little later. I'm hoping it goes as close as possible. :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                        There you go, Ramon. The Trumpster took a frame off your boy, peed on his cornflakes..:snooker:
                        Looks like you're the one who needs take a shower my friend.

Well ...
                        On a serius note ,

Great match .

*you got the chance to watch a genius playing this game. i hope you did enjoy..

Comment

• another title for Ronnie.
                          congratulations !!

Comment

• Really happy for Ronnie win. Hope this doesn’t affect his Home Nations performance.

Comment

• Give me the jist of the match, I couldn't find a stream

Comment

• Great win for ROS. I hope he doesn't suffer burnout though. When was the last time we had a player do well at this point of the season and not fade away come the new year?

Comment

Working...
                                X